Certificate(s)

wobblytum74

Sorry if this has already been covered.

I went to another group this week to WI as couldn't make my normal group. The leader at this other group was giving certificates out for weight awards. I haven't seen this done at my group.

Anyone else had a certificate?

Yes we get a certificate for every half a stone along with a sticker-then certificate and sticker for slimmer of the week/month,club 10,body magic,target etc etc x x

The consultant has to pay for certificates so some don't give them, only the stickers :)

We get certificates and stickers for each half stone, club 10 and I once got one for slimmer of the week (not had one the other times for that though) I think it depends on the consultant like patchworkpuss says, as they pay for them

I think it's a bit mean they don't give them out though, boo!

Its important ot remember that some SW consultants don't make very much, or indeed any money doing a class, so they do sometimes have to cut corners and not give out stickers/certificates etc. My Consultant runs 3 groups, and the one I go to now has only been going since September. She has only in the last month started to actually make money out of it, though she has made money out of her other 2 groups so has always continued to buy these little things ofr her group. However SW take a fairly high percentage of the subscription fee, and then the consultant has to pay room hire, stickers, certificates, etc etc out of the bit thats left. If you have for example, 20 people turn up, and they all pay £5, thats £100. Most rooms hires are £40 so you can see that once SW have taken their bit there isn't a great deal left over. It not really a surprise that some Consultants can't or won't pay out for the certificates etc.

Still rubbish though

Stickers and certificates for SOW and SOM are free to Consultants so should be available in every group. If your not getting these in group I would mention it. They only need to pay for the weightloss certificates (i.e 1/2st, 1st etc) which really should come out of the social fund (i.e raffle money).

adretro said:
Stickers and certificates for SOW and SOM are free to Consultants so should be available in every group. If your not getting these in group I would mention it. They only need to pay for the weightloss certificates (i.e 1/2st, 1st etc) which really should come out of the social fund (i.e raffle money).

Surely the raffle money should buy the raffle
Prizes and the tea and coffee etc-atleast that's what all the consultants round here do! It's wrong that they should have to use that money to buy certificates :confused:

We pay £1 for a raffle ticket and then we're able to help ourselves to the tea/coffee etc. There are usually 2 baskets of raffle prizes, 3 if the SOW hasn't stayed to group.

My consultant runs 4 classes on the same day, 10:30, 3:30, 5:30 and 7:30, so I reckon she makes quite a bit ;) We get certificates for SOW, SOM plus each half stone, Club 10, target x

(Having said that, I can't find my 1/2 stone certificate - boooooo!)

Surely the raffle money should buy the raffle
Prizes and the tea and coffee etc-atleast that's what all the consultants round here do! It's wrong that they should have to use that money to buy certificates :confused:

The money from the raffle its called the social fund and it should pay for prizes, tea, coffee and anything the consultant needs to buy for the group to help motivation i.e tasters, weightloss certificates etc. Perhaps in groups where they aren't used the raffle fund isn't as well supported?

adretro said:
The money from the raffle its called the social fund and it should pay for prizes, tea, coffee and anything the consultant needs to buy for the group to help motivation i.e tasters, weightloss certificates etc. Perhaps in groups where they aren't used the raffle fund isn't as well supported?

That's strange, as our class is quite quiet but we always get drinks, and certificates etc and decent raffle baskets :)

I run the raffle in our class and there is a morning and an evening group. The proceeds obviously buy the prizes but also teas, cofee, squash etc and also any challenge prizes and sashes for woman of the year and miss slinky etc. Ours is very well supported but only because I give the punters the hard sell lol! x

We get certificates for every half stone as well as sow/som.
However we don't have a raffle like others have said. Our C asks everyone to bring along a piece of fruit or other low syn food item (eg mug shot, tin of beans) and sow gets it all. No other prizes/raffle.
Drinks are 50p.
I feel that people should get certificates/stickers as we are all paying our money each week.

Thanks for all your responses - interesting. I can see why some don't give certificates out. Would love to have a collection of certificates on my fridge LOL - one of the girls at work has offered to make me one everytime I lose 7 lbs but I feel a bit let down that I don't get one from my SW group. It's not the end of the world though x

Back