Charleybarley tries again - Jan 2013

Charleybarley

Gold Member
Try try again.

I am going to give it another go. I have been back doing SW online for nearly 2 months and I have lost ... 2 pounds! Not the greatest start is it? I know the SW diet inside and out but there is one thing I cant get my head around, I am a cheater! I am so good and then I balls it up by being naughty. I am now almost 2 stone away from my biggest weight and I am really scared I will end up back there. It was a horrible time for me being that weight but a nasty virus led me to lose 6 stone - and over the last few years the weight has crept back on... I have joined SW about three/four times over the last three years and each time I failed at it and it looks as though I am failing again.

So I need to put my head back in the game and man up! I have been reading into some very inspirational people's diaries and I feel stronger and more empowered - so this is my diary. I am not great at seeing things through and I am not always able to post, but I will try my hardest. So today, weigh in day and I lost 1lb - which I am alright with as I spent 4 days out of 7 gorging on easter choc! The choc has gone now, so I will hopefully be less tempted by it not being in the house:

B - 1 banana, half a cantaloupe melon and 2 black coffees

L - Quarter BBQ chicken - skin on - I know, but I just can't help myself!(?) with salad and 1tbsp salad cream light choice (1 syns)
Tesco fish sushi taster (2 syns) (I didn't need this, I was being greedy!)

D - Pork Curry and Rice with broc and cauli (free)

Snacks throughout the day - Oaty bar (HEB) blueberries and mango with greek yogurt

SYNS - I don't know how to syn the skin with the chicken, I know no concept of the weight of the skin. I will not be having any more syns though so I am hoping that 7 syns will cover the skin, therefore I will have had 10 syns.

HEB - Oaty bar
HEA - None planned today, I will have a glass of milk later I think

THOUGHTS ON THIS DAY: I need more of a substantial breakfast, I usually have a couple of sausages, sometimes in a sandwich, or porridge or weetabix but I hate wasting my HEs on the first meal of the day - this is the first day this week that I havent planned my meals.... and it shows.

Last edited:
Good luck with your weight loss, we are not far from a similar starting weight, we can do it and atleast your trying again and not giving up so thats motivation for you! :) x

Hey Sugar

Thanks for replying - in the past I never got any responses to my food diaries - lonely!

We are indeed at similar stages and it would be great if we could gee each other on. Do you have a diary?

How has your day been going so far?

x

Hey you are welcome I am always happy to speak to new people as we are all in the same boat. I am having a good day so far although had a late breakfast as didnt get upto late as wasnt feeling well plus I forget to eat when I am doing uni work which i need to try not to do. I am a bit disappointed as I planned sw spag bol for tonight but realised I brought lean mince instead of extra lean so will have to syn it. How is your day going? Yeah I have a diary think its called xsugarfairyx food diary :) x

image-1462534822.jpg

I have never attached a photo before, just testing to see whether i did it correctly!

Yay it worked! That was my sunday roast made by my lovely man! Pretty syn heavy but I saved my syns up for this monster I estimate 3.5 for gravy and BGTY saus and ever present chicken skin and stuffing balls I think are 1 each - my it mounts up.

Hey you are welcome I am always happy to speak to new people as we are all in the same boat. I am having a good day so far although had a late breakfast as didnt get upto late as wasnt feeling well plus I forget to eat when I am doing uni work which i need to try not to do. I am a bit disappointed as I planned sw spag bol for tonight but realised I brought lean mince instead of extra lean so will have to syn it. How is your day going? Yeah I have a diary think its called xsugarfairyx food diary :) x

Sorry to hear you are not feeling great - I hope you are feeling a little better now. What do you study at Uni?

Its a bummer about the lean mince/extra lean mince saga - I used to use the leano stuff all the time (and I never synned it - no hope for me really is there!) coz I couldn't find the EL anywhere but Sainsburys do them and usually 3 packs for a tenner.

I will take a gander at your diary in a wee while. I am supposed to be working - oops!

x

I will feel better just anxiety playing up but ill be ok, thanks for caring.i will just syn it just in case. I studying primary education its good, stressful at times, oops sorry for distracting you at work x

Sorry to hear that about you Sug. Hopefully the longer you continue (and succeed) on this weight loss journey, the better u will feel. Anxiety is not nice, I don't suffer personally but my best friend has BDD and she can get herself so worked up. It makes me sad. Feel better soon hun x

I totally envy u, I would loved to have been a primary school teacher! I sold out though to a big office in the City!! X

Yeah hopefully it will had a few knocks lately but need to use them as motivation. Aww sorry to hear about your friend. And thanks its hard work but will be worth it in the end. And city life sounds fun, I like small towns as orginally from one x

image-2251500611.jpg

image-3429237702.jpg

My yummy pork curry meal. 1 syn

Thanks sugar. Its actually my boyfriends dish. His parents are Bajan and thats how they do their curries. It's just spices likes - all purpose seasoning, jerk chicken, ground pimento, lots of curry powder, dried thyme, marinade your meat in that and then fry it off using fry light, then transfer it to a pan and add water, then leave for at least 45 mins (when i do it, i put it in the slow cooker - yum!) and at the end turn the heat up, add a few tsps of gravy granules to thicken it. Et voila. His dad puts onion and garlic in his and so do I, but Mick is plain Jane! I have a little bit leftover for lunch - yum!!

laurachezza said:
Curry looks lovely...I need to stop being lazy n make some of these recipes :) lol x

Hey, as u can see it's really easy and the spices do their tasty magic for u, so it's not too time consuming - or just get someone else to do it! To be fair I do most of the cooking, but Mick is pretty good too - his Sunday roast as pictured earlier, was phenom! Get in that kitchen Laura!

Xx

Oo sounds lovely I bet its great to have recipes past on, I enjoy cooking from scratch lately which is good cos when i was on ww i lived on their ready meals which still arent great for you, well I think so anyways, and thanks for the tip on how to cook it, do you think cornflour would thicken it up as I dont eat gravy? Hope you have a good day today :) xx

Oo sounds lovely I bet its great to have recipes past on, I enjoy cooking from scratch lately which is good cos when i was on ww i lived on their ready meals which still arent great for you, well I think so anyways, and thanks for the tip on how to cook it, do you think cornflour would thicken it up as I dont eat gravy? Hope you have a good day today :) xx

You are so right, those WW meals, as convenient as they are, are full of crap stuff - especially salt and unnatural ingredients. There isnt much I eat that is pre-prepared, believe me I am no angel, when I go, I go - but its rarely ready made meals. But hey those meals work for people who prefer things that way - I cant knock it, my friend does it and has lost loads. Its just not for me, too portion controlled.

I think cornflour would work perfectly, in fact I would prefer to use that as a thickening agent because gravy itself contains a lot of sodium and flavour, in my mind, Mick's recipe is so flavoursome with all the spices, it doesnt really need the added flavour of the granules - but hey, it was Mick's baby, who am I to muscle in. It was delish!

Go for it sug, you wont be disappointed!

If you like curries and all things spicy, try finding Mama's Meals on the recipe thread - I make her jamaican chicken curry and it is phenominal, I have done it with chicken and pork and am going for beef next time. Its b!oody handsome.

Have a good day!
C

Friday 20 April:

B - Ryvitas and 3 LCL cheeses. Skinny americano from Neros (HEB and HEA)

L - leftover curry and rice (1)

D - 2x nandos marinated Chicken thighs (skin off this is a rarity for me!) and BBQ pork steak, with SW chips and salad

Snacks - apple, banana, half a melon, mango and blueberries in fat free Greek yog.

I am keeping syns low as I just Marinated meat this morning in unmeasured sauces. Nando medium is only .5 syns per tbsp and I have just coated the thighs, BBQ sauce has been done the same although higher in syns. I will not use anymore syns today because of my tea, which I am probably overestimating, but hey it's better than underestimating!

So food pics of my brekkie and my food load for during the day - quite impressive huh?! I will post a pic of dinner tonight:

image-3767437980.jpg

image-4107886281.jpg

Back