• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Changing from slimming world to low carb

sherby

S: 19st8.5lb C: 17st7.5lb BMI: 43.5 Loss: 2st1lb(10.56%)
Hi everyone

I have lost just over 2 stone in 5 weeks on slimming world but I am feeling I want to do low carb until after Christmas but with a day off on Christmas Day. Has anyone transitioned from Slimming world to a very low carb diet and did you gain weight initially? Also do you think one day will throw me out of Ketosis?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

TRISTAR

Gold Member
S: 21st12lb C: 9st11.5lb G: 9st12lb BMI: 23.6 Loss: 12st0.5lb(55.07%)
Hi, I did quite a long time ago (you might see my old thread on here somewhere). I had some success, but it made me quite poorly, and it was very restrictive. If I went slightly over (and I mean ever so slightly) on my carbs, it would throw me out of ketosis, and it would take me about 4 days to get fully back into it again. For me it just wasn't worth it, as I had so much weight to lose, and I just couldn't keep at it long term. Reverting back to Slimming World was my final long term solution. Wishing you all the best with your losses

sherby

S: 19st8.5lb C: 17st7.5lb BMI: 43.5 Loss: 2st1lb(10.56%)
Hi, I did quite a long time ago (you might see my old thread on here somewhere). I had some success, but it made me quite poorly, and it was very restrictive. If I went slightly over (and I mean ever so slightly) on my carbs, it would throw me out of ketosis, and it would take me about 4 days to get fully back into it again. For me it just wasn't worth it, as I had so much weight to lose, and I just couldn't keep at it long term. Reverting back to Slimming World was my final long term solution. Wishing you all the best with your losses
Thanks How many carbs did you have? Xx

TRISTAR

Gold Member
S: 21st12lb C: 9st11.5lb G: 9st12lb BMI: 23.6 Loss: 12st0.5lb(55.07%)
Hi, for me to stay in ketosis I was having 20g carbs a day max