'Chasing Butterflies' - Team 7

Hi all,
Just a quick hello, as off to watch the new(ish) terminator film. Finally finished xmas trees, and put lights up everywhere so pleased at that. But all the stuff i'm clearing out has gone up to the spare room and will have to be tackled tomorrow and a loft trip is needed...joy!

Had a panicked moment this morning, i slept till 12 ish after my night shift, when i got up i have put on 2lb! Now i stuck to my 1200 plan, but did miss a CD shake, and have a few pretzels, but they in no way added up to a ny more cals than a CD product. WTF is this all about....? Have asked the ladies on maintenance via my diary to see if they can help. It has freaked me a little, i can deal with slow losses or no loss, but a gain is just not part of my agenda, thankyou very much... So, i am trying to reign it in by doing 1000 today, or there abouts.

Hope you are all having a lovely evening, love your tree story Mel, it made me chuckle and i had to share it with my OH, who was watching me as if i'd gone potty! The tree looks gorgeous, can see why its still going strong now.

Will post results on thread tomorrow by early afternoon xx

Butterfly,

Were you by any chance wearing lead knickers when you weighed yourself? I've used that excuse at weigh-ins, "I work with Superman, so I have my lead knickers on today."

MM

lol Mel, i wish i had such an excuse...! Still 2lb up this morning, despite only having about 800cals yesterday. Wondering if it could be a glycogen gain due to the increased carbs and kick out of keto? Got till Wed for my official WI so hopefully shall start to move by then. Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday, having a lazy hour at the moment. Coffee, pc, and meal planning before i go to shops.
Had a big family moment last night, eventually got round to removing the bar on DDs cot, so she is now in her big girls bed, and got her a duvet and pillow, no more grobag...! She looked all grown up, almost a bit sad to see her move through these stages. But lovely at the same time. Well, she slept till 630am so hoping this is a good sign, that never happens.
Have fun, speak soon xx

Hi Butterfly,

Maybe DD got the Santa message about "He knows when you've been sleeping..."

Re: the two pounds. I have been reading that for every pound of glycogen you add two of water (retained), so that is probably the two pounds (that's about 1,000 calories more than you have burned that is stored as fat in the liver, plus its accompanying water). Not a lot of overeating required to gain back 2 pounds -- one quarter pounder with cheese 990 calories would do it!).

I am not even going to Google with the fries and coke!

MM

Well done Shanny!

Surely, Butterfly, the old body has got to find it's feet now that you are eating more 'normally'. Am sure that you will lose those 2lbs. Actually my CDC did tell me that she used to gain when she didn't eat all of her CD meals. Are you managing to squeeze in some exercise?

Nicki - you seem to be disappearing at a great rate of knots!

Mel - quarterpounder with cheese 490 cals + medium fries 330 cals + medium diet coke = 824 cals = aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhh! I never realised that a hamburger has less cals, fat, carbs etc than a chicken salad at McDs!

I feel very lardy, since I've failed to do any exercise in the last few days with back still being bad. I don't feel that I've lost anything yet this week, although I am now back in size 14 jeans and my work skirt fits so much better, so can't complain. Don't think that I'm going to have achieved what I wanted by the end of term, but I have been having to SS+/810 with anti-inflammatories. Oh well - at least it is a step in the right direction.

Butterfly, did you say that you do Pilates? Think that's what I need to do with my back. Do you do a DVD at home?

Anyway, time to go and decide what delights I shall have for supper...... (getting a bit bored of it to be honest, which is not good.....)

Hope you've all had a good w/e.

Hi all,
Bit late posting results, but looks like we are the only ones bothering again!
*butterfly* ........................5/143 = 3.50%
Nicki-M .................15.75/234.75 = 6.71%
MinnieMel ........................?/149.6 = ?
Shanny......................................5/151 = 3.31%
Wadpol..................................3/176 = 1.70%
Team results...................23.75/553.75 = 4.09%

Shanny, wasn't too sure about your start weight, is 10st 11lb right. If not, sorry, couldn't find it in your posts.
Anyway, still done very well team! That is an amazing combined loss, at 4.29%, our largest yet i think. In no small part due to NIcki's phenomenal week, well done on being the biggest loser!
Just a quick one. Back later if can, just cooking xx

morning guys yes starting weight was 10.11 hun weight loss from everyone is really good. monday morning again two weeks then i break up cant wait.

have a good day ladies.

Congrats Shanny -- Great loss!

Hi Wadpol -- After I found that one high calorie report for the Quarter Pounder with cheese... I found the official MCD's website totals (which, of course, were much lower).

Butterfly -- I posted a one pound loss (I was surprised), but I guess you did not see it.

I hope everyone has a great day --

I have not been great this past weeken (I know they say it can't make you ill, but I had two flu shots on Thursday and have had symptoms all weekend).

MM

MM

Last edited:
Good evening all im back on CD from sunday reason being it's TOTM and i always gain weight so didnt want to pay for cd when i will be gaining.
Im living on cuppa soups and coffee's today to much of a belly ache to eat naughty foods really so hope to be the same weight ready to restart on sunday back on ss+ hoping for another 5 lbs off.

Anyway how has everyones day been? x

Evening Ladies!

Have you all had a good day?

Well I have just eaten masses! Decided that I can't keep avoiding all of my friends so just had dinner with one - salmon fishcakes (not easy to avoid the spud!) and poached pear (soooo nice to eat fruit). I feel so incredibly, uncomfortably full. Unfortunately I refuse to be a bore and give them a list of what I can and can't eat, so have to take my chances... There goes any loss at WI this week. Oh well, clothes are getting looser....

Worst thing is that I have a date on Wed, party on 16th, another date on Fri 18th and another on Mon 21st, so it's all going to rats! As for thinking that Jan would be quiet, every Thu is already booked with a different boy!!! Aren't I a slut?! Well, got to do some window shopping before I buy.....! Not sure when I'm going to CD properly.....?!

Mel - Are you feeling any better? Poor you!

Hi all,
Sorry Mel, spent ages trawling through, but there was so much to read i must have missed it, congratulations anyway hun. It all counts to take you that step closer! Hope you are feeling better soon.
Irene pm'd me last night, she was asking if we minded if she stopped the challenge thread for the time being, we were the only team in it again, so she is giving it a rest and going to try to reboot it after the new year. Seems reasonable to me. We can still monitor each other though if you want, just to keep a record.
Good luck on your restart Shanny, i'm the same, and wondering if that was in part to blame for my gain, as i think i'm going to be on anyday now....joy..:(.
Pol, you have to live, and if you are comfortable with the fact that losses will be slower, then carry on. I am loving 1200 most of the time. OH is doing his version, same food, but with tesco meal replacement, and has lost 5lb in 4 days. Bless him, hes so chuffed, i'm really happy for him. Did ok today, all meals have been on plan, but i have dipped into the jar of raspberry jam we made a few times. It is to die for...but i know i shouldn't....bad girl.:rolleyes:
Speak soon, may not be around tomorrow as in work and got loads to do in evening too. xx

Worst thing is that I have a date on Wed, party on 16th, another date on Fri 18th and another on Mon 21st, so it's all going to rats! As for thinking that Jan would be quiet, every Thu is already booked with a different boy!!! Aren't I a slut?! Well, got to do some window shopping before I buy.....! Not sure when I'm going to CD properly.....?!

Haha, you live only once!!! Talking about worst thing, it's fantastic you are going to have so much fun next two months - priceless. And as to the weight loss - there is nothing better than actualy dating lol You'll be losing your weight without even thinking about it. I am missing this feeling of having butterflies in my stomach... Once I clear my messy life I'd be on dating scene in no time. Have fun sweetie x

Haha, you live only once!!! Talking about worst thing, it's fantastic you are going to have so much fun next two months - priceless. And as to the weight loss - there is nothing better than actualy dating lol You'll be losing your weight without even thinking about it. I am missing this feeling of having butterflies in my stomach... Once I clear my messy life I'd be on dating scene in no time. Have fun sweetie x

You're so right MiniMimi, but lots of smart dinners in Town with nice wine is not good for the hips, thighs and bottom! Sounds like you need to hurry up and sort out your messy life so that you can get those butterflies stirring again...!

Evening Ladies!

100% day today after the excesses of last night. Early night as well I think - stomach was churning all night - horrid! Serves me right I suppose, but it was a girlfriend's last meal before flying out to somewhere not very nice for 6 months - made her happy and that's the main thing. To think, by the time she gets back in Jun hopefully I'll have got rid of the bottom!

Only prob with 100%-ing is that I haven't taken painkillers, so in a very bad way today - only managed half the day in the office - oops. Then again it means that I'm in work tomorrow and not taking the day off to do my Christmas shopping - boo! Having said that, am not really up for running around London in the crowds with shopping bags. Hopefully back will have settled from yesterday's physio beating by Thu so I can go then.

Mel - how are you feeling today?

Butterfly - seems totally reasonable for the challenge to pause for now. I'd like to think that we'll continue to chivvy each other along, challenge or no challenge. Has your OH got much to lose? Mmmmmm.......raspberry jam........!!

Time to get the jim-jams on and see what cr*p there is to watch on the box....

Last edited:
Just popping to say hello and wishing a very happy Wednesday xxx

Hi Wadpol, et al --

Well... I quit my job yesterday. I had been looking for another job, but was being very particular about what I was willing to do, hours worked, term time only, etc., because the job that I have been doing for the past two years (part-time, term time only) was wearing on me. I kept trying different things to make it work (or just complained about it all the time -- or so it seemed) and I finally interviewed for another job at a different school and realised that it would be quite possibly the same sh*t just a different school. I want to work, but being "underemployed" is very distressing -- and as Claire can vouch having a special needs child means that anything else (except that child) has to come after her or him.

I think, however, that I am very fortunate -- the money will be missed (especially since my son is college in the States now) and I am sure after a short period of time I will miss the routine, feeling useful, the adult contact -- but, I do not have to work, my husband's job supports the family and has for many years. And, I just did not feel I could continue in the same position without the appropraite support of other members of staff.

So, that's were I've been... in my head feeling stressed about this decision and dreading any fallout over making it: because I have chosen not to go gracefully, but I have let the senior management know exactly what I think about what is going on in the school and with the individuals who are supposed to managing the discipline, etc. and I have no doubt that it will be "shoot the messenger" -- however, if no one stands up and tells the truth, then there is no hope that it will ever change... and it is the students who are suffering. Those who want to learn can't, good members of staff just leave as soon as they are able, and other children learn bad behaviours and those who already have these behaviours do not get taught how function in society. I could not just make up some excuse and quit -- although, because i would not have been able to live with guilt of "abandoning the ship without calling for a rescue ship first."

So, today will be a better day. :) And the sun is out (for now) and soon my son (who passed his license test on the first attempt!) will be home in a just 12 days.

MM

Mel

Good on you girl! I understand how you feel about speaking up - that's why I have no promotion prospects within my current career. It's all about sticking your neck out and doing/saying what you believe is right. I'm sure something will come up - have you thought about voluntary work?

I've got the day off work today, so am about to whizz up to London and do my Christmas shopping (well as much as my back will allow).

Have a good day.

'Speak' later x

Hey Pol,

Thanks so much for your support.

I have over the past 15 years been the queen of volunteers: PTA, Wives' groups, and super involved with the Boy Socuts of America, Girl Scout Leader, etc. there were times when I was working 60 hours a week as a volunteer (I tend to be an all of nothing person). BUT, a few years back I got really fed up with the way people treat volunteers. Then, someone told me... it's a case of "if you do not seem to value your time and skills, i.e. you work for free, then unfortunately other people (who just do not get the intrinsic value of volunteering) do not respect you.

That was when I extracted myself from a lot of my volunteer commitments (I still volunteeer -- I will leaving work today driving straight to my daughter's school to help with an afterschool craft club) -- just worked on my home and family and when there was job in the paper that seemed tailor made for me I applied. I got it.

But, as I am first person to ever do this job -- it has been along hard upstream swim... and I feel that it is quite possible that I "supposed" to fail (or quit long ago) because then the school could use that as an opportunity to try to fire the disabled teacher with whom I work. I hope that my staying as long as I (and he just got GOOD from Ofstead) as help him to keep his job, and now my leaving and making a stink over the lack of support -- will make things better for the other support staff members who are dimissed when they are trying to get support in dealing with student misconduct. Win - Win, really.

And I am going to tell this teacher that I will testify on his behalf should the school attempt to fire him -- because they are not doing what they could or should to accomodate his disability. They are pretending to do so.

MM

P.S. Darn, I so wish I had to day off. I'd meet you and we could have a coffee.

Back