'Chasing Butterflies' - Team 7

Butterfly, woo...hooo!!! on your 6 lb weight loss thats fantastic.....hope you haven't jeopordised it with your minor blip.
I am still having a good week SSing, but have found that if I don't get a shake down me at least every 4 hours I start to feel a bit hungry....something never experienced before with CD...I get griping pains in me belly and a sicky feeling..not nice.

How did you find out about Hannah now doing WW and dropping from the team? How rude! I guess some people are just not cut out for CD.....Think we must be from the old school Butterfly of having common courtesy and exemplary manners. I think Hannah was a student...wasn't she? Say no more....the youth of today!!! Mind you always made my son say his please and thank yous...they will get him far...i'm sure.

I have had some good news today...cut a long story short..got sacked from a job last year for having an opinion/grievance and the company refused to pay my weeks notice pay so I decided to take them to Tribunal...the said company were saying I was sacked because of gross misconduct and so no notice pay was due. Well this has been going on for over a year now and I am due in front of the judge on Friday morning...well got a call from ACAS this morning with an offer of £600 out of court settlement..which is £100 more than my notice pay...so I have accepted it...just waiting to get it put in writing and confirmed....I am so relieved...but in a twisted sort of way I was quite looking forward to me having a rant and a moan infront of a judge. But great outcome anyway seeing as it has cost the said company £1000's to get the case this far...they must be gutted...should have just settled to start with eh!

Talking about collarbones and ribs...I was laying in bed the other night and became aware of a lump in the middle of my breasts....poked the OH and told him in a concerned manner that I thought I had found a hard lump between my breasts (he took this as an open invitation to cop a feel). Anyway he said where...where abouts is the lump..so grabbed his hand and plonked it in the place of the said hard lump....for him to respond...that dear...is your breast bone!!!! OOOhhh I replied I have never had one of them before..!!!!

Anyway I hope we are all staying good and on the wagon. Speak soon,

Hello! I've just seen Butterfly's post about there being spaces in your team - please could I join in? I'm on day 1 of SS and could do with some support :)

Course you can join our team...welcome, why don't you do a little or large post and tell us a bit about yourself whatever you want....if you drop back to the start of our threads you will find information about us all in the early threads....but feel free to ask and say what you want...we will try and help you in anyway we can offering advice and as much information as possible. Welcome to Chasing Butterflies and good luck on your weight loss journey with CD....I am sure like us.....you will love it. Speak soon and look forward to hearing all about you.

Hi hun,
:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:pmsl at you breastbone!! In fact, i've just copped a feel of my own and i'd never even noticed that before....it is definately a lump! ooohhh, wierd things, bodies!

Good on you for the grievance case. Just shows how it can pay to stand up for yourself. Funny that it's cost them thousands, that'll teach them. Hey, maybe it'll change the practice that you complained about in the first place, that would make it even more worthwhile. Now to plan spending your £600- i can give loads of tips on that!

Corinne, love to have you on board hun. I live on minis when i'm struggling. (and there has been a fair bit of that) Save repeating myself, have a nose a few posts back to get the gist of the team thing, if thats all good with you, then welcome aboard! How are you getting on inyour first day? Any headaches or anything yet? Feel free to waffle and fill us in about yourself. Have you done cd before?

The one thing i am going to consider doing is being a bit more firm about participation in the challenge. I think that considering that the whole point of the teams, is to join in this, i will ask that everyone does post their results every week so that we can participate. Doesn't matter if you've gained or sts even, but at least we are all trying. Taking the advice of another team leader, i think its fair to suggest that if a member does not post for a week after the sunday challenge ends, (and they haven't previously accounted for their absence) they will be reminded via pm and if no response their place on the team will be advertised. What does everyone think?

Ooops, sorry Nikki and Corinne..cross posted there!

Thank you Nicki :)

Ok, I'm Corinne, I'm 32 and I'm a student nurse. I am married and have an 11 yr old daughter.

I feel a bit of a fraud as although today's my 1st day on CD, I have done it before. It was a huge success, I lost over 6st in less than 6 months to fit in my dream wedding dress. I was a size 12 and felt fantastic.

However, despite my best intentions, once I settled into married life, I started settling back into my old habits - cozy takeaways infront of the tv, chocolate, meals out...gradually the weight started coming back. Rather than do something about it, I almost punished myself by continuing to eat more and more, resulting in me putting almost all of the weight back on. :cry:

But I've decided enough's enough - I've done it once and I'll do it again. The hardest part is kind of proving all the doubters that said I'd only put the weight back on right, I feel so ashamed, stupid I know.

I stuck to CD 100% last time (almost 2 years ago) and had fantastic weight losses each week so I know it works. I just need to get through the next couple of days and into ketosis then I'll be fine.

I'm currently on clinical placement wearing a nasty tent-size uniform lol, I've got 3 weeks left then back to uni until next placement in March - I'm determined to be wearing a much smaller uniform by then :p

Nicki your "breastbone lump" reminded me of when I did CD last time, I was lying in bed when I felt an odd lump in my side - it turned out to be a hip bone lol. Looking forward to seeing them and my collar bones again soon!

Nice to here all about you Corinne,
it is fabulous feeling new bones that I never knew I had.....and very envious of the uniform you are wearing....you need to go back a good few posts to read about my sexy uniform I have to wear for work. You are a brave woman to be a student nurse and studying at Uni with a young daughter...I take my hat of to you....definitely a vocation that job....I couldn't do bums and beds if you paid me thousands....I don't even know if I could wipe my OH's bum if he ever needed me to!!! Sorry not very compassionate am I...just can't get to grips with all that malarky...I could do it for my son...but no one else.
Anyway looking forward to hearing all about your adventures or misadventures along your CD journey...heres wishing you back to a size 12 soon,
speak soon,

My God Corinne, 6st in 6mths is amazing. You must have felt fantastic. Know where you're at with the eating loads, even though you want to be slim! Just before i started cd i was so p'd off with my size that i'd comfort eat even more, probably gained a good stone just while thinking about dieting! The more i thought about it the more i ate. Do you ever do the 'i'm starting the diet next week, so this week i'll have a load of crap'?... then the diet never starts! I did that so many times.

Hoping to get married after this, (and after i've robbed a bank) then save for baby no.2. So can't wait to wear a nice frock. Actually get excited thinking about it now, wheras before i wouldn't even contemplate it.

I'm a nurse too, so sympathise with the training schedule, the amount of work you guys have to put in is ridiculous. I hated the uniforms too- hence i swapped from general to mantal health after my first year training and never had to wear them again! Been in adult acute pyschiatric inpatients for 12 years since qualifying, just started new job last week developing a new 'crisis admision' short stay ward. Ok so far, got to be better than where i was, and even the 'worst' of patients- you only have for 5 days max- how terrible does that sound....ooops!

Got to consider getting off the pc, having an antisocial night for my OH! Speak soon xx

Hi all!!!

sorry it has taken me so long to join group, been at college and work, which is normal for me, to post at daft hours :)

i am Katy, 21 living in manchester, at home with my mum n dad :) good old lazy ways :)
i am a student in access to higher education in nursing and allied health proffessionals, basically i want to be a nurse and aiming for university next sept, and want to be massivly slimmer for that!

ii have tried all the normal diets and just as i asked DR for surgery i found out about CD so i am this now, whilst still in the pipeline for surgery just to see how it is assessed, but thats still next year, so i probs will have lost too much weight to be considered for it!!!

i have had some disappointing weeks on the diet but that is mainly due to not handling stress properly!!!

any how i have a giagantic essay to write for morning so i am off...

i will be back same time tomorrow night

spek soon ladies

K x

Morning all x

Hi Katy :wavey: Hope the essay writing went ok - I've got 3 on the go at the moment while working full time on placement (and running a home!) - nightmare :mad:

Well day 2 starts here! I've woken up without the horrible headache I had last night which is a relief, I'm still hungry but have had my first shake of the day and a pint of water :D I'm on a late shift today so hope I still feel ok tonight!

Have a good day everyone, speak later :)

Hi Katy and welcome!

Looks like its turning into a bunch of nurses here! We all must be mad. To be honest, its all i've ever done in my adult working life, and whilst i love it, the nhs system generally does not allow you to practice as you would wish. I have quickly turned into an old cynic, and wish i had persued a different path... i would love to have trained as a funeral director and have set up my own business. Now thats a dream job, still caring for people, incorporating mental health/counselling, families are generally pleased with your work and the clients don't answer back..! Good luck with the essay writing, evil things.. rather you than me.

A work collegue of mine, (who you actually bear a resemblance to, Katy!) had gastric band surgery a few yrs ago. She manages to drop from about a sz 30 to 20, did then have major problems when the band got embedded in her stomach. She couldn't eat or drink anything without vomiting and had to have it removed. Now trying to stick as she is, at around sz 24. Even before that though she said she had to be ever so careful about what she ate else she would be sick, just the thought of putting up with that would put me off. It would be great if cd worked for you and you didn't have to go through that. I've heard that many gp's are recommending cd before people go down the surgery route. What a great idea!

Its stupidly early and i feellike an old hag. Have already had my cd bar to give me a boost! DD has terrible fever (39.1 at worst!) and a bit of a cold/sore throat. So have been up with her since 330am, bless her she just couldn't settle to sleep. Still her 'normal self' in other ways and doesn't seem to fulfill the swine flu criteria so not too worried and hopefully it will pass soon. But calpol only having limited affect, may have to get antibiotics methinks...poor thing. Needless to say OH has slept through and is still snoring! Why is it men get to switch off from being a parent,(like when they're in bed!) yet mothers never have any say in the matter- (not that i'd change it)...or is it just me?

Off to wake him up, if he says '10 more minutes' it'll be a bucket of cold water from me! Catch you later xx

Good morning Corinne, missed you there... glad the headaches gone. I've been quite lucky and never really had this too much. But find that tons of water helps to keep it at bay. I tend to stack my shakes towards the evening, which is when i tend to struggle, i split them up to make it go further.

My latest favourite is the vanilla shake mixed with the mousse and a good pinch of the orange water flavouring- i think its a bit like cheesecake and it feels really naughty. Yummm....!

Off to shower and wake OH up xx

hello, any room for a little Melanie? well a nearly little Melanie :p xx

Please let me know if its ok, then I will tell all about myself :eek:) xx

x M x

Hi girls,

Just a quick hello inbetween jobs and poorly demanding child. Will try to get on later if chance. Had ok day, poor on the water front, so about to glug some more. DD is now having tamiflu, poor mite now has the diarrhoea as well as temp/sore throat and sniffles. Luckily all of them are reasonably mild, she's doing well as long as we keep up with the calpol. Thought it best to go for the tamiflu course as opposed to not and her being 10 times worse. So off work tonight now to be here for her. The tamiflu they've given us is the capsules and they are horribly bitter, have to mix the capsule powder into food, how i'm ever going to get the course in her i don't know. She detected it in chocolate dessert tonight. Apparently there is a shortage of the liquid form so that is reserved for under one year olds. So all other children will just develop even more eating problems!

Hope everyone is doing well. Hows day two corinne? Feeling human yet?

Love for you to join us melanie!
OOhhh, this is great to have some new enthusiastic members.

Oh Nikki, forgot to say- the reason i discovered Hannah was doing WW was by looking in her 'recent posts' where she has been doing WW almost since the day or two after she joined us. Thought it was wierd not to have heard anything. Charming eh?

Any WI's for the challenge ladies? I normally post them Sunday morning. Need to know loss this week and the previous weeks weight.

Speak soon.xx

Last edited:
Great thats brilliant, well i should introduce myself really then, I am Melanie as the name suggests :p and I am 25 years old I live in Berks with my partner, I gave birth to a gorgeous baby boy in April and he is turning 6months very soon, time just flies :cry:anyway I put on about 3stone during my pregnancy, to many milkybars and am now doing something about it, I have dropped 2stone 3lbs since August and am delighted, but I want to be at a good weight by xmas, better than pre pregnancy!! :D hope your all well and looking foward to chatting to you all and getting to know you x

I had a loss this week on Tuesday and it was 4.6lbs woohoo :D x

oh and sorry to hear about your daughter butterfly, not nice when there not right is it ! x hope she feels better soon x

Evening!

Hi Melanie :wavey: Congratulations on your weight loss so far - I'm sure you'll hit your target by Christmas :)

Butterfly I hope your daughter feels better soon, how long is her course of tamiflu?

Well day 2 has been a success - even though the tins of sweeties have cruelly been taunting me at work tonight, I have ignored their evil voices lol and stuck to my water! I am starving though and really fancy something nice to eat - I forgot how much I miss chewing things! Never mind - last time I went into ketosis on day 3 so I'm hoping I won't feel as hungry tomorrow, I'll just not have to breathe my death breath onto the patients haha x

Hi Melanie, you a night owl too? Promised myself an early night, yet here i am again. Aawwww, i love babies at that age, time to start having eyes in the back of your head then soon! Funnily enough i developed a major sweet tooth in pregnancy which just never disappeared! I also had a fancy for walkers beef and onion crisps but the b*****ds stopped making them in my early stages and turned them into steak and onion, still a sore point, 3 yrs on!

Well done you, what a huge loss. Are you sole sourcing? Are you amazingly virtuous like Nikki or a cheating devil like me!! I am trying to be good now.....:rolleyes:

Well at least we can join in the weekly challenge now... Yippeee!

Got sore throat coming, hope not caught DD's lurgy..:sigh:

Sorry Corinne, another cross post.

She's got to have 2 tabs bd for 5 days. Going to get inventive with strong squash and pineapple juice for disguises tomorrow cause she drinks loads.

Bring on stinky breath eh? then at least you won't be hungry. I use retardex breath freshener, i think it works reasonably well. Either that or everyone i meet is too polite to drop down in front of me after facing the death breath! Roll on a few weeks and you'll be able to munch on the bars, did you have them last time?

Back