changes???

kyliet

Hi ladies!! I posted earlier to say that I have lost 5lbs at my second WI and that makes my total loss 1 stone!! I know I have lost the weight but I cant see a difference in the way I look, even though my mom and partner say that you can see the weight loss!

This has been my main hurdle and the reason I always fail at losing weight! 1) Because I dont every see a change in my body.
2) Because I think I would look "weird" slim (its been 8 years since I was slim)!

So my question is, how do you cope mentally with your body changing shape?

Some of the ladies who are maintaining look amazing, but like different people!! How do you get your head round going from a size 16/18 to much smaller??

Hope that makes sense! Sometimes it doesnt even make sense when I say it in my head!!

xx

makes perfect sense - i havent been slim in about 16 yrs so i imagine it will be very strange when i do get there - but bring it on!!

i weighed in at 18 stone for my first weigh in so its a long road ahead - i know mentally i have as much work to do as physical , i'm sure it will be challenging but well worth it

I haven't been slim in... well forever! I started at a size 24, I'm now an 18 on top, 20 on the bottom, and that's getting loose. Personally, I love it. I think I'm getting a lot more confident about myself, but it's only now really that I'm starting to feel like I've lost the weight, if that makes sense. I think it takes a couple of stone for us to see and feel the differences ourselves, though others will always see it more than us. I'm still a long way off getting to goal, so can't give the full picture, I'm sure some others who are further on will reply too though. I think that as you go on, you lose more weight, you see yourself fitting into smaller clothes, you see pictures that you don't automatically hate, it starts to change your opinion of yourself. But I think that it starts now, just pampering yourself a little sometimes. It doesn't have to wait until all the weight is gone. Hope that all makes sense!

Brilliant question to be thinking about and as we lose weight so quickly, it really takes a while for our heads to catch up. I went through a stage when I was out with a friend that I'd get them to see someone that was 'my size' and point them out. Taking photos or a video helps as well. I still get surprised at my reflection every now and then. :)

Errrrrrrm

Ive lost nearly 7 stone...have gone from a size 22 to a 12 (almost a 10 now) and STILL think like a fat bird

So...im non the wiser

LOL!

Its only when things 'do up' zip up ..etc that i think i must be smaller..or see a reflection in a window...but other than that??????

Im lost with it all.

Not good.

Yes, me myself have lost 12 lbs, but I still can't see no difference on my body. I feel lighter, but I look the same. And my clothes fits the same. But the pounds has gone down. I think there is muchhh to lose until I will see a diference on my body and ofcourse when the clothes would be looser. I'm now size 16, I think I have to lose atleast 30 lbs to get into a 14 :-S.. . . .

Somebody once said to me when I asked the same question...

"(...) think of yourself as a kitchen roll! Each sheet of paper equals a lb. When you start your diet you are a brand new thick roll, if you take one sheet off (1lb) it only just about goes round the roll once and you will hardly notice any difference when you remove it. But as you continue to lose the lbs the roll gets smaller and each sheet goes round the roll several times. So as you get smaller each lb becomes more visible."

That's how it works and I am happy with the changes (even the smallest ones!!!)
Remember that all this weight didn't creep up overnight so you can't expect to lose it overnight as well. Embrace little changes like clothes getting a bit loser and your face looking a wee bit slimmer - be patient - it will pay off xxx
xx

Hi all, i too cant imagine being a slim 'me' but for now i'm getting a confidence boost every time someone stops me to TELL ME i've lost weight and look really well, they seem kinda embarrassed saying it but i just tell them to carry on haha! 3 times i've been stopped now and if they can tell then i must looking sort of slimmer? I cant believe in only 18 days, my clothes are loose, i have gone down a dress size and i wake up happy that each day i'm doing something about my weight.

I agree that photos are the best. We are so self-critical that any compliment we are quick to dismiss and a hint of an insult cuts us deep. Photos don't lie.
I do mine in the same doorway so I see more of the door now (I was 3 stone heavier). This diet gives quick results so it is worth taking that pic at every stone lost so you can see how far you have come.

Somebody once said to me when I asked the same question...

"(...) think of yourself as a kitchen roll! Each sheet of paper equals a lb. When you start your diet you are a brand new thick roll, if you take one sheet off (1lb) it only just about goes round the roll once and you will hardly notice any difference when you remove it. But as you continue to lose the lbs the roll gets smaller and each sheet goes round the roll several times. So as you get smaller each lb becomes more visible."

That's how it works and I am happy with the changes (even the smallest ones!!!)
Remember that all this weight didn't creep up overnight so you can't expect to lose it overnight as well. Embrace little changes like clothes getting a bit loser and your face looking a wee bit slimmer - be patient - it will pay off xxx

Mimi, that's a really good analogy, thanks.

I think it took a while for me to notice a real difference (obviously I'm talking about the first time around as I've since regained a few pounds, sigh) but other people really start to notice at the 2 stone mark.

I think it struck me the hardest when I was in Brantano one day and happened to look up at the CCTV camera monitor - and didn't actually realise that the slim dark haired girl on the screen was me!

That was weird - but fab :D :D :D

Having said all that, a colleague at work asked me yesterday if I'd lost weight - and I've only lost 7 pounds so far! I was quite chuffed, LOL.

i think it takes time to sink in... since doing CD i hate pictures of my face and think it looks dead fat on pictures (even tho it was so much bigger before on pics and had a big extra chin!) maybe its cos my body is smaller...lol. Am sure 'thin' people have the same moments like when they have had a big meal etc and makes you bloated! But i have to believe it being that the linen trousers i started off wearing to get weighed for at least the first month then i lost them...literally fall off me to the floor! even when totally fastened. Actions speak louder than words!! x

Back