Char's Diary

char

Hello Everybody :sign0144:

I joined WW and went to one meeting, but my confidence let me down, I still kept rigously to the diet - but I weighed myself. I feel better doing this.

I have been on WW for 7 weeks now and i've been doing pretty well, but the last 2 days i've been feeling pretty fed up..... and hungry :eat: I even found myself in the Burger King drive-through the other day!

So I was pondering at work today, and thought maybe WW wasn't right for me and I should try Slimming World. On return home I logged online straight away and did a Google search for SW information, my mind full in on giving up WW. Thats when I stumbled upon a few of your Diaries and they gave me such a boost of confidence and motivation and I realised WW is right for me and perhaps making a Diary would give me that extra bit of a boost.

(I ramble on, you will become accustomed to it).

I am 23 and work for the Social Services, every day I try and promote confidence in people, yet I seriously lack it myself! My weight has always played a negative part in my own confidence. From a young age I have been big, when I was 13, I weighed 13 stone, 14 I weighed in at 14 stone. 7 weeks ago at the age of 23.... You guessed it I topped the scale at 23st 3lbs. (I will never be that heavy ever again). I have never had any nasty comments about me and my weight (except from my little brother & my mother) so it never bothered me much when I was young. My mum always went on about my weight which made me rebel against healthy eating, and when I gave in and went on a bout of dieting to stop the arguing, I was well aware that I was doing it for her. At last, now, I know I am doing it for ME!

In 7 weeks I have lost 1st 9lbs so I really don't want to give up now and chuck it all away because I believe I can do it. I guess I am just going through a few hungry days hehe.

You all seem really friendly and I look forward to posting and contributing to this Forum and join in on the support! :)

(I already feel kinda motivated just writing this)

well done on your weight loss so far Char - didnt see your diary the last few days - it musta got bumped down pretty quickly with other topics being updated. how is your week going? i know exactly where you are coming from with the weight going up and up with each year of age.. i managed to curb mine at 17st when i started WW the first time.. got down to about 14st 10 and then left class and put it all back on again.. but i'm back at it again :D

if you fancy, do you want to join our 0.5stone race? theres a few of us doing it (have a look at our signatures) and its just something to keep you a little more motivated :) xxx

Back