'Chasing Butterflies' - Team 7

Hi guys,
Good luck Nicki and guru for your WI's tomorrow. Had WI today and was not good.... only 1lb..boo hoo.. Own fault, nibbled at peanuts and not had enough water, seem to struggle more to be 100% with diet and water when I'm busy. Determined not to let it bother though and still going to try hardest this week. Which could prove a liitle difficult. Its DD's 3rd bday on Sat and having a family get together and day out at a local fun day (to meet Peppa Pig - oh the joys of pretending to love talking to a poor buggar stuck in a huge soft suit. Making a Peppa bday cake and loads of food this weekend for it, loads of temptation but i shall resist!!
On the topic of bars, my cdc told me i could only have the cranberry or peanut on ss as the others have higher carbs. I only have the cranberry one, which i love, cut it up into little cubes and only have half a bar at a time to savour the whole eating thing. Sad eh! I find the peanut one to have a wierd aftertaste which i'm not keen on.
Off to bed now, another busy day tomorrow. Take care all xx

I only eat the peanut bar for the same reason butterfly. It reminds me of Reeces peanut butter cups!

I lost 4lbs this week

263 - 4 = 1.52%

I am officially no longer morbidly obese as my BMI is now under 40!

Well done Guru on your 4lb loss...my WI is at midday today...will be back later with the results.

I wanted to wear a nice pair of cropped jean capri's today that have been in the wardrobe for a few years..they fit me if I hoist them in with a belt....but have weighed myself with them off and then on and it makes a difference of 2 lb so I have decided not to wear them. They look nice as well which is a shame. I can't believe they can weigh as much as 2lb. Maybe I should wear them and strip when I get to my CDC and get her to weigh me without them on....I think she would have a fit with her legs up!!!!

Hahah Nicki! That's why I don't ever wear jeans to a WI!

Good luck :)

Im back :)

Hello Ladies I am back from my brief spell of silence lol! Thank You Butterfly for your message :flowers:

I have had a bit of a stressful week. I have had a lot on my mind. I have been lurking and catching up with your posts. I was refered for bowel cancer screening last week as I had had some bleeding and they found a lump! But I went for my appointment and they dont think I have anything nasty so I have to have a further test to rule anything else out. As you can imagine I have been soooooo worried but feel loads better now. So I had a bit of a crap week managed all my packs but not all my water! So I only lost 2lbs this week :cry:. But I am back on form this week and fighting fit lol!!!!

Hope we are all enjoying the sunshine x

Sarah I'm glad to hear it's not too serious and hope it is easy to treat.

2lbs is not bad!

Hi all,
Sarah, sorry to hear you have not been too well..I hope you are feeling less stressed now that you know that there is not too much to worry about. Hope you get better soon...and a 2 lb loss is great considering the stress you must be under.

Anyway I had my WI this morning and lost 4 & 1/4 lb :happy036::bliss:...woo...hooo!!!
I am not having a WI next week as my CDC is going to be on holiday..so I will be weighed the following week instead and am aiming for the 4 stone mark by then as that will be week 12 and I want to have lost at least 4 stone in 3 months. Soooo glad I didn't wear the jeans for the WI now...as would have been greatly disappointed.

That's brill Nicki! Well done!

Hi girls,

Sorry not been around for a few days, the anticipated chaos due to party planning did take forever. Had 2-3 days of cooking/ cleaning/ shopping! It was bloody exhausting but so much fun! Went to the local park with 23 ofthe family for a fun day, then back at my folks (where i am still living) for more fun and play. It was a fab day, but i did fall off the wagon....ooops! Made a huge shaped and iced Peppa pig character cake which took the best part of a day, it was lovely and i was so proud when DD loved it! BUT i did consume quite a bit of cake mix in the process. Then made huge batches of curry, lasagne and chilli and stuff to go wth it all and as well as tasting a fair bit in the process i did have a bit of DD's leftovers! Had only 1 shake in 2 days and hardly any water. I'm not too bothered as it only happens once a year, we had a fab time and life's a bit too short to get hung up about these things. So I'm just back on 100% today, drowning in water and hoping for some damage limitation before WI. The only thing that bothers me a bit is what my cdc will think, i know you shouldn't worry about it but after having a few dodgy weeks with vows to do really well you feel like a bit of a fraud! Is it possible to lose 4+ pounds in 3 days??

So sorry to hear about your health scare Sarah, so glad it didn't turn out to be cancer. Hope they figure out whats going on and get you treatment soon. After going through the breast cancer with my mom I know just how frightening it is to go through all the tests, waiting for results and the whole uncertainty of not knowing whats wrong. It overtakes everything else in life for a while,- I certainly wouldn't even be able to think about diets. Hope you are coping ok, here for you if you need anything.

I've had the jeans debate too, and they do weigh up to 2lb which is annoying as i am running out of lightweight trousers to wear! Might take the plunge one week and put some on, then i can just wear jeans every week!

Well done on the losse everyone, all still doing really well. Just posted challenge results..

Angelchaser 4/187 - 2.14%
*butterfly* 1/184 - 0.54%
devilishandsweet no WI - 326
Guru 4/263 - 1.52%
Nicki-M 4/275 - 1.45%
Sarah 2/213 - 0.94%
Team loss 19/1122 - 1.69%
Well done Lori - go girl!!!
Off to play in the sunshine, take care all xx

WAHAAAY!!!! GO TEAM! Cannot believe we won again! That is fantastic, awww, i am just chuffed for everyone. Roll on another good week.
:talk017::talk017:

Pleased to report that my first 100% day has gone well. Drinking heaps and feeling grand! Even went out for family meal tonight, they all ate gorgeous 3 course meal, which looked fab. I had 3pts iced water and a cranberry bar, felt right smug with myself. Roll on day 2.

Hope all had nice weekend, I'm making most of it now birthday chaos is over and except for heaps of cleaning at folks to do, intend to enjoy rest of hols before go back to work on Thur night.....I would so love to be able to never have to return, but the lottery does not smile on me so must continue....boo hoo...!

Take care all xx

hi guys sorry i have not been on here for a week........i've been ill......got gall stones :-( never been in so much pain in my life! Hope all is ok.........

Awww Claire you poor thing. I totally sympathise, short of childbirth i know of very few things as painful. I had gallstones for about 1.5 yrs. Hard to predict whenever it would flare up, had to eat regularly and healthy, major carbs like pizza would kill me. No painkillers helped. Surgery to remove gallbladder was a very welcome relief. I had a friend who had it, and she ended up taking herself to A+E several times, and in the end they took her in and did removal as emergency instead of a yr wait on the waiting list! Hope you manage to control your symptoms. It does make me wonder whether the cd may contribute? What has gp said? Thinking of you and hope you feel better soon hun.
Having good crack at 100% now and even if i don't have any loss this week I'm still pleased that I'm now back on track. Can tell I'm way into ketosis because I'm bloody freezing again! Sat here with loads of layers of clothes just to feel human!
Of to OH's folks this afternoon to do DD's birthday thing with them which should be nice and relaxing. Apparently OH tells me his mum worries about me not eating, wish people would talk to me about it instead of behind my back...I would be happy to explain!
Take care all, hugs especially to Claire and Sarah xx

Oh my life I can't believe we won again!

I am afraid I have let the side down. I held a bbq on Saturday and pigged out. If I lose anything this week I will be very very surprised.

Mmmmmm...... Guru, BBQ is the one smell/food that i find hard to resist. Summer has killed me, almost glad its rained so much. Hence my dear family have not had BBQ food! I just know i would hate to say no and could easily cave into temptation. If you had mostly meat you should be ok and still in ketosis, just like doing Atkins I guess. The other thing i love is my white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake, i made it for the weekend and it killed me not to eat a wedge! Its so easy to make but by far one of the most impressive looking desserts. Oh dear, i'm having a foodie moment....Luckily i have willpower at the moment (and nothing nice in the house!)
WI tomorrow morning, fingers crossed I'm not going to be mortally embarrassed by a crap loss. Then going off out for the day somewhere. Hope you are all doing well, and feeling ok. Be back soon xx

Hi all, sorry i'm so quiet, lots going on at the moment.

Sarah & Claire, I hope u guys are doing ok and feel better soon.

My result this week is STS - figure its totm and just not enough water.

Hope everyones going ok.

Lori x

Hi all!
Can't you tell I'm back at home and back to normal - my usual waffle continues.....
Hope you ok Lori, keep your chin up hun. Don't worry about sts, we've all had bad patches when the diet takes second place to anything else. Don't give up completely though, you can do this and will feel so much better in yourself to become the person you want to be. Take care of yourself, here if you need to vent anytime.
Hope everyone else doing ok? Hugs to all who having hard time...:grouphugg:

On a positive note, I amazingly lost 5lb this week!:happy036:So pleased, especially considering i was 1lb up on Saturday night after my week of cooking and nibbling! Thats fuelled me to be 100% this week, need 5lb to get to the 3stone mark. May print off some fat piccys and stick the round the kitchen to help keep my motivation up!
OH now trying to stop smoking, today is day 1, I'm so pleased, he seems so determined. I'll have to remember this when he gets all cranky....!
Take care all xx

Butterfly...you go girl....well done on your 5 lb loss!

I haven't been on for a few days as had problems with my Internet connection. I hope all you ladies are doing well and all heading for big losses. Sorry to hear that you haven't been well Claire. I hope you feel better soon.
Guru..don't be too hard on yourself just make sure you climb back on that wagon and get yourself back on that 100% track.
I won't be contributing to the team weight loss this week as my CDC is on her holidays and I won't have my WI until next Thursday....Just hope it is massive next week!
Speak to you all soon.

Hi girls,
Hope you all ok? Still being 100% and freezing to death! Its the one side effect i cannot stand.....grrrrr! Fingers crossed then Nicki for your 2 week loss- should be great, you still being 'good' then? I've got WI next wed then i will have a 2week gap, off on hols for a week. Still going to do ss on hols, (self catering in this country) so should be easy enough to stick to. I did think of having a week gap but don't want any gains and not sure i could make the best choices in the world when away from home yet! Has anyone else planned a break in the diet for an event? Hope you feeling ok Sarah and Claire.
Back in work tonight after 2.5 weeks, do not wish to return at all. Funny, i can go months without a holiday and not be bothered but as soon as i get away from it i just hate the thought of returning. Wish i could change the area/ward i work on but its just too convenient at the moment for childcare.
Speak soon xx

2lbs lost for me this week, which considering my blow out at the weekend is not bad!

Back on track now.

259 - 2lbs... someone do the maths :D

Back