'Chasing Butterflies' - Team 7

another night owl here, what a horrific day!!!! :(

a friend of mine who suffers with epilepsy had a full on fit in lesson today, no first aider for the first 4 minutes and i couldnt get to the poor mite as ever other person in the class was stood staring and gawping at him, so being a first aider for over 10 years i jumped in and tried to help, but its the first fit i have ever attended to so i have felt quite traumatised all night, plus stupidly busy, i work in the canteen in a royal mail site, even though they have been on strike i still had to go in, so i have been cleaning to my hearts content, but because of my friends episode, i have muched :(
well back to day 1 again tomorrow...

well much as my rant is over, i am sorry to hear about your daughter butterfly i hope she is ok soon.

k x

Good evening (good early morning) fellow Butterfly chasers,
Just wanted to welcome Melanie x and special k...hope you will enjoy our friendly team.
Butterfly, sorry to hear your little one is so poorly...bless her....we have all survived unscathed by this swine flu bug so far...I don't usually get colds or flu..think I must be naturally immune. Hope she gets better soon and I hope she hasn't passed on too many bad germs for you to catch it....but it's so hard not to kiss and cuddle 'em when they are so itsy bitsy..isn't it?
I am definitely feeling left out here with all these nurses around me...I am off to find myself a sexy nurses uniform to play in too...OH is always begging me to dress up for him....maybe I just might when I lose a few more stone ehh!!!
Hope you are all being angels and still on the wagon....having my WI in the morning and will post my results as soon as I get back......soooo missed the turkey and vegs of a night and have a turkey joint ready and waiting to go in the oven as soon as I get back....only fresh turkey joints from here on in so I can stay in control and know exactly what it is I am eating.
Catch up soon,

Good morning all,

Sorry to hear about your hellish day Katy. Get yourself back on the wagon again, we all have blips, its just harder to be good when your blip turns into a continual mini binge, no matter how 'good' or small the amounts are. I did nibble a bit last night, so today is my back to 100% day, fancy joining me in the challenge of continuing the week as perfect cd'ers? WE CAN DO IT!!! and i know it'll feel so good if i do.

Nicki, you are just so good, you have the most amazing discipline. Enjoy the turkey tonight, its actually one of my favourite meats, but i never have it so i am looking foreward to that. Do you take the skin off to cook it though? I'd have thought it may get dry without all the lovely basting juices.....? Good luck at WI, fingers crossed for you. I have some old nurses uniforms upstairs if you want them..!! (sz16/18, would be a fun 'reward' i s'pose, pm address if want)

DD seems better this morning, temp down and she slept better. Fingers crossed, the worst may be over. Have got the tamiflu in her, strong blackcurrant hi-juice and pineapple juice did the trick!

Hope everyone else is having a good day.

Are you still with us Jess?

Morning, Butterfly (whats your real name? :) Corinne, Nicki & Katy :) xx I am not a night owl usually I get tired but dont go to bed, my OH stays up really late and also once babe is in bed you just want some 'me time' before you know it, it's 11pm .... xx Yeh there very special at this age hahaha love the craving for crisps, pregnancy is evil, I think if we have another I will not eat for the sake of it, it's just not worth it! x but a very enjoyable pregnancy was had! xx Thanks corinne I really hope I do hit my target by xmas, but it doesnt look likely but I am hoping to atleast be 1st 7lbs lighter than my pre pregnancy weight!

Butterfly I am a little cheater sometimes I went away to London for the weekend last weekend with my OH and I had a pizza hut and a puddy but got straight back on it and still lost 4.6lbs good eh, but doesnt mean I will be doing that every week! I swear by the 4l of water a day though xx I am on SS+ what is everyone else on ?

Sorry about your day Katy, I have done First Aid as I am am Health & Safety Manager also at my work.... not that I would remember what to do haa x

Hope everyone has a good day ....it's Friday woo x x

Just needing distraction for a second, reminding myself of my promise 'cos i want to eat!!! In the house all day and really feel like nibbling, you know how sometimes it just gets to you and makes you feel all twitchy. Have cut up peanut bar and thats now gone....:( ( icould murder a few more!!)

I never do Pizza Hut, yet about 6mths ago we went, and i have to say i was not impressed. Actually had a bad stomach after it. Prefer my local kebab/pizza place- not that i'll be going there in a hurry! Having said that, on maintenance surely skewer kebabs and salsd would be ok?

Ok, i am refocused - off to neck a few pints of water xx

Mmmmm Pizza hut...drool drool...my hubby has just gone to get chinese for him and dd while I sit here sipping my water :innocent0002:

Melanie my husband is a H&S manager too, he's just won an award for being fab lol so I'm very proud of him.

Well I'm dog tired, my legs have felt like lead today at work. I might just curl up here on the sofa for the rest of the evening - I've got the weekend off but essays to write :(

Off to blend up a choc mint shake :)

Well my fellow Butterfly chasers, I have just sat down for the evening after cooking the dinner.....(roast turkey and all the trimmings including stuffing and pigs in blankets...trial run for christmas dinner). I was good of course and only had a few slices of turkey (skin off) and some very green vegs to help with the poo push....sorry TMI.

Well now for the good news.....had my WI this morning and guess how much I lost........I lost a whopping 7 & 3/4 lb:wow::talk017::wow:I am so chuffed and pleased. I am reintroducing the turkey this week to my soup and a few green vegs and see what I lose next week, if it slows it right down to a halt again I will SS again...but we'll see!!!

Butterfly, glad your little one has perked up a bit, hope all you girls are being good, as for the uniforms butterfly...I'll pm you after the weekend, I have got to work all weekend starting tonight at 23:00 so off to catch at least 40 winks. Speak soon and all stay focussed,

Hi all, just a quick one. Have pm'd Irene for us.

Wahay Nicki, I'm so impressed hun. Bet that feels fantastic. Half a stone!! I think i'd fall off the scales...Well done, you so deserve that. Enjoy the turkey and veg, it may be then that you need to do the odd week ss to boost things? Have a fantastic shift, you flying in on your angelic wings!!

I'm off for another choc mint too...mmmmm!

Take care xx

aloha!!!!

i really need to control the hand to mouth syndrom i seem to have, i cannot stop munching, it will start healthy, like a boiled egg or a bit of chicken, but then i think well a choccy wont hurt, then it turns into a few bags of choccy and a drink and then some thing else, i have my first WI this month on the 30th, i could do with a full week, just to get into the swing of things, in the 10 weeks ive been on CD i have not had above 4 days 100% i really need to buckle down and do something!!!

any how off to bed now, back at work at 10

speak tomorrow

K x

Good morning all,

Aimimg for 100% day and WILL do it. :D:D:D
Did have a few pieces of chicken out of the curry i made last night, so can't count yesterday. So here i go again, determined that i will do it, at least I'm not going to stop trying! You can do it too Katy- it is so hard to stop that nibbling once its started but it will be so worthwhile. When you think- you are paying approx £160 for the privlidge of not eating, nibbling on tiny amounts and not even losing weight- how ludicrous is that! I was fine and 100% for the first few weeks. Wish i'd never even tasted anything.
Hope everyone has a good day, catch up later xx

Morning all :)

First of all, huuuge congratulations to Nicki on your fantastic loss this week!!! You must be over the moon x

Katy, from experience I know that once you have stuck 100% to SS for a couple of weeks, the cravings will stop. I found it really really hard when DH and DD were scoffing chinese either side of me last night, but I just kept picturing how fab it felt when I could buy size 12 clothes from normal shops. Keep picturing your goal in your mind when you feel like "cheating" - it is incredibly hard I know x

And like Butterfly says - you're paying a hell of a lot of money to do this - that's another thing that makes me continue, I'm too tight to throw my money away :D

I've got the day to myself to do some essay writing, normally I reward myself with something lovely to eat every 500 words lol, a glass of water just doesn't seem the same :rolleyes:

Hello, I'm new here. What do U guys mean by stones??

Hi all,

Just doing the team calculations, can you all check to make sure i've got all your figures right. Will post onto challenge thread tomorrow.

*butterfly* - 6/157 = 3.82%
corinne_j - 1st week -
Nicki-M - 7.75/246.75 = 3.14%
Melanie_x - 4.6/185.6 = 2.48%
specialk - noWI?

Team results - 18.35/589.35 = 3.11%

Hope you're all ok. Stuck to the 100% day so far! Hopefully turned the corner. Speak soon xx

Hi Katy,
From a team challenge perspective its not ideal 'cos we are supposed to be able to put in weekly weights, but to get round it and if you agree i can divide your monthly loss by 4 and then still input them weekly so to keep you in the challenge. So when you have your WI just tell me what you've lost and what your previous weight was before the loss and i'll do the rest.
On the point though, how the heck do you not know your weight from one month to the next? I'm a daily scale hopper so that it just a bizarre concept for me!- I'd worry that if i didn't 'know' how i was doing it would lead to me being more complacent, and not as strict 'cos i've got a month until WI'. Do you only buy your CD on a monthly basis too?

Well, I'm dead chuffed with myself 'cos i stayed 100% yesteray and intend to do the same again today- feel good for it too! Will pop back quickly later just to check challenge results are all accurate. xx

Looks fine to me Butterfly, but then I haven't got a clue...me and maths just don't mix!
Just thought I'd pop on and say hi to everyone and see if we are all being good....back of to work in a little while.
I have had my home cooked turkey every noght since Friday and it is far more filling than that deli stuff...so I definitely think that was affecting the weight loss...we will see on Fridays WI I guess.
Anyway hope we are all munch free and being perfect angels...speak soon,

Hey hey everyone !!

Am I seeing this right we won we won we won :) how great! xx well done fellow butterflies!

Hows everyones weekends going so far? I have been cleaning like mad this weekend and me and OH went shopping and learning how to wean my little babba .... it's not as easy as it look but i will get there probably because I am not the cook in this family so its all new to me but anything for my little dude x x

Hope everyones doing fabulous x

M xx

Back