Cereal Bars

Sophs

SW Angels founder member
I am loving Alpen but they are quite expensive especially having a 2 a day. Are there any supermarkets own brand that you can have as an H E that are the same as Alpen?

there are sainsburys be good to yourself brand about 5 varieties, apricot and peach, pink grapefruit, maple multigrain, honey, nut & fruit, apple and blackcurrant

this is for green or red

Quality save quite often have alpen lights on offer for about £1 a box if I remember correctly. They dont always have the offer on but grab them when you can when they do.

when i first started getting alpen bars they were only £1 a box in asda, now they are nearly double :O

It is alot isn't it when there are only 6 bars in a pack, so that's only 3 days worth :cry:

It is alot isn't it when there are only 6 bars in a pack, so that's only 3 days worth :cry:

its like 33p a bar, a lot less than a choc bar if you think of it like that :p

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Kellogg's Special K Chocolate Chip Cereal Bar aren't a healthy extra b, they're 4 syns each but they are really yummy. I'm not sure if they're cheaper either, but just thought I'd mention them because they're so good!
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

when i first started getting alpen bars they were only £1 a box in asda, now they are nearly double :O
Yeah they were on special offer then. I really stocked up, bought about 15 packs! They are quite expensive now though

I really like the chocolate oat bars by nutrigrain, only 3 1/2 syns, they are really filling, and sometimes I just split it so that I have 'two' a day. Delicious!!
stops my chocolate cravings...

The tesco chocolate and orange light cereal bars are horrible - they don't resemble the alpen bars at all, so i would seriously doubt they would be classed as a HEB.

Just in case anyone was tempted to try them!

I buy the morrisons cranberry cereal bars ( think its eat smart or whatever there low fat range is)
They are really tasty and only about 95p for 6 i think.
About 80 cals and cant remember fat but its less than 5g per 100g

Jen - I have tried those Tesco ones as well, tasted awful! I find it really hard to find ones that I like, as I am a bit fussy with cereal bars.

The tesco ones are akin to floor sweepings held together with something chemically sweet!!

What about the Ryvita ones? I don't think they're that cheap either those. You can't beat HiFi bars! Again, not cheap! I wonder why they're all so expensive?!

Back