Slimming World or Not to Slimming World

Bolt

Like many, this is not my first time on Slimming World, in-fact, there aren't many diet types that i haven't tried and i'm a full believer in each and every one of them. They all work in their own ways but they don't work for me. something tells me, i may be the problem! I don't know what it is with my brain but the minute it thinks its restrained or having to follow a set of rules, if just wants to rebel and ergo...i never stay on plan.

Remarkably i have lost over a stone on the Cambridge diet. It took me 3 weeks to do (amazing!) but then, although still 3.5 stone from goal, my brain gets all cocky and suddenly "I can do it on my own, i don't need a diet plan to follow". And there you have it, the moment it falls apart, whether you know it at the time or not.

On 1st Jan this year (at exactly midnight!) i put down my wine glass and pick up a glass of water to cheers to the bells, that was the start of the new me! that day i started Cambridge plan and wasn't going to look back until the day i saw 9 stone on my scales. clearly, i'm not there yet and clearly i didn't stick to Cambridge! if i had of stuck i would only be about 0.5 - 1 stone off the goal!
Hey ho - no point crying over spilled milk! i am where i am, and that is still a good deal lighter than the start of the year so although i haven't been 100% committed to myself, i am still going in the right direction. It just feels like i'm walking there as opposed to driving my super charged Audi R8 to get there! (I don't actually own an Audi R8) :)

As of today (12th April), i am going to follow the "guidance" of slimming world, i have 16 days until i put myself in the car and drive to the airport in pure excitement for my holiday in Mexico. My pledge to myself is to be another 4lbs lighter by that day, 2 weeks (& 2 days) - is plenty enough time to achieve this goal.

That is all for now.......... :)

Hi and welcome

I'm a massive advocate of slimming world. I just love it. Okay, so you wont lose at the same fast rate as you did on Cambridge but I actively enjoy slimming world and how well and full of energy I feel when I am on plan.

I have been doing it on and off for 9 months and I'm nearly 2 and a half stone lighter and I'm totally confident that I will reach target this time :)

The group on here are very supportive and friendly so you will be fine

Hey!
Well done on your weight loss! That makes me feel good, I have circa 2.5st to lose and want to do it by Xmas so given your achievement that seems a reasonable target and timeframe for me.
I just need to work out why I always think it "ok" to come off plan, whatever it may be. I'm a stickler for rules at work but with dieting, it's my nemesis!!
My first approach is to break the targets down so 4lbs before hols, then think about the next step!
?

Maybe you need to stop thinking about it so much.

I get on best when I just think of it as something else that needs doing.

I don't need to think about doing the washing up or the ironing - if it needs doing I just do it, without having to think of it and worry about what my brain is doing.

with slimming world i've learnt its not a diet as such but a new way of eating and cooking for life, i fell off a couple of weeks ago and it made me so ill after 3 days going back to processed food that i had no choice but to get myself back on it anyway, so i know personally i need to stick to it as theres no way i want that feeling again xx

Welcome and good luck! With all the help and support on here, you'll definitely be able to manage it and sustain it too. :)

Kathy

So nearly a month from my first post! I signed onto SW online in the hope to lose a few extra lbs before my holiday but in all honesty I didn't even try and now in Mexico I'm paying the price. Majority of my clothes are tight because I didn't lose quite enough weight to comfortably fit into them and so I'm very limited to what I can wear.
It is of course, my own fault, I was perfectly aware of what I needed to do but didn't put the effort in.
I have 4 days left of my holiday and I'm going to continue to enjoy it, but given I love the salads out here, it's also fairly easy to eat well and love it!! It's the cocktails that do the damage but as I only drink them on hols im not going to worry to much about that!
Weighing in this morning at 12.7 -if I can keep steady until I get home, I'll be chuffed :)
Ola from Mexico ?

Ola, Bolt. :) Have a lovely holiday! How nice for you, especially as it's gloomy and wet here! I think you're right. It's not worth spoiling your holiday for. Just enjoy it and have fun. You can always start afresh when you get home.

Enjoy - especially the cocktails! :D

Kathy x

Back