changing diets

marmaduke

Does anyone else get bored with the diet they are doing after a few weeks or months? I did sw first and loved it and lost a good amount but after a few months got really bored, so I switched to ww. I love ww too and have lost but now I have found myself getting bored with it too so thinking of trying sw again for a couple of months as would love to lose another half a stone before my holiday at the end of June.

I always get bored with diets...that's one of the problems I've found when I stopped dieting - I stopped eating healthy and so put all the weight back on. I'm doing Go Lower now and find this the easiest diet in the world. There is no weighing, no counting calories or points or syns...They supply your food - the hardest part is choosing which meal to have! All you need to do is to top up with fruit and veg. It's easy and there is nothing to get bored with. They even supply you with delicious snacks should the urge grab you. It's the best diet I've ever been on and I wish I knew about years ago.

xx

i usually get bored with specific diets! With SW, I found I was eating the same meals and didnt have much range, so became fed up and it wasnt as effective.

Now I am just following my own plan and cutting down on the bad stuff and eating healthier along with exercising!

I've been doing SW for 10 years now and am still not bored. it's not the eating plan that is at fault, you get bored because you haven't put the effort into introducing enough variety to what you are eating. Of course you're going to get bored if you eat the same things week in week out - who wouldn't! And it won't matter which plan you follow, if you're not willing to do that then you will always end up getting bored.

Variety is hugely important so you should always be looking for new foods and new recipes. There is so much inspiration out there in recipes books, maagazine, forums like this, and internet recipe sites that there's really no excuse for eating the same stuff all the time. You need to get excited about your food and not look on it as a means to losing weight.

Marmaduke you have done really well to lose what you have.

I know that variety will of course help with sticking to losing weight but some of us are hopeless in the kitchen, well I am anyway. Can't cook, won't cook is me.

I am following Go Lower and all food is supplied with lots of different choices and that way I don't get board.

I can only suggest that you look at your options and decide from there. Whatever you do don't give up as you are doing fantastically and your holiday will be here soon.

Thanks for your replies, I'm glad to hear Im not the only one who gets bored. Ive decided to give slimming world another go anyway, I know its not the plans that are at fault, Im just quite lazy when it comes to cooking so I tend to eat the same few things in rotation. I'm going to try and be more adventurous this time though, I dont have much to lose before I get to target and I have a holiday in 7 weeks so I'm determined to do it. Good luck to you all with your weight loss x

Have a great holiday and I am sure you will get to target before you go.

I am sure you will enjoy exploring new foods. How about just different combinations if you are really bored.

good luck on SW

Good luck! Why not set yourself a challenge like having a different evening meal every day for the two weeks/month/whatever? Or how about trying a new food every week from now until your holiday?

I've done SW several times in the past, and each time I go back to it I find it less effective. this is absolutely not SW's fault, it's entirely mine. I wouldn't say I'm bored - more complacent. I think I know the plan inside out (which I actually do) but then I start making my own little changes and adjustments and then I'm surprised when it doesn't work! :lol:

That is the problem with diets - we know what we are supposed to do, but those little changes make all the difference and we end up not doing what we set out to do in the first place!! That's one of the reasons I like Go Lower so much. There is no planning,. They supply me with my food, I just add in fruit and veg but other than that I eat what they give me...that way I can't make any changes..easy.

xx

Rachel I have to agree with Happy there.

I know by sticking to my Go Lower foods I can't change them and it makes life so much easier.

I can the other foods I can eat if I fancy something f=different but the main Go Lower meals I stick to as they come.

Back