Cereal confusion

Alana

Hi
I was wondering if soeone can clear up something for me...
I love honey cheerios (5.0 syns) but in the book i can have 2 weetabix as my healthy extra, but they are the same syns in the book......why? I'd much rather have cheerios?:cry:

its to do with the amount of fibre i think hun, thats why you can only have certain cereals for a B choice xx

wish cheerios were made to be Healthy Extras lol - yum!

seeing as i dont go to group i just use a B group on what ever cereal i like, as long as the syns work out the same. didnt do me any harm. I always count a HE as 6syns,

They may work out as equal syns because of the calore content but a Hex is based on nutritional value - so two weetabix will give you more fibre and less sugar content than the cheerios would, which is why you can have them as a HEALTHY extra and not have to syn it. They provide a nutritional component to the plan which Cheerios clearly do not fulfill or they would be included on the Hex list.

Saying that you choose any cereal and count it as a Hex is the equivalent of counting a Curly Wurly as a Hex because it has 6 syns. It doesn't follow.

The HexB choices are all high in fibre, which Cheerios aren't, so they aren't a straight swap as it is important to have the fibre. Otherwise the plan would just do without the HexB and have 21 syns allowance.... but then we'd spend it on chocolate :rolleyes: that's why the choice is controlled

Wooooo yay!! Am excited!! Was eating them before being back on plan but have avoided since!! They make the milk go like coco pops milk!! :)

Back