chain book group

tinkerbellsmum

Gold Member
step by step plan
1. contact the person below you on the list for there address
2. post the book you have listed
3. when you recieve a book read it and you can review it if you like.
4. post the book you have just read to same person as you posted your book to
5. repert till you get your own book back

tips
1. reuse envlopes will save money
2. send them second class get there just as quick and cheaper
3. if you need to slow things down just say
4. keep the books light cheaper on postage

tinkerbellsmum- breath of magic (teresa medeiros)
fillymum-The Full Cupboard of life by Alexander McCall Smith.
rubymoss-Of Love and Other Demons (Gabriel Garcia Marquez)
freshstartnewme-Doors Open- by Ian Rankin
mutts-The Rising by Brian Keene
Losc2522-
charlirose - a date on cloud nine (jenna mcknight)

Last edited:
I think this is a great idea. I can't contribute, because I don't buy books any more (I get them from the public library) but good luck with it - hope it goes well.

This sounds like a good idea, although I'm not entirely sure anyone would want to read the books I own! xxx

I like this idea :) I love to read and have lots of book I can share!

Also love the idea of getting a book I might not pick myself. Count me in!

Claire

I think this is a great idea. I can't contribute, because I don't buy books any more (I get them from the public library) but good luck with it - hope it goes well.

hun if you want to join in i could send one on for you plus my own i have more than enough books

This sounds like a good idea, although I'm not entirely sure anyone would want to read the books I own! xxx

thats the idea hun we get to read books we wouldn't normally read and if people really don't want to read the book they can just post it on.

heres the list so far do you want to review the books as you read them or keep title sercert so its a suprise what you get but you can say if you liked it or not.

tinkerbellsmum
rubymoss
freshstartnewme

please copy and paste and add your name

Do we eventually get the books back? I know that might sound like I'm being annoying but I'm a little obsessive over my book collection haha! xxx

yeah you would hun but i wouldn't send anything teasured because accidents do happen and also sometimes books do get lost in the post but all being well yes you should get your book back.

As an avid reader I would love to join in but the postage from here is horrendous and on as heavy book it would be ridiculous.

heres the list so far do you want to review the books as you read them or keep title sercert so its a suprise what you get but you can say if you liked it or not.

tinkerbellsmum
rubymoss
freshstartnewme

please copy and paste and add your name
I'd love to!!!!

tinkerbellsmum
rubymoss
freshstartnewme
Mel2

Perhaps we should put a limit on the number of pages in order to reduce the postage costs? I don't mind either way. I won't send any treasured books, just books that can be replaced (which is nearly all of them) - I think I'm more concerned about my books than I would be about my kids (if I had any ;) ), I'm a proper English geek. Still, definitely up for it! xxxxx

Perhaps we should put a limit on the number of pages in order to reduce the postage costs? I don't mind either way. I won't send any treasured books, just books that can be replaced (which is nearly all of them) - I think I'm more concerned about my books than I would be about my kids (if I had any ;) ), I'm a proper English geek. Still, definitely up for it! xxxxx

i was gonna say the same thing keep the books small for postage.

Put me n the list as well please but mine will all be "light" reading.

thanks xxxx

Are there any conditions on the reading material? Not that I'm going to be sending Mills and Boon or anything like that, but I'm not sure anyone would want to read any of the books I had to read for my course at Uni haha! :D

I'm really excited about this now! :D Maybe when we've got a full list of people who'd like to participate, we should make another 'Official' thread with the list, and the books, and somewhere to post reviews? xxx

no I don't think we need a list of not to send cause we all like different things and it gets us to read different books. if you really feel you can't read it just post it on.
I was thinking you know do we need to wait a week to post our books we might as well post it now then close the group next monday if your last on this list you will just have to wait till theres someone under you on sunday last on the list posts to me.
if you pm the person under you and ask for there address for the book chain.

Back