Changing from slimming world to low carb

sherby

Hi everyone

I have lost just over 2 stone in 5 weeks on slimming world but I am feeling I want to do low carb until after Christmas but with a day off on Christmas Day. Has anyone transitioned from Slimming world to a very low carb diet and did you gain weight initially? Also do you think one day will throw me out of Ketosis?

Hi, I did quite a long time ago (you might see my old thread on here somewhere). I had some success, but it made me quite poorly, and it was very restrictive. If I went slightly over (and I mean ever so slightly) on my carbs, it would throw me out of ketosis, and it would take me about 4 days to get fully back into it again. For me it just wasn't worth it, as I had so much weight to lose, and I just couldn't keep at it long term. Reverting back to Slimming World was my final long term solution. Wishing you all the best with your losses

Hi, I did quite a long time ago (you might see my old thread on here somewhere). I had some success, but it made me quite poorly, and it was very restrictive. If I went slightly over (and I mean ever so slightly) on my carbs, it would throw me out of ketosis, and it would take me about 4 days to get fully back into it again. For me it just wasn't worth it, as I had so much weight to lose, and I just couldn't keep at it long term. Reverting back to Slimming World was my final long term solution. Wishing you all the best with your losses
Thanks How many carbs did you have? Xx

Hi, for me to stay in ketosis I was having 20g carbs a day max

Hi I’ve been doing Low Carb for four years & now want to move on to Slimming World, I’m a bit worried I will gain first? Did you?

Hi, I didn't move straight from Low Carb to Slimming World, there were a few years between them both. I know they say if you have been following an exteme or low carb plan, you can have a slight gain in the first week, and it should steady out when your body adjusts. It's not the end of the world in the grand scheme of things. The key is to finding something that will work for you, something you can enjoy and sustain, not matter how long it takes xx

Hi, I didn't move straight from Low Carb to Slimming World, there were a few years between them both. I know they say if you have been following an exteme or low carb plan, you can have a slight gain in the first week, and it should steady out when your body adjusts. It's not the end of the world in the grand scheme of things. The key is to finding something that will work for you, something you can enjoy and sustain, not matter how long it takes xx
Awe I see, thank you for replying, I’m just fed up with Low Carb, even though it works, I’ll give Slimming World a go as there are so many more foods you can eat 🙌 xx

Back