'Chasing Butterflies' - Team 7

Good morning ladies! Just for the record, i am not a happy bunny this morning. (non cd related) My OH had his night out and then proceeded to come home and talk at me for bloody ages even though i was half asleep. So then i was wide awake and then couldn't settle again, he was snoring.....So after 2.5 hrs sleep my DD wakes me up for the day...grrrrr! At least I'm in work tonight so get to go back to bed this afternoon for a few hrs. I can't wait!

Sat here with a strong coffee and just going to do the maths for our challenge, although I'm not sure if we have enough results this week.... Back later xx

Back again, beginning to feel human...
Results:
*butterfly* 4/172 - 2.33%
devilishandsweet no WI -326
Guru 2/252 - 0.79%

Nicki-M 2.5/259 -0.97%
mrsessex no WI - 191
Sarah no WI - 202
Team loss 8.5/683 - 1.24%

Been a bit quiet here this week, hope you are all ok?

Hi Butterfly,

Thanks for your message. I'm ok thanks......sorry haven't been around much...still having trouble with my Gal bladder etc, so haven't been as good as I should have been.

Therefore being in pain and not losing weight is making me miserable!

I have 7 weeks until holiday and I want to at least get another 2 stone off before I go and the way I'm feeling I just don't know if I'm going to be able to do it!?

I'm so annoyed at myself....I done so well at the start a now I just have no motivation at all!

Sorry for the crap post but I thought everyone deserved an explanation as to know why I haven't been around!

Sometimes coming on here and seeing how well you are all doing makes me feel like I'm a let down to myself :-(

But hopefully this CAN'T DO head will change and a CAN DO will replace it!
xx

Aww hun, big hugs Claire that you still feel rough. Its understandable that you fall of the wagon when ill, so don't be so hard on yourself.

However..... as long as the cd doesn't make your pain worse, its time to get back to it hun. It may sound harsh, (i need to kick myself up the bum most of the time too) but its bad enough feeling ill and miserable without starting to feel rubbish about not following cd. You can do it, you've already come such a long way. Its the hardest thing to get your head back to that space once its strayed, but it needs to be done.

I still get freaked that I'll just screw this up. The last thing any of us want is to be back in the situation where we go back to comfort eating cos we feel crap about our weight and before you know it, theres another stone on.. and the cycle continues. Go back to some of your posts when you felt so good, come on here and waffle like i do, but don't give up trying.

Oh, and 2 stone in 7 weeks is sooo possible. Just think how fab you will feel on hols if you could do that, and how miserable you will feel if you don't try......?

Go Claire! xx

Hi all,
I am so sorry Claire that you are still suffering with the gall bladder problem. I hope you feel better soon...just try and get your head back in the zone....as one of the larger ladies on this site that weighed 22 st 10 lb at the beginning of my journey..I feel I can offer you some positive advice. At my heaviest I felt sluggish, tired and overall awful, having now lost almost 4 1/2 stone and now weighing 18 stone 4 1/2 lb...I feel fantastic...all my little aches and pains have almost disappeared, I can move around a whole lot easier, I walk totally differently, I can feel bones in my body that I did not know I had, I feel fitter and healthier, I have more energy and my house is spotless for a change as I am constantly cleaning it with my new found energy. The list really does go on of positive points for this diet...for me as I lose more weight this can only improve and I hope I will notice more changes on the way...if this is not an incentive to lose more then I don't really know what is...believe me as you lose more weight the better you start to feel in yourself both mentally and physically. I just can't praise this diet enough. I do not feel deprived as I know this is not going to be forever and eventually I will be able to eat within reason all the things I have missed whilst doing this diet. Claire...you know you can do this diet..just get your head round it and jump back on the wagon...only you can make you do this! I will support you all the way and I know all the other girls here will too!
I am sorry Claire if I sound a bit harsh...but I just know how miserable being extremely overweight can make you feel and you have the opportunity to change your life in a matter of weeks with this diet...it really is a life change diet...CD has really changed my life and continues to do so...the more weight I lose the more motivated I get to lose more which helps me to stay on track. It really is a snowball effect.
I hope I have helped give you a boost Claire and am sorry also if I have upset you in anyway with my positive mental attitude. Speak soon.

Thanks for your support guys :) It's much appreciated!

I am back on CD today and feeling better already.....!

Don't worry I won't take offence on what you say......I need that kick up the butt lol

It honestly means so much that you guys are here to help, or course my family are supportive but they don't understand the diet at all and the emotions it puts you through!

I promise i will be around more often and not stick my head into the sand if things go wrong.......and I hope that you all know that I'm here to support you too!

Here's to 2 stone in 7 weeks! HERE I COME

Claire I'm glad you've got your enthusiasm back! This diet is HARD, I don't care what anyone says - someone said to me the other day "my friend lost weight the hard way" when I told them I was on CD. Yes because this is a piece of cake! Not!

Good to see you on form Claire. Lets face it most of us are being naughty at times, and you've had more reasons than most. The main thing is to just not let it stop you trying. Roll on major losses for that holiday then!
Guru, its wierd but despite this being a 'hardcore' diet and i have struggled at times, i still find it the easiest diet i have ever done. Its only when i tell other people about it, and profess that its 'easy', other people look at me like I've got 3 heads, and tell me theres no way they could do it. Only then do i realise how 'difficult' it could be. I just find it so simple to not have to think about food so much. I know this probably doesn't bode well for when i move up the plans but trying to plan for that in advance if possible, and starting to trial low gi foods on the family.
Hope everyone ok, and still on track. xx

I'm sort of in two minds......in ways I find it easy having not to think about food and other ways I find it hard due to not being able to taste food nor enjoy a 'normal' social life.

But all I can say is that it definatley does work and is the only diet that gets those pesky pounds quite quickly and in a safe manner! x

Otherwise hope everyone is ok today x

4lbs off for me this week :D I hope this is the start of an improvement in my losses!

Well done Guru, now you're talking! Bet that feels good hun, glad you're back on track.

I did not so good this week and only got 2lb loss! Which was so different to my scales and i thought i deserved a bit more. Mind you, i did hit 3.5 stone now which is pleasing! Still, won't grumble, I'm sure it'll improve if I'm a 100% angel this week. I may even put my neck out and state I am aiming for 5lb loss!

Stuck at work and really p'd off. I'm on duty with only one other regular staff (who is useless anyway) and two agency, so i may as well be on my own, as usual. Always allocate myself the most difficult patients anyway and still end up doing everyone elses! I've had enough and cannot wait to go home. Am hoping to move to a different ward/speciality soon if possible, fingers crossed. Sorry, rant over....do you know when you just want to scream!

Hope everyone is doing well and behaving!
Take care xx

Well Done Guru and Butterfly for your weight losses! x Woohoo.

I'm too at work this morning, but hey it's FRIDAY!

I feeling alot better now, and have stayed 100% all week, which for me at the moment is good! lol

Yesterday I got on a size 22 top, which may sound big to alot of people but I started as a 26-28, so I think that has given me a push in the right direction!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Speak soon! xxx

Hi all my fellow butterfly chasers,
Guru.....well done on your 4 lb loss and butterfly 2 lb is still 2 lb off in the right direction...well done! Devilishandsweet, I am so glad you have had a good week and seem to be back in the zone and well done on the size 22 top...I know how you feel...I started at a size 26/28 and I can now fit into a size 20....hanging off buying anything new yet though...as I don't want to have too many sizes in my new wardrobe....I am just belting up all my old jeans and trousers as they are literally hanging off me.....I have however had to invest in new undies....now wearing size 18 undies and have gone from a 44 D bra to a 38 F Don't ask...I don't understand it myself, how can your boobs go up cup sizes when you go down back sizes, believe me I haven't got much more than a handful and they are shrinking fast....a bit like spaniels ears!!! My old bras were so big that my boobs were falling out the bottom of them!

Well I had my WI this morning and have lost 4 & 3/4 lb.....I am so chuffed as I am now into the 17's......only 3 & 1/4 lb 'til i've lost a whopping 5 stone......I just can't believe it! I just hope that I lose it by next WI.....I am going to try really hard to get there as I am going to get weighed a day earlier next week as CDC going away for the weekend. My losses have definitely got a pattern to them. I tend to spend 3 weeks in a stone bracket and have a big loss one week then a smaller one the following week. That said...it means my weight loss should be between 2 - 3 lb next week and as I am getting weighed a day early....I am not holding out much hope for that 5 stone mark..but at least I will definitely be past that for the following weeks WI. I will just think positive all week and ramp up the exercise.
I cannot believe I started at 22 stone 10 & 1/2 lb 15 weeks ago and am now 17 stone 13 & 3/4 lb......its bloomin' amazing!!!!
Anyway enough rambling from me....hope all you girls are having a good week....keep up the good work, speak soon.

Hi girls,

Glad to see everyone all ok. Congratulations Claire on the dress size dropping. I find that just as thrilling as the lb's loss. To see your 'old' wardrobe discarded and a new one taking over gives such a confidence boost! It doesn't matter if its a size 30 or 10 we are celebrating, the fact is its still loads less than it was. You deserve to feel chuffed with yourself.!:happy036:

Nicki, you are just amazing, hat off to you - the fact you've stayed 100% is unbelievable and your losses are just fantastic.:angel09:That is a huge amount to lose in that time. Do you double take when you see yourself in a mirror? Fingers crossed for the 5 stone!

Sympathise with the boobs. Mine have never been big, only ever up to a 42c and that was only down to breast feeding so it was cheating. Settled at around 42b then. Although i've just bought some new bras, i didn't get measured but they seem to fit nice and they're a 36-38b, but in some styles i had to go for an A!!!!!! They really couldn't get much more saggy either, and the skin has gone all baggy too. All in all a major disaster area.....but kept hidden by a bra, and i can live with it. Luckily OH is not bothered, mind you, he knows better than to even suggest anything different!

It has to be said, (being cheeky) weight loss has definately helped both of us rekindle some passion! He pays me loads of compliments, loves the new me, (although is at pains to make sure he tells me he loved the old me- i know what he's getting at, but its funny to watch him squirm!) and i just feel sexier. Most certainly an unexpected side effect!

Being good, 100% day, although not enough water.
Oh, my other news is that i got a new job! I went to see the manager of the new ward/community initiatve that is being developed and she has agreed to take me on, i start 12th October. Yipeeee!!:bliss:Absolutely thrilled, but it is slightly scary too, as i have done acute inpatient psych for 12 yrs and this is going to be quite different, a steep learning curve i suspect but hopefully in a vary good way. Plus the fact that we get to assess people being held in our new police custody suite means i may well get to spend time looking at lovely uniformed men.....a bonus methinks!!

Just discovered that the next sale starts tomorrow 8am so thinking of being insane and dragging DD there first thing. Must be insane......

Take care xx

Morning All!

Well butterfly on your new job-how exciting! x

Nicky you've also done amazingly well, I can't wait for a 20 to fall off of me! I'm hoping it will be in the not too distant future!

Anyway not much more to add except that I've lost 10lbs this week :)

I'm sooooooooooooo glad I've lost this much as it has restored my faith in this diet and given me the boost I needed!

But I wouldn't of done it without your kind and motivational words girls! So THANK-YOU!

On the subject of Boobs........LOL mine don't seem too bad at the moment........they have definatley got smaller but no sagging as of yet....but I'm sure that to come!

WELL DONE CLAIRE!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
That is a staggering loss, 10lbs! You have done so well to get back to it, and like you say, it gives you the boost you need to regain your faith in cd and continue. Definately be hitting that holiday as a slimmer version! You must feel good!

Still 100%, hoping i can keep this up now, but need to up water as usual. Forgot to take a bar with me today and didn't drink enough so did gat a bit fuzzy headed a few times after bending down, nust be more organised. Went to shops at 830am- did bag some next bargains for me and DD so very chuffed, got stuff that is a lttle tight fit mostly so will look ok when i shrink. Managed to pay for it all with some xmas money i found in my drawer that i forgot about so that made it even better. Only got back in at 4ish though so shattered now. Got woke up at 530am after only 4hrs sleep so can't wait for bed! Have to run round a do a load of tidying though, so to pretend i've been really busy! I do feel a bit guilty when i have such good days when OH is slogging at work.

Hope all enjoying the last of the summer sunshine. Speak soon xx

Hi all,

Hope everyone feeling fine! Just starting to feel human after a couple of cups o' coffee. Up at 540am again, think this is a new habit forming which i am not impressed with. Giving myself till 9am then going to get busy.

Still being 100% and seem to have really got back into things at last, don't feel tempted anymore. Just hope the scales reflect it this week, not that i s'pose it matters much.

Anyone heard from Sarah? Its been a while and am a bit worried about her.....

Right, results for the week are:

butterfly 2/168 - 1.19%
devilishandsweet 10/326 - 3.07%
Guru 4/250 - 1.6%
Nicki-M 4.75/256.5 - 1.85%
mrsessex no WI
Sarah no WI
Team loss 20.75/1000.5 - 2.07%

Wahay! Well done Claire, although that was hardly a suprise! 3%in one week - amazing! Also its the second biggest loss we've had as a team. Take care all xx

Good morning all,

Just saying hi. Hope everyone well. Still endeavouring to be 100% but did have little blip yesterday - tiny bit of roast beef and a finger lick or two of cream cheese icicng. Not too worried though, it was just a not thinking moment as opposed to a 'need to eat!'

Feeling fine and just getting ready to go for a walk up some local hills which should be fun, i think! Its been a while since i tackled them so be fun to see if it feels any easier now.

We've lost mrsessex, she just didn't realise what the whole team thing was all about, so will keep eye on advertising thread.

In work tonight, but only four more shifts left on this ward - oh happy days!!!!
Take care xx

Hi all,
Just thought I'd pop on and say hello..as I have been working all weekend and am only just back in the land of the living!!
Great losses this week team...a big well done to us all!!

I am going to go through my wardrobe later and bag up for charity all the really ridiculously baggy clothes...and then find the bag of smaller sized clothes that I have buried in the back of the wardrobe and see what fits and what doesn't.

Hope all you girls are staying on track this week and heading for good losses....my scales don't seem to have moved at all since Friday...so I don't know whether I am gonna get that 3 lb off for my 5 Stone or not...who knows I have got until Thursday..we will just have to wait and see!!!
Speak soon,

Back