Celery Root/Celeriac - Any Fans?

Rachel217

Silver-Haired Hottie
I have a new fave veggie - celery root. slightly dubious but very curious, I bought one, and after peeling, cubing, boiling and mashing, it was indistinguishable from mashed potatoes, and best of all, it was 0 PPs! It's much closer to the mouth-feel of taters than mashed cauli, which gets a bit watery IMHO no matter how much I squeeze it dry. I'm gonna try celery root oven fries next!

I bought one before but because i dont like celery after i peeled it the smell put me off. Does it taste like celery? Might give it another go if it doesn't.

I have honestly never heard of this! I totally have to try it!

thanks for sharing :)

x

i've never heard of it either,,butter nut squash is even hard to get here

purple rain (great screen name, BTW!!), it really doesn't taste like celery. In fact, the boiling process made it taste just bland and smooth. Next time, I'll throw a clove of garlic into the water to see if it infuses into the mash.

I love it - and I adore Celeriac remoulade which I get in france.
I have used it half and half with mashed potates to reduce points - a nice vegetable even if it is ugly lol

purple rain (great screen name, BTW!!), it really doesn't taste like celery. In fact, the boiling process made it taste just bland and smooth. Next time, I'll throw a clove of garlic into the water to see if it infuses into the mash.

Thank you! I have just bought one from asda so think i will give it a go tomorrow.

Back