Charity Night - what to do

Lucy_Jucie

Silver Member
Hi Peeps, ok need some advice ( i know people are going to critisise me for not being 100% but its my choice, i just want advice on what im asking) Im going to a charity night ive arranged this Friday. I would like to have a couple of drinks, but ive been told by my pharmasist to not drink on an empty stomach, so ive been told to eat fresh tuna steaks before i go out and then just drink vodka and tonic/soda water. I just wondered if anyone has any other advice of what to drink or eat to minimise any damage. Thanks peeps

Drinking while in ketosis is REALLY dangerous!!! Like any alcohol at all!!!! so if you want to have a drink you have to get yourself out of Ketosis....which means carbs i'm afraid and starting all over the day after!

http://www.minimins.com/atkins-diet/81117-dangers-drinking-alcohol-whilst-ketosis.html

Its totally your choice babe.... but you def need to come out of ketosis to have a drink... Your pharmacist has got this seriously wrong hun!!!

Hi Dee

thanks for that ive had a read, i wasnt going to have many anyways but may not now, i dont know i see my pharmasist on wednesday to ill ask her to explaine again then make my decision. Thanks hun! x

Hey pet as Deezer says it is very dangerous. Especially as after 4/5 we lose inhibitions and want more. I would advise to have a good meal if you were to drink as our wee mammys would say to 'line the stomach'.

Both times I have done it I did have one night out with 6 Vodka sprite Zeros and was fine bar dying the next day but would advise to eat now. I would even suggest Non-alcoholic wines or Mocktials if you were not coming off 100%.

Yeah think i might have 2 tuna steaks and some steamed veggies. Then might just have a few vodkas. Did you put much weight on?

Back