ProPoints (changing to Low Carb now.)

Well done on the EMA work..you can do it!
And it probably was a reaction to the flu jab so hopefully all will be ok now :0)
As Libby says we enjoy reading your diary and keeping up with you :0)

Friday 28th September 2012

EMA done and dusted!.. :clap: Finally submitted it at 11.30 last night.
Didn't get to full word count, only 1800. Should have been 2500.
As soon as I finished everything I cleared my table of all the books which have been on there since March and then felt quite bereft... :rolleyes:
Had my hair done this afternoon and then went straight on to have my nails done as well.
Food for today:

Breakfast (very late) - Oats 2oz + Milk 8floz
Snack (at hairdressers) - Rich Tea Biscuits 2
Dinner - Fish portion + Swede & Carrot Mash
Supper - Peaches + Yogurt 4oz
Extra - Milk 10floz

Total = 27PP + 4 = 31
Correction to PPs. I find that the swede & carrot mash has potato in it as well.

Last edited:
Yay to the EMA being done :0)
Food looks good for today and I hope you enjoyed your pampering :0)

Yay! Fantastic job! Food looks great as always! Bet you enjoyed your wee pamper session - definitely deserved! ;) Fingers crossed for the EMA, quality not quantity! lol :p xx

Have a lovely weekend!

Thanks Daisy and Libby.
Pampering is always a good way to finish the week!

Hope you have a good day today :0)

Hope you've enjoyed today! Can't say I enjoyed my 'pampering' just as much! Eyebrow threading, ouch, ouch, ouch! :p

Today has been very good thankyou.. :)

Saturday September 29 2012

Never had threading done on my eyebrows Libby, does sound rather painful tho'. Did have my eyebrows dyed last year as they are very fair and hardly visible. Unfortunately it didn't take and was back to usual costing me about £20 for the trouble! .. :sigh: .. Had it done 'cos I wanted to look more glam for my cruise!! Can only but try :D
I did have a facial and make-up done when my son got married some many moons ago now. It was the most wonderful experience and even tho' I say it myself...I looked good and felt wonderful..AND got lots of compliments into the bargain. I think it would take a near miracle to get the same results today on this face .. :giggle:

Had a busy day and got lots of odds and ends done.
Food went well too.

Breakfast - Allbran 45g + Milk 5floz
Lunch - Bread + Cheese 30g
Snack - Digestive Biscuits 2
Dinner - Kipper fillet + Bread + Butter
Supper - Peaches (tin drained) + Banana
Extra - Milk 10floz + Crackerbread 2 + Phili Cheese 15g

Total 29PP

Last edited:
Aw! What a load of rubbish! I'm sure you look beautiful! ;) Glad you managed to get some bits and bobs sorted, food looks fab as well :)

Glad you had a good day and I agree with Libby,am sure you look great anyhow :0)

Well..I must admit it's very nice to get such a compliment girls..thankyou.

Sunday September 30 2012

Was in a very grumpy mood this morning as I had quite a bad night with the old arms being painful. Debated as to whether to go to luncheon especially as I wasn't at all sure where the place was. Decided to pull my socks up (figuratively speaking.. :D ) ...having some fresh air will do me good! So parked in the large St. Giles multi storey and walked down towards Jarrolds and there it was! So pleased that it wasn't too far.
Back was really playing me up by this time and when I went into restaurant there was just 4 women who had arrived and looking like they were quite a clique' and now feeling even more grumpy.. :rolleyes: .. I sat down on a nice comfy side bench rather than at the table.
However, eventually when all had arrived and things got started the lady in charge announced that she was not at all good with computer stuff and that was why the place tickets were lacking a bit of finesse and if anyone could help...? So I volunteered for the job and was accepted with a round of applause! :D
I was immediately pounced on by the lady opposite me as she wanted help with her comp skills and we were soon avidly discussing the pros and cons of the new technology... :whistle: ... felt quite the nerd there for a while. Not often I get asked about things like that but it's always great to feel one has some knowledge worth sharing...lol!
Starter was chicken liver pate' with garlic bread but it was very thinly sliced pieces that was "fried" in garlic butter and the whole thing was extremely sickly. Following that I had sea bass..the tiniest fillet and plenty of vegetables which were superb.
Did have fleeting chats with others but my concentration was mostly with this lady who was determined to find out all she could while she had the opportunity even tho' I given her my email address.
The rest of food for today was all over the place with no set meal structure but the total came to 28PP. May have to add a wee bit to that if I find I need to take more tabs tonight.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you've been in pain,hope you're feeling better today :0)
Wow sounds like your day turned into a really good one yesterday and that's great that you could help others out with your computer knowledge :0)
I hope you have a good day today Emm :0)

Monday October 1st 2012

WI today now 14.7... what's new! .. :sigh:
Am not going to allow that to daunt me and will keep plodding on.
Telephoned surgery for an urgent talk with doctor who phoned me back an hour later. Have had a very bad itching between my toes which I have ignore for the last 3-4 days and then found last night a massive "blister" which was weeping profusely. Did think it was more than likely Athletes Foot but being Diabetic it's always best to check things out. So he left me a prescription for some cream after agreeing that it was AF.

Phone call from my D and had a nice chat and then went out for lunch at Morrisons..(where else!?!) Called in at the place where I bought my car which is now Thurlows and asked one of the mechanics if he could just do my tyre pressure for me which he did... (must get them done more often!) Offered him a few bob for doing it for me but he refused it which was very nice. Finished off the afternoon by collecting script, then medication and called into bank for some cash to pay my cleaner this week.
Home about 4pm and a wee snooze before having a shower and seeing to my foot which has calmed down considerably now, thank goodness!

Food today:
Breakfast - Oats 45g + Milk 5floz + Honey
Lunch - Chicken 6oz + Carrots + Peas + Potato mash 4oz + Stuffing
Evening - Bread + Cheese 30g
Supper - Yogurt + Banana
Extra - Milk 10floz

Total 28PP

Yes keep going Emm,you will get there!
Ouch about the blister,glad you've got some cream for it :0)
That's good that you got your tyres check and the man didn't charge you for it.
Nice you had a chat with your D and that's good that the blister is a lot better now :0)

Yes keep going Emm,you will get there!
Ouch about the blister,glad you've got some cream for it :0)
That's good that you got your tyres check and the man didn't charge you for it.
Nice you had a chat with your D and that's good that the blister is a lot better now :0)

Thanks Daisy. Just don't know what to do other than keep plodding on and hoping for the best but that's the trouble when taking a lot of meds, they do scramble up the digestive system.

Emmaline said:
Thanks Daisy. Just don't know what to do other than keep plodding on and hoping for the best but that's the trouble when taking a lot of meds, they do scramble up the digestive system.

Very true about a lot of meds..not good but needed at the same time!

Tuesday October 2nd 2012

A very odd day! Started off very well. Had a nice chat with my sis who was telling me about her trials and tribulations with her OH.. she has got such patience.. :rolleyes:
Then made enquiries as to getting a podiatry appointment and realised I hadn't left much time to get it done before my trip to Yarmouth next week. However, very nice lady, mulling over opportunities available said "Well, there's one at Thorpe at 11.45 today..but then I don't suppose you will be able to get there in the hour, will you?!" to which I said.."Oh yes I can!" So she kept repeating in a sort of disbelieving manner.."You can get there in the hour?...all the way to Thorpe?...are you sure..?!" Anyway, I dashed (well sort of in my hobbledy manner..lol!) and got there in really good time. Man I saw was an absolute angel! I was so uptight about it after my horrible experiences with other podiatrists but he was very concerned, held my toes really nice and firmly and was politeness itself!! Told him that I was going to try to get him in future appointments...Yay!!
So from there I went to Tesco and got some more fruit plus one or two other things, finally weakening and buying a pack of Chocolatino ices...very wrong move as I ended up eating all 3. At 9PP per ice..well..you can guess the rest!! .. :eek: .. Total for today was 60 so far... :mad: .. and NO!! it's def not good at all!!

Back