CharleyBarley's 1 millionth attempt - can she do it

Charleybarley

Gold Member
Hi all

Having danced and flirted around SW for years, but never made that lifetime commitment to it (despite being hooked on minimins, mainly whilst eating something naughty - why do I do it!?) I have decided to try try again. I came back from a Caribbean Cruise on Saturday - loved every minute of it and have a lovely tan and have also added 11lbs to my already heavy weight - 11lbs! So I decided to re-start in earnest yesterday, I was good until around 2pm and then caved and ate a load of chocolate (which is not even my vice!), I didn't stop there, I also (on my green day) added a crap load of cheese and chorizo to my pasta "seeing as I had been bad anyway" - such a bad attitude I have. So re-re started today and again got to about 2pm and discovered a lindt reindeer in the bottom of my drawer at work and ate the whole lot! I now feel as sick as a pig and have decided that this time next year, when we are going back to the Caribbean for our second cruise, that I am:
1. Going to be at least 3 stone lighter;
2. Not going to be so big that the bath towels provided gape to show my unslightly belly (they only gaped slightly at the beginning of the holiday, by the end it there was no hiding!) I resorted to 'stealing' beach towels to use for showering - "why don't they make the bath towels bigger?" no Charlotte, why is your body not smaller!
3. Not going to weigh more than my 6 foot, stocky boyfriend
4. Not going to out-do said boyfriend on every meal we eat (sometimes at the buffet table I thought he was getting smaller portions than me to prove a point, when really it is me just being a greedy grunt!)
5. Not going to struggle with the seat belt on the plane (again, going over it did up - albeit there wasn't much slack, coming home it was a battle and as soon as the seatbelt sign went off, so did the seatbelt)

So with all this in mind I am going to give it another push. I have lots of social things coming up and sometimes I am going to eat bad (I don't think I can lead a saintly life - diets make me miserable if I am on them 100%, but I think the battle I need to overcome is to be bad the once and then make up for it by being good. i.e. be good when I don't have to be bad. I am going to be honest in my food diary for myself because in the past with SW classes I haven't been honest - and then I wonder why my weight loss is slow. I am not joining a class as I don't get much out of them, in fact I think there is more support and innovative food ideas and recipes on this here website.

I am basically quite active, but I need to be activer (!) so I intend on doing more physically.

I will start tomorrow. Wish me luck (if anyone is still reading). Until tomorrow.... x

Ok, clearly I couldn't do it... at least not last week. So without going into the appalling food abuse I, well abused, last week - I start today:

B - 1 boiled egg, rhubarb muller, an apple
L - Leftover curry from last night (this is Mamma Mia's Jamaican Curry - hands down the best one I have made to date. I love cooking curries and my bf is of West Indian heritage and loves WI curries, but hates Indian cooking - this Jamaican one knocked his socks off - he loved it) I had this with leftover rice and roast veg.
S - Melon, Satsuma and another Apple and a pear
D - Chilli Con Carne and Rice with Cheese (free) and side salad with balsamic
S - Mint Muller and an orange (I can't be accused of not having my 5 a day!)

HEs: One A for Cheese and One B for the varying small amounts of EVOO I used for Roast Veg and Curry (I am a big believer of EVOO being very good for your body skin/bones etc - so I use this - I would rather use syns or HEB for this.

Syns so far: None as yet - I am going to the cinema tomorrow and will have to get some popcorn so I am building up my syns for that.

GO ME - and go all you other struggling dieters, it ain't easy!

Last edited:
Tuesday 6th - Day Two:

I know I am only one day in but merely being 100% good for one day is a massive hurdle for me.

B: Weetabix and Skimmed Milk
L: Was going to have leftover chilli with a jack potato but my work cafe ran out of jack pots (boooo!) so I am currently eating chilli and salad - I am going to be hungry. Salad Cream (1 syn)
S: 2 apples and Melon a Rhubarb Muller and an Orange
D: Cinema tonight so something quick - Pasta n Sauce (1 syn)

S: Popcorn - I worked out that a large salted bag is 40 syns - I am seriously wondering if it is worth it. I saved all 15 syns yesterday and have 13 syns today. Perhaps I should go for a small which is 20 syns. I think I will that way I will be within my synnage for yesterday and today. I may even take some mikados with me - yes, that is what I shall do. I am going to take 10 sticks, so 5 more syns (confusing? yes, very muck so).

HEs - one for A and one for B
Syns - Salad Cream (1) Popcorn (20), Pasta n Sauce (1) and Mikados (5) - Total 27 (15 syns saved from yesterday.

Last edited:
Back