'Chasing Butterflies' - Team 7

Hi all,

Hope everyone is fine and doing well. Know how you feel Nicki, my scales sometimes seem to stick, yet it always shifts just in time (mostly). Hope you had a great time with the clothes sort out- i absolutely love doing this, and now have more clothes under the bed and in bags awaiting a new home than i do hanging in the wardrobe to wear!

On the clothes front, i had an amazing moment yesterday and fit into a size 12 jeans!!!!!:bliss:To say i was ecstatic is an understatement, i suprised the whole store didn't run to hear what i was squealing about! So i bought the jeans and a pair of combats in sz 12 too. Now, if i am being honest, they are sainsburys slouch fit jeans and loose style combats, and the combats are a little tight in the tum, so its not exactly 'wahay i'm a sz 12!!' but i am chuffed nonetheless. Its a first in my adult life to even try anything in this size. I got bought back to earth when i tried skinny type sz14 jeans in next and there was no way they were going on, despite their boyfriend style jeans fitting fine... Just goes to show how useless sizing can be. (I'll only shop in sainsburys now...!)

Another fab time had in the morning when me, OH and DD went for a walk. Went up a local hill, its a reasonable ascent of 300m and normally i would avoid like the plague and hate it, cos it nearly killed me. But i loved it, could still breathe and talk even when going up the steep bits. Had to stop for short breaks but was so chuffed. First in a long time i have ever enjoyed this type of exercise and cannot wait to go again. Really felt like a mini breakthrough for me.

Oh and not forgetting, this morning i got a 6lb loss! :scale: I'm thrilled as i am now the smallest i have ever been. Total loss of 3st 13lb, so will hopefully hit the 4stone next week. Given me the motivation to be virtuous this week. My cdc worked out that a BMI of 25 is 10st7lb for my 5'4.5" height, wheras i thought it was 10st. Wonder if they use a different scale, i didn't think it could change like this?Will have to check again.

Hope you are all feeling as great as i am....Take care xx

I am withdrawing from this team. I am really struggling on Cambridge at the moment and have had a weight gain for the first time (totally justified, I had a shocking weekend!). I am considering coming off Cambridge completely and going onto a different plan.

Hi all,
Well just been weighed (a day early) and as expected only lost 2 & 1/4 lb.....1lb short for my 5 stone mark! Never mind at least I know I will get there next week.
I am still pleased as my losses are still averaging 7 lb a fortnight, so only expected a small loss this week...next week going by my past losses I should be on track to lose at least 4 or 5 lb.

Guru, I cannot believe you are jumping off the CD wagon...you have done so well so far and for such a good reason....can't you just try and hang in there? I know it is hard and temptation is constantly there around us, but, it seems such a shame that you are giving up after coming so far. Well what ever you decise to do, I wish you all the luck in the world.

Butterfly, 6 lb is a whopper of a weight loss....well done you and I can only dream of a size 12.
I ventured to Evans yesterday and tried on the same jeans that I started my diet in (size 28). Well I squeezed myself into a 20 and got them done up...JUST! I had no intentions of buying them...I just wanted to try them for size...although they fit very snugly they were a straight leg and looked like I had sprayed them on!! I think evans Jeans are not very generous anyway and come up quite small as I have about 5 pairs some from Evans and some from simply be and the Evans ones are 28's and SB ones are 24's and 26's.....let me just add these are all hanging on me now and although I am still wearing them with a belt hauling them in they are starting to look silly. I am going to sort the rest of my wardrobe later as I know I have some smaller combats etc from when I lost 4 stone a few years ago on WW....just need to find them....already found and reintroduced to my wardrobe some old T's in a size 22 which I thought would never fit again...even these seem a little big on me. I want to try and wait til' I am about a size 18 before I get anything new as I want to avoid having clothes in a whole range of sizes loitering in the wardrobe.
I also need to get new HIVIS clothes for work as they are all hanging aswell....at the moment wearing XXXL fleece, vest, Tshirts and jacket and need to exchange for just XL, these are items I would rather not wear at all as are bright illuminous orange with reflective bands. I did actually draw the line when they said we had to wear the trousers to match...I was mortifyed as could not get trousers in my size...so was sent bib and braces to wear (like billy and johnny dungarees)...I put them on one night and my husband looked at me...laughed and said you cannot go to work dressed like that you look like you've been Tangoed...I hastily put them back inside the bag that they arrived in and there they have stayed. I did however get a pair of trousers eventually in a size 50 before I started CD which fit very snugly and have also never been worn.....I now need to put them on Ebay as they are hanging on me now too. Why can't I be a nurse or something and have a sexy uniform to wear???
Anyway enough waffling from me, speak soon,

Aww Guru, you're being a bit hard on yourself hun. So you went off plan.....we're all entitled to do that once in a while. Its up to you how you lose your weight and if you've made your mind up that cd is not for you then thats your business. But.... you have come so far, in such a short space of time, there is no other 'normal'diet where you'll get those losses, and i know you were keen to get your weight off quickly cos of your gynae reviews. Do you really want to take months/years longer to do what can be achieved inside 6months? At least consider spending a bit more time on it, while you research other plans, i'd hate to see you give in and end up regaining. As for leaving the team, thats your decision, but we'd hate to see you go. Hang aroung while you decide?

Sound like you had fun Nicki- its great to get into old stuff again. I know what you mean about buying things, it just bugs me to think i'll hardly get any wear out of stuff cos i hope to shrink out of it. I have to say, your uniform hardly sounds appealing. I think that'd put me off the job! I have some old nurses uniforms upstairs,(we wear our own clothes on pysch units) and they are not pleasant!! Well done on your loss, like you say, this just seems to be your pattern and its still pretty respectable!

Hope everyone is good. I've had my usual post weigh in naughty day, despite promising myself i wouldn't and nibbled on chicken and a bit of moussaka! It was lovely though and i don't feel bad. Will just be good from now on. Take care xx

Hi fellow losers,
Hope all well and enjoying the weekend. Been good all week until last night... Went to a wedding evening do and had great time, did nibble a bit of cheese there but stayed ok. Back to a friends, then home but at 3am decided i had to eat the piece of chocolate guiness cake, some cheese, doritos, and chocolate buttons. Definately enough to kick me out of ketosis i should think. Major ooooppppps!! Its the first major blow out, and in the scheme of things its not too bad, so not too bothered. Will just get 100% back on again. (and the chocolate guiness cake was so worth it!)
Got to rush, off to pick DD up from mom and dads, and then in work tonight.
Results this week:

butterfly 6/166 - 3.61%
devilishandsweet no WI - 316

Guru +4 - 250%
Nicki-M 2.75/251.75 - 1.09%%
Sarah no WI
Team loss 8.75/417.75 - 2.09%

Can't enter challenge though cause not enough results.

Hope everyone has lovely day xx

Ok, now confessing to a crap few days. Lost the plot, nibbled yesterday and blown it today by eating the biggest load of crap. (crisps/choc/cheese/casserole/crackers, just noticed they all begin with 'c',- how freaky!) Got stuck in the house cos DD poorly and just couldn't stop. It was getting to that point when you binge where you start to think- 'bugger it, i've screwed up so i may as well have even more' and was in danger of turning into a major 'eat all you can' feast. Really p'd with self, just so bloody stupid to do this after doing so well last week. (i got the loser of the week on the challenge!) Funny how the old habits are really not so far away. Had some good advice on the main thread and have to put a stop to it now. Got a lot going on at the moment and felt a bit tired, then got bored- the old food for comfort thing i think. It still makes you feel as horrible 4 stone down to have an 'out of control' moment as it did at my biggest. Half debating going to wash up, have a shake and get an early night, so to hopefully feel refreshed and ready for my new start tomorrow.
Hope you are all doing better than i am xx

Ok all? Back on form and going to be 100% now. Blip over. DD still poorly so stuck in house but got plenty to do to keep busy. Trying to down the water at the moment - it would be so much easier to do if i wasn't freezing already!

No-one lurking on advertising thread so we're still one down, in fact- everyones a bit quiet....this is getting like my own personal diary! Hey, i don't care, it keeps me focused. Hope you are all ok. xx

Hi Butterfly, glad you are over your blip and now back on track, I really don't think I could stop if I started to eat. I have however, introduced in the last couple of weeks fresh turkey slices to my soup of a night and a mixture of very green vegetables to help with the constipation...and touch wood it is having the desired affect and it has not affected my weight losses either so I am fairly chuffed. I still feel naughty having these and I definitely will not be adding anything else until I am ready to move up the plans...still need to lose another 4 - 5 stone at least til' that happens. As long as I stay feeling as healthy as I do now....I am here for the long haul!!!

Hope all you other butterfly chasers are on track and focussed. Speak soon.

Glad you're 'moving' again Nicki. Must be nice to have a meal, i can imagine it feels naughty though. I did consider doing this, to stop me picking but decided against, can't be bothered really and just need to prove to myself i can make the choice to be good and control my food demons! off to WI this morning, with my tail between legs, -expecting a gain of around 2lb+ i think. Godd luck for everyone else this week. Take care xx

Hi all,

Sorry I have not been around AGAIN. Still having troubles with my gallstones, so have been poorly sick this week :-(

Great news on everyones loses!

Got 5 weeks until me hols so must keeping on pushing myself!

Good morning all,

Last night in work on my current ward tonight- yippee! So glad to be moving to something new- not that we've got a clue what we'll be doing.

Stayed the same yesterday at WI which is fine, considering i was expecting a gain. Being good, back on track and feeling fine- bring on the losses!

Sorry to hear you are so poorly again Claire, i'd consider getting your bum down to A+E if i were you when you have attacks, my friend did this when she was in agony - and got the operation done so much more quickly than being on the waiting list! Mind you, you'll want to get your holiday in first, that seems to be coming round quick. Are you still doing cd- just wondering if it helps stop attacks?

OH trying to convince me to go for a walk- which i want to do- just having a problem getting my head round feeling even colder than i do!

Hope everyone else doing well. Speak soon xx

Hello all,
Claire sorry you are still unwell with the gallstone thing, that must be so painful. I hope you are feeling better soon. Please keep us posted so that we know that you are doing fine..health wise or otherwise.

Butterfly...glad to hear you are moving wards...good luck with that..hope you have better experiences on the new ward than you did on the old one.
Glad to see you haven't had a gain this week...good news huh!!! I have my WI in the morning and will post as soon as I know what the result is. I am taking my nightmare friend with me to see my CDC tomorrow AGAIN!! This will be her 4th restart since I started 17 weeks ago, she just can't do it as I think her head is not in the right space, but she just hates the thought of me being lighter than her...she is 4ft 11in and weighs the same as me now..17 st 11lb, her BMI is over 48 the same as mine when I first started. She copes for a day or two and then lets herself down by binge drinking twice a week, I wish she would tackle her drinking demons, but you can't talk to her about it, as she knows best. I would love her to lose weight and I try to give her the incentive and motivation to do it, but sometimes it is like banging your head against a brick wall.

On a different note has any of you girls noticed a difference in the rate that you are shedding hair...mine seems to be falling out in clumps...I try only to brush it when I wash it as I cannot bear to see it in the hairbrush, I usually just grab it and clip it on top of my head with a clawclip...and am now only trying to wash it 2 - 3 times a week....the amount I lose when I wash it is so bad I end up standing in water up to my ankles as it completely clogs up the plughole and prevents the water escaping. I end up fishing a very large clump from the plughole and flushing down the loo. I am a bit concerned but hopefully as my hair is so thick it shouldn't affect me too much...infact it could do with a bit of thinning...I always have it thinned at the hairdressers anyway. Well if I end up bald at least I will be slim. I'd rather be slim and bald than fat and bald....hee!! hee!!!!
I think I will mention it to my CDC tomorrow.
Anyway I'm off to bed now, speak soon.

Hi girls,
Know how you feel Nicki with your friend. My cousin tried it last week and had to give up cause her baby was poorly but had no intention of even trying to get back on- and dismissed her 8lb loss as not enough! Reckons if she's 'good' she can get this with SW and still eat. Then proceeded to tell me how she had not been good and had just eaten a chippy. Yet will still moan that she wants to lose weight. For me this is the whole point of cd, i can get 4lb loss per week on SW but i rarely do because that takes so much effort, its impossible to maintain, and whilst i have blipped on cd overall i could never have achieved the same loss with a traditional diet. I think it just one of those things that you either can or cannot do, like you say a lot of it's 'head stuff' with cd. I do get all evangelical about this diet sometimes, which i have to be carefull of- people look at you if you're nuts! Some people at work are still telling me to stop, and reckon that being a healthy BMI is aiming too far - wtf!

As for the hair, i thought i had been really lucky but this last 2 weeks i'm losing loads! Laughed at the plughole thing- i did this this morning! Off to get my hair cut this afternoon after i've had a kip. I haven't had a cut in about a year- bad, i know.... May go for a bit shorter and more layers to try to make it look thicker as its just so thin anyway, and with the loss i am heading for baldness! Nothing you can do about it though, i had loss after surgery and childbirth, just the bodys way of dealing with what it considers to be 'trauma' (fast weight loss). GP told me that you do not go bald, as such, but the hair just completes its cycle more quickly and drops out prematurely, but will regrow again.

Good luck with the WI Nicki- sure it'll be great- fingers crossed for the 4+lb!

Take care all xx

Hi fellow butterfly chasers,
Just come back from WI and have only lost 2 & 3/4 lb....this is not good for me as usually average 7lb per fortnight and have only managed 5lb this fortnight. I will soldier on though...I think it may be down to the weather getting colder and me not being able to down enough water only getting about 2 1/2 litres down as opposed to at least 3 or 4. I will try harder and aim to hit a bog number next week....a loss is still a loss however small and I am not giving up without a fight!!! My friend came with me today...but I don't think it will last, she was already trying to come up with excuses as to why she shouldn't start today.....I told her it was upto her at the end of the day and only she can make herself do this. I am already betting that she doesn't come to get weighed next week. God I sound like a complete Beyatch!!! I just hope she proves me wrong!

Butterfly, have we lost all our other team members? Who is still on board and who is not? Is Guru still with us and do we need to advertise for team members? It seems that apart from the occassional post from Claire we are the only other members posting here.......please don't you abandon me too!!!!!!

Went to ASDA for some retail therapy, looking for PJ's (as if I don't already have a gazillion pairs) I just love PJ's...spend most of my life in them...in fact I got caught out the other day...I had to drop my son off at college and left the house in my PJ's and slippers at 12:30pm, dropped him off and about to drive home and I suddenly realised that when I came home on Monday morning after my nightshift that my doorkey had come off the keyring whilst opening the door and instead of putting it back on the keyring I just dumped it on the side and went straight to bed.....well there I was sat outside college...no key...no shoes...no coat..and NO knickers, I phoned my son and as I had took him to college he didn't have his door key, phoned my mum who said she didn't have my spare key....last resort phoned OH who said he couldn't leave site, so I ended up doing a 40 mile round trip to collect the key from him...how peed of was I. I must have looked a right mess hair all greasy and hanging and wearing slept in pyjamas, I ended up getting home at 2:45pm only then to get a call from my dear son at 4pm to pick him up again...what a complete waste of a day. Anyway ASDA have got some great PJ's at the moment..they have some flannelette ones (not like grandmas) real cutsie and some great fleece ones...I couldn't resist and ended up buying 3 pairs and 2 pairs of tickled pink slippers...the flip flop ones and the short boot ones...in PINK of course...I love pink. I now have 5 pairs of new PJ's as I bought 2 pairs of tickled pink ones last week. All in a size 20/22.....instead of a 28....just loving this diet.
My god I can ramble...feel like I am have a manic episode!!! Anyway hope everyone is staying on track, speak soon,

Hi hun,
Well done you :happy036:- i know you were hoping for more, but you've got the right attitude and its still a loss. Although i have been no where near as virtuous as you, i feel very much the same- no matter what i will see this through to the end and get to where i want to be, and bloody keep it off this time. I'm struggling with the water too - just too damn cold! Have been having the veg flavouring/coffees and even split shakes into 3 to get something hot. Promise to self to hit the 4 litres tomorrow - you with me on this?!!

:rotflmao:I absolutely pmsl at you being out of house in PJ's for half the day! That'll teach you.... I too adore PJ's, and they are not the sexy variety,- cuddly warmth and comfort all the way!

I have to confess to buying some thermal vests, hear me out before you laugh cause they are to die for. OK, they may make me look like a 90yr old (according to my beloved OH) but they really do work to help you feel halfway human in this arctic weather! God help us when it gets really cold.......!:gen125:And, even better, they are a bargain- £4 for either the long or short sleeve versions in black or cream. (George at ASDA)

Well done on the sz 20/22, that is an amazing drop of sizes in this time- you must feel absolutely brilliant.

Anyway, fret not, there is no way i am deserting the team, (have you noticed how much i waffle)- coming on here keeps me focused. Claire is still trying to do cd but has struggled cos of health, no news from Sarah for weeks- (bit worried as she had health scares), Mrsessex left, Guru is still undecided i guess- she was struggling too but i think has moved up to 810 so may feel better soon. So we only have 5 members anyway. There has been hardly any activity on the advertising thread for ages, been keeping an eye on it to see if anyone wants to join, so we could snap them up- but no joy....It does mean we're a bit screwed on the weekly challenge if our members aren't reporting losses. Hopefully everyone will be feeling better soon.

Off to lounge in bed for a wee bit before sleep and start reading the new Dan Brown book! What luxury- i am so easily pleased......Take care xx

I so need to stop waffling, or get quicker typing - i get timed out before i get to post anything- drives me mad......!

Hi all,

Butterfly, yeh I did go to A&E once when I had the pain but was basically told that I would have to put up with the pain until my ultra sound came through! Therefore I've refused to go there since :)

In the last couple of weeks I wasn't doing CD properly, actually didn't hardly eat anything, but didn't lose anything either? My body must of went into starvation mode! But now doing 810, as like I have said before, at the moment I am finding this more manageable, plus I haven't seen much difference in my weekly losses....... so I would rather look forward to a plate of food everyday ( eventhough there's not much choice LOL) than have nothing to look forward to!

Nicky- My hair is also very thick and my hair used to fall out alot anyway. I have noticed that is does a bit more on this diet, but as you say ( Which I found highly funny when I read it!) I'd rather be skinny and bald than fat and bald.....teee heee heee

Good deal on the PJ's, I know this probably sounds stupid but I can't wear them, I get too hot! I wear the vest tops and shorts! Obviously in pink!

Again sorry for not being around much ( I read Nickys post on where every is ).

I AM STILL HERE! And I would let you know If I wanted to leave the team anyways :)

I've seen a couple of posts on the forum from Guru, and as for Sarah....I don't know :-(

At work at the moment doing a 7 night stint, Started at 22:00 last night and working until 10:00 this morning as someone has called in sick! I wouldn't usually stay on but it's sunday so will get double time! WOOO HOOO

Speak Soon xxxx

Hi all,
Good to hear from you Claire, sorry you are still having problems with your gallstones, absolute evil things, and your A+E are ridiculous. Bet if you camped out there they'd change their mind, he he! (Visions of you in a tent in the waiting room...) What are you living on for your 810, any favourite suggestions? I keep meaning to get on to the site and copy out a load of recipe ideas for when i give it a go. Have to say, i prefer not having to be bothered cooking for self, its so much easier, and time saving. Hope work goes well, and quickly- wahay to having lots of nice overtime pennies to treat yourself with.
Trying to get into gear, going to get veg ready then nip to shops. Had new hair cut/colour and want to buy self some new straighteners- have done some research and TKMaxx do some CHI ones for about £30 and they review brilliantly, they're the US equivalent of our GHD's and given that I need to save, I'm going to give them a go.
Can't do weekly challenge this week. We'll try for next week hopefully......?
Off to neck a pint of water.....joy. xx

:booboo:

Last edited:
Hi girls,
Trying to distract myself here.... Getting bit nervous about starting new job tomorrow. Just don't know what to expect, its a completely new ward/service we're setting up so its just so different from my usual work 'comfort zone', which is probably why i need to do it really.
Doing rubbish on the water front, just cannot get my head into it. Have nibbled too the last 2 days....(hopefully not too much damage though), so feeling a bit crap about myself now. Got a feeling i ought to consider ss+ soon, just to help me stay focused, and yet be able to eat something. I just have some days where i just have to chew. I'm thinking now as i write if there is a link between nibbling and not having enough water....makes sense. Promise to myself to be 100% tomorrow and glug as much as i can.
Take care all. Off to bed xx

Back