'Chasing Butterflies' - Team 7

Hi all,
Good luck Butterfly with your new job...I am sure it will be fine.
I too am really struggling on the waterfront and have also promised to get at least 3 litres down me by the end of today...I find it is better when I am out and about as I seem to be constantly glugging...it is when I am indoors with not a lot to do that I really struggle and this cold weather is definitely affecting the consumption.

Is anyone feeling colder than usual? I am putting it down to not having all my old body fat to keep me warm..but my hands and feet seem to be permanently freezing and I have bought a 13.5 tog quilt for my bed which I have never done before maximum rating in the winter I usually go for is 10.5. I just don't know what is wrong with me....All the lads complained at work as I had the heat ramped right up at work and the door to the cabin closed (I work in a metal container on site..outside). This weekend I wore my thermals under my jeans, a thermal long sleeved t-shirt, a thermal short sleeved t shirt, a sweatshirt, a thick lined fleece jacket and 3 pairs of socks..and I was still freezing. Usually in the winter I just wear 1 layer of thermals and a sweatshirt and sometimes a fleece. I hope all the shivering I was doing was burning extra calories and pounds!!!
Anyway I am off to brave a shower..it is freezing here and the thought of getting naked is killing me!!!!
Think I'll put that new duvet on my bed tonight as well. Speak soon,

Welcome, welcome, welcome Jess,
We definitely need some new recruits, thanks for joining us...we are a friendly bunch here just jump on board and post away. We are quite a small team and only have 4 members left now..including you of course...they are me, you, butterfly and claire.
If you flick through our posts from the beginning, it will tell you a bit more about us all. Why don't you write a post and tell us a bit about yourself and your journey etc, no holds barred here..just feel free to fire away with any questions whether diet or otherwise related....and we all will try and help you....I have already noticed from your stats that you started your journey at almost the same weight as me (I was 22 stone 10 1/2lb) and now I am over 5 stone lighter (17 stone 9lb). I am just loving CD and do not intend to give up until I reach goal....even though I am having a bit of a dither with christmas coming up....never missed a christmas dinner in my life!
I look forward to hearing all about you, speak to you soon,

Hi Nicki!

Thanks for the warm welcome, very excited to join your team. You have done amazingly well. Well done.

In a nutshell, I did CD in 2007, lost a lot of weight and got down to a size 18. Unfortunately after being a size 26, i was just so comfortable at an 18 that I stopped CD, and yes you guessed it the weight piled back on. It has taken a while to get my head back in place to do CD properly, but as you can see from teh stats I am now back in the zone and loving how quickly the pounds fall off. I am much more aware of my danger zones for being a comfortable weight, but equally aware that CD is only half of the battle and I need a whole lifestyle change once I come off CD.

Looking forward to getting to know you all some more and getting lots of inspiration from you all.

Jess

Hi girls,
Just a quick hello. Welcome Jess, great to have you on board. Be back to waffle later. Got to get ready to go to WI and running late. Not sure what to expect yet. Any loss is a bonus really. Speak soon xx

Hello again,

Well, not too bad- i lost 3lb! Given my useless water i'm happy with that. Still losing inches so thats fine. Have been and bought some litre bottles of water so will be more likely to stick to it.

Just one query?? My cdc measures me every week and for the life of me i cannot quite understand how she gets my waist measurement, cause i can never do it the same at home. I stand with arms out to side, (which you can't do when doing it yourself i s'pose) and she seems to always measure an inch or two above my belly button. I think this is too high, but other people on minis say theirs do the same- wierd! What do yours do?

As for the cold, i am bloody freezing today! Reckon must be well back into ketosis after my chicken nbble. Going to dig out my thermals again. Nikki, pmsl at the vision of you wrapped up like an eskimo! But seriously, that must feel terrible. Suppose there is only so many layers you can add before you stop being able to move!

Welcome Jess, completely get what you mean about changing the head thing. I've spent most of my journey on cd trying to focus on this, i read others diaries, the maintenence threads, anything to begin to change my long term attitude to food. I'd like to say i've learned a lot, but only time will tell when i have to put it into practice- which is a freaky thought!

Off to do DD's lunch and then she's in pre-school. wahay....an afternoon free! Got a major cleaning session planned. (will have to switch off pc so not tempted to waste time on here!)

Take care all xx

Good morning all!

Hope we're all doing well, losing those pounds. Glad to say i am back in the zone and feeling good!

Had horrible time yesterday taking DD to pre-school, only her 3rd session and after being fine the first two times, this time she was not happy. She was so brave, stood there saying she'd miss me and tring not to cry and wiping her face and eyes to hold back tears! It was the most heartbreaking thing ever and it killed me to walk away. So didn't get as much done as i should cos i spent the next hour in bits. Needless to say she was fine and had a lovely time. I've heard women talk about this experience but didn't think it would be so terrible.

Managed to clean kitchen so its all sparkly, which always makes me feel good. Dad is a builder and did my extension (incl. kitchen) and i've got some potential clients coming round tonight to see his work so got to keep tidy today. Hence i think i'm going out visiting for the day, avoid making a mess. OH not allowed to cook either!

Really need to think about getting my backside into gear and starting to exercise regularly - theres just not enough hours in the day. As its never a habit i've developed its taking some time to get round to starting it- but i know i need to. I want to be slim, fit and healthy ultimately. Not just a thinner version of my previous unfitness.

Take care all. Happy losing xx

Hello all,
Butterfly Congrats on your 3 lb loss..thats fab!! Glad to hear you have got your head back in the zone...gawd you really do sound focussed...good luck to you!
I have got my dreaded WI tomorrow and I don't feel the scales have moved at all...I am getting a bit down hearted about it now...I seem to have spent weeks in the 17's and it is just not moving....I usually only spend 3 weeks in the same stone bracket before moving down but have spent 4 weeks in this stone already and still have at least 9 lb to go til' the 16's....If I have a bad WI this week I am seriously considering cutting out my Turkey and greens next week and SSing 100%..just to see whether the miniscule amount of turkey and greens I am having is affecting my losses. Anyway thats enough doom and gloom from me...I s'pose I should be grateful for even small losses.

Butterfly, your daughter sounds like a sweetheart...they can tug on the old heartstrings..can't they? Kids are a blessing but they definitely know how to work you, you wait til' she is a teenager...you will be running away from her at the school gate in the morning..believe me!!

My son is nearly 17 and at college. He is a typical teenager...mood swings...grunts...slouches..spends his life in his room on the computer or games console..moans when you ask him to do the minimal of tasks and his favourite sentance is "in a minute". See butterfly....loads to look forward to!!!
Speak soon,

I must admit, Nikki, as much as it kills me to leave her- the prospect of having time alone to get jobs done and not be pestered continually or feel guilty is most appealing. Hopefully she'll settle down soon. Can't say i look forward to the teen years!

Hope the WI goes ok. Its hard to think a bit of turkey and veg would make so much difference. Is it just plain turkey, not treated or anything, they sometimes add dextrose in supermarket cooked meats..just a thought. I sympathise, its hard to see losses slow down, especially when you're being as good as you have been. Like you say though, it is still a loss, you're in it for the long haul so important to try and keep positive.

Visited family, who are now again considering Cambridge for themselves. Not sure if they are quite ready to be so disciplined though- they almost talk themselves out of it at the same time as thinking its a good idea.

Take care all xx

Hi fellow butterfly chasers,
Well to say I am a bit upset is an understatement.....Had my WI this morning and I have put on 1 lb......how can this be? I have not done anything different than usual. That is me back on SS 100% now to see if it will kick start the big losses again. I think there is something weird going on...a mixture of constipation, water retention and ongoing menstrual bleeding that just won't stop (this is a problem I had before I started CD...and to give me a break from it every 3 months I take a 3 month course of tablets to give my body a break as if I don't it makes me aneamic...but since I have been on CD I have been taking the tablets and they haven't worked and I am bleeding anyway). I think I will need to go back to my GP and have a chat as I am at the end of my tether..maybe see if I can increase the dose. As the tablets are hormone based, I am presuming that they can cause fluid retention etc. I feel like I am clutching at straws here, but, I just cannot understand how I could possibly have gained weight when I have not nibbled or tasted anything other than the 3 turkey slices I have in my CD soup with the green vegetables. I might as well just bloody starve myself and have done with it......If I had known I was going to put on weight...I would have made sure I eat like a horse for the week....least there would have been a reason behind the weight gain. Well that is enough doom and gloom from me...I am getting my husband to hide my scales so I don't scale hop all week and Pee myself off even more...I have ordered all shakes for this week and no soup means no turkey and greens....just wish me luck for my kick start and lets see what happens next week. Sorry for the long rant, but just needed to get it all off my chest!!
Speak soon,

Butterfly,
What is dextrose? I always try and buy the fresh turkey carved on the bone from the deli counter....it costs enough so shouldn't have any of those nasty additives....have had to have the packet stuff before now..but always check the ingredients...always avoid the water added reformed types and always try and get the purist form I can get. ( I am a bit of a freak when it comes to packet food, I never buy anything in a packet and always try and avoid it if I can, I cook everything from scratch as I like to know what goes into my dinner, I won't buy battery chicken or eggs..free range all the way for me, I won't buy any meat unless I know where it has come from...especially pork, as pork from the EU comes from really cruelly treated pigs...I will only buy Yorkshire or Wiltshire ham from the Deli counter...my weekly shop costs me a fortune believe me...it is not cheap to eat healthy). After todays weigh in, in future I am going to buy raw turkey and cook it myself so I know what I am getting. Sorry for the extra ranting again!!!!

Hi all,
Sorry about your gain Nikki- you understandably must be gutted. Maybe it could be a combination of water retention/totm- you never know. Agree it seems a good idea to go to GP, the constant bleeding would get me down too- you poor thing. ((((big hug))))
Sometimes the cooked meats have water added which can have both sugars (dextrose) and salts in them, and both are a big no go on cd. Sugars because of the carb element and the salts also make you retain water which weighs heavy. The cooked chickens on the hot counters generally have lots of sugars added to the basting coatings they use. I agree the eating healthy costs a fortune!
Some people do tend to get slower periods, and make up for it the next few weeks. Keep your chin up hun, you've done so well, and i'm sure with perseverence the losses will come again.
Does your cdc weigh you? Are you losing inches but not weight. This has happened a few times with me. Tends to be when i'm retaining water. If i drink more i do tend to lose better too.
Hope you feel ok. here if you need to rant anytime...

Hope everyone else doing well. Was at work last night and now just off to bed as i'm in again tonight for my sins. Take care xx

Hi all,

Feeling good still about cd, sticking to it, drinking loads and scales seem to be moving again! Helped that i've been at work, (where i am now!!) gets me away from the house and all that temptation. Hope you're feeling ok Nikki?

Jess, i forgot to tell you about the team challenge? Did you know about it? Don't want to tell you what you already know, but we did have someone join once who didn't know what the team thing was all about and it just wasn't for her. So,

The gist is;
  • A team of up to 6 members, who are following and aiming to lose weight via cd all report their weekly weight loss to their team leader, either on their team thread or via pm.
  • Every week IreneH posts the challenge thread, normally as a sticky. It is normally on by thursday and runs until sunday, when the results will be collected and the winner announced.
  • The team leader collects the details of all the team members losses and has to do the following calculation to discover what percentage of weight everyone has lost.
amount of weight lost this week x 100 = ..............%
previous weeks weight
  • You post on the challenge thread your teams %lost and your 'biggest loser'% of the week. Teams 'compete' to see who can lose the most.
  • The team needs to have a minimum of 3 members losses reported to be included in the weekly challenge.
  • Lastly, all team members are encouraged to post as often as they can to be able to give each other support.
I do all the calculation stuff for out team, so just pm me or post results for the week on here so i can put us in the challenge. I do work every other weekend, so need our results by saturday so i can put the results on by sunday.

Anyways, enough waffling from me. Keep drinking! xx

Hii:) got your post on the ad agency thread and I'd love to join you guys! Communication will have to be on here until I get up to 20 posts but that's no bother for me!:D

Hi Hannahstar, welcome to our team, great to have you on board, we are all a very friendly bunch here....feel free to ask questions and get things of your chest!!!
Why don't you post a thread telling us all abit about yourself.....if you go back to the beginning threads you will find all of our introductions.
We all love CD here and have had some great success so far on our journeys....wishing you the same...remember staying strong and focussed is the key to success with CD..just keep drinking the water and feel free to rant or rave all you want...someone will always be along soon with some friendly advice to help you. Speak soon,

Hi Butterfly,
thanks for your kind post...still feeling a bit down about the lack of weight loss this week...although now am convinced that my CDC scales were out as mine are showing a loss of 3 lb and I am always 2 lb lighter on my CDC's scales (I have the same scales as her). I thought that I would take my scales to hers this week when I get weighed to see exactly what the differences are and then I can be certain of my weight losses..I am also going to ask if any of her other clients put on this week after being weighed on her scales...sorry to keep banging on, but just desperate to get to the bottom of this....I have checked my ketones 4 times since Friday and am definitely in strong ketosis...so my body has no other choice but to burn it's own fat to survive! I am back SSing now 100% for at least this week to see whether it kick starts the losses again. I have decided that if I go back on the turkey next week I am going to buy a joint to roast..so I know exactly what is being put into my mouth.
I measure my inches myself as I am too embarrassed to get my CDC to do it...and have actually noticed that after sorting out my wardrobe a couple of weeks ago and finding some smaller jeans in a size 20 (which fit when I refound them) that they are now looser as I wore them to work a couple of weeks ago and again last weekend and last weekend I was constantly pulling them up (I think they are a large 20..probably really a 22) although I have been into a few shops to try things for size and am now a comfortable 20.
Butterfly...I intend to stay very focussed and am going to perservere...my pecker is truly up...heres looking forward to a good result on Friday.

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend...I am its the first one I have had off in about 6 months...and how better to spend it than clearing out my spare room full of toot and loading it up to take to the car boot sale this morning....I was up at 5:30 am (me and OH) and off we went to our local car boot sale (never in my life have I done this before). Well it is amazing what people will buy..stuff that we were just going to chuck away...I am talking serious toot...well most of it all bar 1 box of stuff went...we made about £90 after our entry fee...not bad for 5 hours work...I just cannot believe some people...there houses must be full of other peoples junk! Will definitely do another one soon...going to tackle the rest of my wardrobe and my son's room...one bag of my sons clothes that I was going to take to the clothing bank as it was not good enough for the charity shop got mixed up with the car boot stuff and my husband sold it (after I told him he couldn't as it was so awful) we got about £5 for it. Well car booting has definitely opened my eyes I was gobsmacked to say the least...I was bloody freezing though even with 5 layers of clothes on and I only managed to down about 1/2 litre this morning as the water was really cold...so I have spent most of the afternoon getting the rest down me....mission accomplished!!!
My god I can ramble sometimes...hope everyone is well and focussed and heres looking forward to a good week, speak soon,

Where are all my fellow butterfly chasers,
feeling lonely here tonight on my own.....still SSing 100 % and looking forward to my WI on Friday as I feel the scales are definitely moving again in the right direction.

Hope all you girls are being good and are all still on the wagon.
Hope someone comes along soon....so I know I am not alone...speak soon and keep focussed.

Well I am definitely losing inches at least as the rediscovered wardrobe of smaller jeans from years gone by which fitted me perfectly are now all starting to get loose and baggy....especially round the bum area....I hat not having a bum...just one part of me I wanted to hold on to..but it seems to have gone completely flat....no more junk in the trunk!!!! The jeans are 20's and 22's....maybe the 22's should be a bit big...but not the 20's yet....I am surely not an 18 already....am I????
I bought a pair of 20's in Asda about 6 weeks ago and they fit perfectly when I bought them but forgot about them and then dug them out yesterday to wear them and they are now loose and I have to keep pulling them up.
It is a good feeling but just thought I would get a bit of wear out of them before moving on. It is such an expensive hobby this diet lark....having to keep shopping for new clothes....as much as shopping is fun...I just wish I had the money to fund it!!!!!

Hi all,

Welcome Hannah, great to have you on board. The general gist of the team stuff is a few posts back. Basically, see you around whenever you can to chat and let me know your weight and weekly losses for the challenge. In the first few pages of the thread is our waffle about ourselves/ reasons etc as Nikki said. I absolutely love Cambridge, have turned all evangelical about it and tell everyone who asks me how i've lost my weight. It took about 2stone loss before people noticed, i am now 4st 8lb down and get comments all the time, feel fantastic. It has truly made a huge difference to my life already. I know i still have a long road ahead, absolutely anxious as hell about moving up the plans, as i fear screwing it all up, but i'm so determined to make this a long term change. Anyways, we're all here for each other, so don't be shy and don't be worried about being honest about the bad bits- we've all been there!

Nikki, sorry been a useless member for a few days. Life just got a bit busy, new job, lots on, and OH is unwell, needing support and has been hogging the PC so not had chance to get on.

Wahay to you, miss size 18!!! How exciting... you'll start off not quite believing it and before you know it your whole wardrobe is size 18 then you'll sneak out of those too! Its quite freaky how these changes to your body happen so quickly without you really having chance for it to sink in. Check out the charity shops- i have bought 4 prs of trousers inthe last few days for the grand sum of £14.50. Some people may scoff, but i'm not proud, (i'm too skint for that) and i'd rather save to get decent stuff when i'm even smaller. Buying size 12 bottoms now, some are still tight, but the 14's will not last me now, that is just so wierd. Tried a gorgeous dress on today and felt like a princess, (i don't do dresses) wanted to get it for my nieces christening ( we're godparents) but then realised its a month away and i am likely to be even smaller so couldn't.

My latest freaky body thing, since the appearance of collarbones (which is still wierd to look at), is that if i stand with my arms raised above my head, i can see my ribs....individually!:eek: Now that has never happened in my life and it is just amazing, i can spend ages just looking at them, and you can feel them too, thats just as wierd. Its funny how you do turn into a bit of a vain, body obsessed woman- although i don't see it as vanity, its just that it is so unbelievable when these things happen. They do say it takes a good while for your head to catch up with the fact that you are not huge anymore. I so need to start exercising thoughto try to tone the saggy bulges, just can't be arsed to be honest, with the little free time i get. It will be my next challenge....!;)

Went to WI today and after being dubious as the scales were not kind the day before, despite having been good, i had lost 6lb!!:D:D:D Total loss now 4st 8lb, putting me at 10st 11lb. Have never, ever been in the 10's so i am over the moon, just want to shout it at everyone...but i'll probably end up locked up!

Anyways, i'm waffling as usual, (making up for my quiet spell!), catch you all soon. Good luck with the WI Nikki, sure you'll do well. Any losses this week Claire, Jess, Hannah? Take care all xx

Oh yeah, i forgot to add, i screwed up tonight and had a post WI binge.....:sigh: Silly fool. Had most of DD's tea, (she's poorly so couldn't eat) then quite a lot of crisps/nuts/cheese....oops! Hell, lifes too short, that it done, and the wagon is rolling with me on it tomorrow!

Also, just discovered that Hannah is now doing WW so there goes another one. Sorry, but i am going to have a mini rant here....wtf do people bother signing up for teams when they have no intention of being part of it, and then don't even have the decency to let you know they've left! I know its only internet stuff and not major in the scheme of things but i'm a big believer in common courtesy and manners, irrespective of the situation, hence i am a bit annoyed....:mad:. Rant over...happy bunny now.:D

Back