'Chasing Butterflies' - Team 7

Hey all,

Nicky that must of been hard icing that cake and not licking your fingers! Well done for not giving in! Well done for your loss this week that is fab! x

Butterfly hope ur hols is going ok......don't worry about not being able to get on here....enjoy yourself...we all have a life! lol

Well done Sarah for your weight loss too! You are all doing great! x

Weigh in again for me today and another 4lbs this week! Feeling fab I will post dome new pics of me tomorrow as Im at me mums lol! Speak to you all soon xxxxxxx

Hello and welcome Mrs Essex.

I lost 2lbs this week. Which is not bad considering the amount I have picked and picked. I am so struggling to get out of the 18st into the 17s and I feel like I am letting you all down! Would you prefer me to leave so you can get someone who sticks at it a bit better? I will not be offended!

Guru, you can't leave us....you are just having a bad spell thats all.....you just need to refocus and remember why you are on this journey...just think of the end result and don't think only 2 lb...that is a loss regardless, you have lost over 3 stone in less than 8 weeks....that is astounding. We are all here to support each other through our good times and bad times...through thick and thin!! Just don't be so defeatest and don't you dare give up!!! We won't let you!
I seem to have been stuck in the 18's as well...I am still 2 lbs away from my 4 stone mark....which I thought I would have achieved last week...but no...just got all my fingers crossed for tomorrows WI...just hope I have bypassed the 4 stone mark by at least a couple of pound...we'll see..I will post my results tomorrow.
The trouble with us is that we want to lose the excess weight overnight..and it just ain't gonna happen..after all it did take years to pile it on and so it won't just go away overnight and it will take time, energy and lots of willpower to get it off! Stick with us Guru lets just support each other and we will be there in no time.
Sending you hugs and thoughts of support.

Ooops sorry mrsessex, I didn't see you there...welcome to our team.
Sarah, well done 4 lb is fabulous.
DAS hope you are feeling better and don't be so hard on yourself...if you are not well it is not good to put your body under any unduly stress...take it easy and concentrate on getting 100% well before getting back on the SS.
Speak to you all after my WI tomorrow....Wish me luck!

Hi all my fellow butterfly chasers,

I just cannot believe it....I went for my WI this morning and I have lost another 5 1/2 lb...wooohooo!!!!:bliss::bliss:that is 12 lb in 3 weeks....I am as pleased as punch!!

I'm off now to finish making a Banoffee Pie as a surprise for my nearest and dearest...I can make them all the time now no problem as I hate bananas and am not tempted at all. I have made a corned beef hash for tea already today and made a loaf of homemade oven baked granary bread...it all smells fantastic.....I don't know what it is, but, I am really enjoying cooking at the moment and love pleasing everybody with my culinery skills...anyway enough rambling...and back to the banoffee pie.
See you all soon.

Oh also forgot to add....I am no longer morbidly obese and am now just obese!!!!

Nicki that's FANTASTIC! Well done you!!

Hi all,
Well, we're back unfortunately from a great holiday. Don't you just hate unpacking... Stayed at a great place, Watermouth Castle nr.Ilfracombe, got a mini theme park/museum on site and is great for anyone with small children, best for under 9's really.
Diet went down the pan, still had my shakes most days but picked everyday,not too bad with choices, just did not like abstaining completely on holiday, it really annoyed me. Now i know that i would probably plan to do a higher plan for a week if i was in the same position again, and be more prepared. I really felt like i was missing out by not eating. As unpacking and cleaning fridge last night was very naughty, ate chocolate, sweets, crisps and later a piece of cheese on toast! It was the old, "i've screwed it up so may as well have a few really nice treats" before being strict again. Actually realise that was bloody stupid and still feel sickly and have indigestion this morning so that'll teach me...!
My scales aren't being too mean, possibly 2lb lost over the past 2 weeks, will avoid scale hopping now and just be very good, see what wednesday brings.
Hi mrsessex, sorry for the misunderstanding and welcome! Good to have you on board. If you want to be included in the team challenge I post results on Sun morning most weeks, ask that everyone can get their losses for the week and current weight on here by Fri/Sat if poss as work every other weekend and it gives me time to do the maths! I'd love to have a job that i enjoyed like you do, I'm a psychiatric nurse and whilst i still love what i do, the chance to do it as i want to is very much minimised in the nhs, (politics/money/staff shortage and all that..) My ideal job would have been to be a funeral director and have my own business, but just took the wrong path, too late to change now, unless a lottery win comes along. I can but dream......
Well done on the losses this week girls, everyone has done so well. Guru, don't be so hard on yourself or think for a minute that you should leave the team. This is what its all about, we all have ups and downs, struggle with food, thats why we are here in the first place. No one is going to judge you, you do enough of that yourself. You are still losing, you wouldn't achieve 2lb on any other diet if you had 'cheated'. It so hard to stop that 'picking' once its begun, i have found that harder than starting the diet in the first place, but it can be done. Throw any temptation out of the house! (I won't buy goodies for family!) Tomorrow is a new day, keep trying to get 100%, you will feel so good when you get the losses you want, it'll keep you going again. If its too hard, maybe consider moving up plans for a while? At least it will be 'planned' eating, and therefore healthier.
Results for the week:

*butterfly* no WI -172
devilishandsweet no WI -326

Guru 2/254 - 0.79%
Nicki-M 5.5/264.5 - 2.08%
mrsessex no WI - 191
Sarah 4/206 - 1.94%
Team loss 11.5/724.5 - 1.59%

Go Nicki!!
Speak soon xx

Just having a 'pleased with myself' moment. After being so rubbish have got to end of a 100% day and downed 5+litres of water. Have used mini's a lot to keep me focused, and thus not done quite as much post holiday tidying as i should....oops..
Hope you're all ok and doing well xx

Hi all,
Hope all ok, just popping on while having an ususally quiet spell at work, which in itself is a bloody miracle. Normally would find a load of work to do, but my head is still on holiday!
Still being good, i'm glad to report, 100% ss but a bit crap with the water so far so about to start remedying that now.
Speak soon... xx

Well done on staying 100% butterfly! I just cannot seem to get back into doing it 100% and have picked at ham and chicken for the last two days. 100% day today, I am determined.

2lbs off for me again this week. I am disappointed.

Hi girls,

Guru, keep your chin up hun, not going to repeat myself again, but you know you can do this. Theres still not many other diets you can get the losses you have on such a short space of time...

I had good week from Sunday, scales didn't change too much though cause i was useless with water, running around visiting and stuff always screws it up. So got a 4lb loss at WI. Spoke to my cdc and given how much i ate and nibbled on holiday, (every day) have agreed to treat that as my '810/eating' week and i can get back to ss'ing now. Feel i need to really try to get serious with myself again and shift these pounds. I've only got 2 stone to get to 10stone, (my goal) but can quite easily imagine getting complacent as I get happier with myself, and I don't want to be dieting forever, want to learn how to eat again, just differently.
I did my usual, WI night nibbling, (choc/nuts/DD's roast chicken dinner!) I am but a bloody fool, and have no idea why i do this. When i did sw in the past i was the same. So thats it, being strict with myself now.

Have eventually found a black coffee that i like, so quite pleased. I like fresh brewed coffee but do get affected by the caffeine so can only make so much of this. Nescafe do a new 'green blend' one and its lovely, not too bitter.

Having eventually got porridge down DD I'm off to a local 'mother and toddler' group. Haven't been since i've lost weight, so will be interesting to see if anyone passes comment... I hate these things, some of the women are just so 'clicky' but needs must. I'll report back later.

Hope everyone else doing well, take care xx

Good afternoon all my fellow butterfly chasers,

I have just had my WI and have lost 2 1/2 lb. :bliss::bliss:this is great considering I have been weighing myself all week on my own scales and didn't think I had lost anything this week as mine hadn't seemed to have moved since last week. I have also been really constipated for the last week or so and have felt soooo uncomfortable that I haven't been managing to eat my quota of packs and have only been averaging about 2 1/2 litres a day...where usually I drink about 4 or 5. Has anyone else had the constipation problem? Any advice would be much appreciated!!!!

Well I hope all you girls are being good...I know butterfly..that you are being an angel this week...well done!

I have introduced a turkey slice to my soup in the evening and have been nibbling celery to see if I can get anything moving (sorry if it is TMI). I might just have to buy some Brussell sprouts today to see if they help....I am a bit worried about eating even a miniscule amount by my CDC seems to think it might help..so..so be it....I am willing to try almost anything as long as it won't affect my weight loss!

Anyway enough rambling from me...I will be back on later to catch up with you all.

Hi all,

Stuck at work again. On break at last...getting away from the 'cleaning schedule'- latest nhs saving device is to make us all clean with very spare minute to stop them having to fork out for cleaners!

Having good day again today, behaving and feeling virtuous for a change. The toddler group was funny yesterday, in a good way. I noticed a few women doing a double take when i went in and talking, you know when you just can tell your being talked about. Anyway, the first person to actually say anything was a bloke! Not that we have ever spoke much either before so was well chuffed. Then a few of the women did pass comment. So it was really quite good, made me feel very pleased with self. Same happening at work now all the time with people i don't work with so much. Really helps give me a boost to keep going, and actually stop and recognise the achievement so far. My OH has been lovely too, and keeps commenting on how good I look. Personally, i still have a way to go, but it feels lovely to recieve such comments. I know it shouldn't matter what others think but it does feel great!

Hope everyone is doing well. Nicki, well done, you must be chuffed. Thats a great loss! As for the toilet problem, I've been lucky, don't get bunged as such but do have difficulty and its not very frequent. I have found that peanut bars have made a huge difference, have 3-4 per week and it stops it building up. There have been several threads recently about the same topic.

Got to go, speak soon. xx

Hi girls,
Feeling fab today, really motivated and happy for some reason. So much so, I am even considering going for a different job at the hospital.... lots to think about first but need to get out of my work 'rut'.
Hope you are all doing fab, any result yet Nicki? Hope u feeling better.
Hows 100% going Guru? Have the temptation demons stayed away.
Just wondering how every ones getting on with people around you, have people started commenting yet? It seemed to take forever, but now everyone i see seems to pass some comment, it gives me such a boost to keep going!
Take care all, speak later, having girly night in house as OH has got a 'leave pass' for a lads night out. Comfy pj's, duvet, dvd, chocmint shake and chopped up bar here i come. (Going to save my packs so i can binge safely!) xx

Back