Changing my strategy! [warning, ranting content]

Pinkie :)

Slowly shrinking again!
Ok...

I have come to a decision... :)

Based on yet another ridiculously low weight loss at tonight's WI, I am no longer going to use my official WI losses as my stats!

Since I started LL on 1st Dec, I have been keeping my own log of my losses, which I have taken on Wednesday mornings (as my WI used to be Wednesdays eve's, then she changed it to Tuesdays eve's)!

I always weigh myself first thing, on an empty stomach, with just underwear on.

These losses make sense to me!... they are on a very good scale which I have been using for years, and I won't have been drinking water yet, as just got up, so that isn't there to influence the outcome!

The reason I am doing this is last week my LLC said I was dehydrated after looking at my ketostick, although I had been sipping water all afternoon, so certainly was not dehydrated! But I had been a little careful to not drink too much for about 2 hours before my WI, (like usual on a Tuesday), as I am aware that a litre of water weighs 2lbs!

But my LLC said water doesn't weigh much as that it's more important I stay hydrated!

So, tonight I decided to conduct an experiment!

I weighed myself around 4pm, at home... and was the same weight as this morning! (great!)... Then I had my soup and kept sipping water like I would on a usual non-WI day!... then, at 5:30pm, as I was changing to go to my LL meeting, I weighed myself again and I was 2lb's heavier!! Da-Da-Daaaaaa!!!! I knew it!

Course, I then had my WI and after jumping on the scales, my LLC says 'l.4lbs'!!!

Now, there is no way that's all I've lost this last week! In fact, I know for a fact that due to that soup and water, I was temporarily 2lb's heavier! However, despite knowing this, it still put me in a bad mood for the whole of the class. :(

Not that 1.4lbs is so bad, but my last 4 weeks losses have been 1.6's and 1.4's... and enough is enough! I'm sticking to this diet religiously, drinking all the water, doing everything right... and for what? 6lbs a month?!?!?!

So... hence my new system! :D

I have adjusted all my stats on my profile so they relate to my own weigh-ins, at home... every Wednesday morning! This is my way of solving the problem... as over the last few weeks, the low losses have started to get to me... and this way, my official WI's are simply going to be a formality, and thus irrelevant to me! ;)

So... my weight loss this week will be whatever it is on my scale, tomorrow morning! And that's my last word on the matter!

Thanks for letting me rant... I feel much better now!

You lot are fab!! :)

xx

Underwear? Every ounce counts ;) Neked weighing is the way to go :D

xxx

Aww, thank you! Confirmation!! :D

It's the only way for me... This weigh in business at the class is playing havoc with my emotions... which is silly, as I'm doing perfectly well in reality...

I've also extended my goal date, by putting it back a month, which is more realistic! Otherwise it just extra, unnecessary pressure, and why do that to myself?... You know? :)

xx

Underwear? Every ounce counts ;) Neked weighing is the way to go :D

xxx
Hehe... actually, yes, sometimes it's nekkid! ;) Lol...

xx

Pinkie and the Brain, lol can I be brain today??

love your rant!!! Yes, I am always 1 to 2 lbs less on my scale than on my LLC's so always keep those stats as my goal... aka I came home this evening weighed myself, would have been a nearly 5lb loss this week, went to class 15 minutes later and by the time I weighed in the same clothes i might add as this was my little test, I somehow miraculously gained 1.25lbs!!! but from first time around of LL I knew that this was my scale compared to his, so as long as where I get to on my scale I am happy!!

Go Pinkie, love the strategy!!!

J
xx

Neked at the LL classes :eek::eek::eek::eek:
Shame on you!
;)

Ah, my dearest brainy one... (yes, you can be Brain!) PMLS!! ;)

Thank you... you're the best! :D

Glad you like the rant, although it's very long winded, so apologies for that! Never was very good at being succinct! ;)

xx

PMSL!!! this thread is cracking me up, wonder what LLC's would do if we said we wanted to weigh in nekkid!! lol wouldnt have considered it before loosing the weight in the first place though ;P

J
xx

Lol... Actually, mine did tell me that one time a women started stripping off and got down to her underwear... at which point my LLC said "ooohhh k! That'll do..." Lol...

/Erm, I'm assuming she was there for a weigh in. ;)

xx

My strategy is
I don't own any :scale:

Lol... that's a great strategy SB! :)

Unfortunately I am addicted to mine, although I have cut down, honest! And I can quit, anytime! I just choose not to... Honest guv! ;)

Well, that seals it then Zingano! :D

I mean, if it's good enough for you, it's good enough for me!!
smiley-hug004.gif

xx

I decided not to go anywhere near mine - they're not digital and very dusty. In fact they're going in the bin when I get home tonight!!

Lol... whatever suits you gingette! Mind you, if they're dusty, then you obviously never really use them, so yeah, just chuck 'em! :)

My system is good for me, but certainly isn't for everyone... ;)

xx

I weigh myself everyday at home and I will continue to do so!
I figured that if I get into the habit of doing that it'll help me maintain my weight better in the future.
Plus I'm just too damn curious and impatient!!! lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I weigh myself everyday at home and I will continue to do so!
I figured that if I get into the habit of doing that it'll help me maintain my weight better in the future.
Plus I'm just too damn curious and impatient!!! lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Lol... You and me both mags! ;)

How you feeling by the way hun?... :)

xx

I'm much better darling! Thank you! Still sporting nasty cold sores on my lips so staying this weekend sounds like a plan lol
Are you enjoying your bars? ;)

Back