'Chasing Butterflies' - Team 7

Hi Nova,

Sorry i cross posted then and missed you. Glad to have you on board! OOhhhh, center parks, always fancied there, you lucky thing...good goal to aim for! Pop back later, got to rush to get ready.

Without being too cheeky, I'll just pop on the 'rules' as such. We have had a problem recently where people had joined and not posted or understood the idea of the teams so thought it would clear things up for everyone from the beginning.
Team Rules
A team of up to 6 members, who are following and aiming to lose weight via cd all report their weekly weight loss to their team leader, either on their team thread or via pm.
Every week IreneH posts the challenge thread, normally as a sticky. It is normally on by thursday and runs until sunday, when the results will be collected and the winner announced.
The team leader collects the details of all the team members losses and has to do the following calculation to discover what percentage of weight everyone has lost.
amount of weight lost this week x 100 = ..............%
previous weeks weight
You post on the challenge thread your teams %lost and your 'biggest loser'% of the week. Teams 'compete' to see who can lose the most.
The team needs to have a minimum of 3 members losses reported to be included in the weekly challenge.
Lastly, all team members are encouraged to post as often as they can to be able to give each other support.
I act as team leader currently for the team, so just pm me or post results for the week on here so i can put us in the challenge. I do work every other weekend, so need our results by saturday so i can put the results on by sunday.

The one thing i have had to change is being a bit more firm about participation in the challenge. I think that considering that the whole point of the teams, is to join in this, i will ask that everyone does post their results every week so that we can participate. Doesn't matter if you've gained or sts even, but at least we are all trying and staying in the spirit of things. Taking the advice of another team leader, i think its fair to suggest that if a member does not post for a week after the sunday challenge ends, (and they haven't previously accounted for their absence) they will be reminded via pm and if no response their place on the team will be re-advertised.

Well done on the 5lb, that must feel great, no wonder you're chuffed! If you could pm me, or post on here your weight prior to the 5lb loss i can put you in the challenge. xx

Good morning butterflies - and what a good morning it is too! I've just had my first WI and lost 9lbs!!!! Yippeeeeee :D I'm very pleased lol

Melanie don't get too despondent with your WI this week - I found that on the couple of occasions I had a low loss, I had a huge loss the week after to make up for it. Stick at it!

Nicki I sooo agree with you about CD making you antisocial! I avoid most social occasions for the reasons you said, it's a bit grim, but in the grand scheme of things, not for long! And worth it in the end x

Hello Nova, my fellow restarter! Well done on your first few weeks losses :) Shall we make this the last time we restart CD? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Have a great day everyone - good luck with your WI butterfly x

Well done Corinne - fantastic first week!! :clap: :clap: :clap:puts you in the mood to carry on, doesn't it!

I'm looking forward to being able to go out for a meal, not that we do it often anyway, but just to be able to would be nice- or not to be the only completely sober one on nights out!

Had crap WI, as expected, gained 1lb....:( But i have discovered that apparently coffee, even decaff, dos not count in the water intake for the day, and although i suspected as much, i have definately not taking in what i should. Also a low GI book i'm reading suggests caffeine also impacts on insulin production and in turn can alter losses, do screwed up on that too! So, its mainly decaff from now on, with heaps of water and no nibbles! Have started putting together a list of recipes for 810,(taken off minis) so to get prepared, if anyone wants a copy pm me your e-mail, as i think its too long to put on here.

Off to glug water, do DD's lunch and get busy. Got hectic day ahead, its my moms b'day and going to cook for her and have yet to sort out her pressie! xx

Hi all,
Nova welcome to our friendly team and congratulations on your 5 lb weight loss this week that is fantastic.
Corrine....way to go girl....that is excellent!!
Butterfly...never mind....I know exactly how that feels...but just climb back on that horse girl!!!
Anyway just popped on to be nosey really and I'll be back later, speak soon,

Hey, just popped on to say Ive read and understand butterfly! I will PM you my details when i reach 50 posts.

Had a hectic day, just doing the tea for the family, then off to work till 0115am, but will be able to read some more posts and make a more valuable contribution!

Corinne..... I blummin hope this is the last time, think i've lost all my weight already twice!!!

Hello lovelies, thankyou so much for your kind words of support! I am really starting to love the new team I am in :gen126: !!

Well done on your losses girlies you have done us proud :D (and made up for my crap weightloss this week haha) however I have been good since weigh in I always am when I have a crap week! x x

Welcome Nova :) xx

Butterfly me and you will pick ourselves up this week I can guarentee ....heres to good results next week ;) x I am off out with a couple of my girls this evening, Salad all the way ladies woohoo x ....out tomorrow too ... Salad all the way then also, hope everyones had/having a fabulous Wednesday xxx

Morning guys!

Had about 4hrs sleep, so feeling GREAT lol. Got in from work about 1.30am, and Little one wet the bed at about 4. He used to get into our bed and I got on the sofa, till the am when I sort it out, but I was so tired last night I folded a double duvet on the floor and put him down on that! Mind, I did pay for it when he woke up before 7.. YAWN.

Anyway, C (little one) has been asking to go to Ikea for the past 3 days, promised we would go on Tues and he hasn't forgot about it so think am going to head off down there soon. My favourite meatballs will be there, but feeling quite strong at the moment, don't think it will bother me. Think I'm well and truly in ketosis, which is good. It takes me a good ten days to get properly in, it is like torture, so that is enough to put me off cheating at the moment!

Hope everyone had a good positive day, for once I'm actually enjoying the half term and zipping here and there, C has been a really good boy too this week.

Ciao for now x

Hi all,
Sorry been awol for a bit, off visiting folks which has been lovely.
Nova, you finish work at a wierd time - what do you do? Feel for you with the minimal sleep, the clocks changing have just screwed up what little routine we had around sleep times. I have to confess i haven't been brave enough to tackle nappy free nights and she still has nappy pants, they are sometimes dry so i think she's heading that way naturally... the thought of piddly bed changing in the middle of the night just puts me off. She already comes into bed with me at 4-5am, couldn't face any earlier!
I love ikea, but have to avoid going too often 'cos i just buy a load of stuff i don't need really, or start dreaming of room revamps which is not on my agenda!
Well done on being good Melanie, I will not talk of my major blips now, as i have had a 100% day so intend to look forward and keep going. Was out of ketosis though i suspect so will be getting the big freeze again soon, joy...! Have had 4litres of water today, using a litre bottle and filling it up, so i can't cheat myself into thinking i've had enough. Also having mainly decaff coffee. Are you on 810 Melanie?
Hope everyone else is well, enjoying losing those pounds! Off to have a choc/mint and watch 'flashforward'. Speak soon xx

Hi everyone,

Woke up pondering my cd journey and feeling a bit worried. (I'm being good- its not a blip!) Its just that as i get closer to being slim, i'm getting worried about if i can do this? I know that sound nuts 4+stone down, but its more about the long term maintenance. I've been poping on and reading some maintenance threads and come to realise that we are doing the easiest bit of this diet - the fact that we are aiming towards something makes it more focused. I have never been a stable weight, always either gaining or losing. I know that i will forever have to watch what i eat, count calories/GI, to make sure i don't fall back into my usual way of eating (too much!). I'm just a bit freaked at it all- do you think it is really possible to change all those bad habits long term...? I don't want this to be 'just another diet' which i fail at and have to add to my long list of previous screw ups.
Sorry, don't mean to put dampener on everyone but just wondering what the rest of you are planning to do to maintain?
Will take mind off it for a bit and work out the challenge results so far, 'cos i'm in work the next few nights. xx

Good luck for WI Nicki.
Results so far...

*butterfly* ...............+1 (158)
corinne_j ......................9/228 = 3.94%
devilishandsweet ....7.5/316 = 2.37%
Nicki-M ..........................?/239 =
Nova .....................................5/? =
Melanie_x ...................1.2/181 = 0.66%
Team results ......................... / =

Looking great again this week team! :DWell done to everyone.. promise i'll contribute next week...:rolleyes:
Still with two more results to go in aswell......fingers crossed for us. I'll be amazed if you don't get biggest loser Corinne, thats an astounding result. Can i also just say a special well done to Claire, thats a fantastic comeback after the problems you've faced recently.
Just need your previous/current weight Nova to do your %, if you want it to remain anonymous thats fine, just pm me.

Hugs to all, Lorna xx

Just thought I'd pop on quick to let you all know my results of WI this morning.......well I lost a whopping 5 & 3/4 lb:wow::talk017::wow:that is 1/2 a lb shy of a stone in a fortnight......I have just 1 & 1/4 lb til' I reach my 6 stone mark....I am so happy....definitley break the 6 stone barrier next week and am now in the next stone down......sorry to gloat but so so soooo pleased with myself....Butterfly I reckon you were right about the turkey...I have stuck to home cooked joints of turkey this week and just look at the results I am having.....fan..dabby..dozy.

Anyway must dash off now...bloody washing machine has packed up and I have washing coming out of my ears...off to the launderette to see if I can pick up a hunky man in just his boxers......only joking wouldn't do that to my lovely better half..love him too much.....even after 22 years bless him!!!!

Be back for another gloat later...hope you girls are all behaving...speak soon,

Evening everyone!

A huuuge well done for your amazing loss this week Nicki - v impressed! You do right to gloat :D

Lorna I know what you mean about maintenance. Last time I did CD I was determined that I would never put myself through it again, and once I was slim I would stay that way. Fast forward 18 months and here I am again :cry:

I went back to my old bad habits after finishing CD, and surprise surprise the weight soon piled back on. Rather than nipping it in the bud, I just thought "well I've put on weight now, might as well just give up and be fat" - mad I know

This time I am determined that I will maintain - I'm going to try to follow a low GI diet most of the time with a little of what I fancy now and again! I def think maintenance is the hardest part :sigh:.

Anyhow on a happier note, I've spent the day at the seaside, and NOT had the fish/chips/ice cream/donuts that my family were happily shovelling down lol. I'm finding this week easier, I think it's now I've got back into the swing of things, and have had a good result that's encouraging me to carry on :)

Hope you're all having a good day x

Hi all,

Wat to go Nicki, that is just amazing, :wow::wow::wow:had a feeling you'd pull a blinder this week. Notice how the small loss/ big loss pattern has disappearred now. Really does make you wonder what the hell could be in that pre-packed stuff! You have a right to gloat till your hearts content. You;ll be at goal quicker than you thought at this rate.

I'm hopin to do GI mainly too Corinne, basically because it is simply a medically healthy way to live longer term, and i would like my kids to learn the right way, as the 'norm'. I just know that breaking the habits of a lifetime is going to be hell, i still can easily binge on carbs, sugars, fats... i'd love to think that eventually i can retrain myself to not want that stuff.

Well done on resisting temptation, it may be hard, but it feels so much better long term doesn't it! I'm glad to report i remain 100% and i am hitting my water quota too. At work till 8am, so will glug plenty and lurk on here. My patients are all in bed, so i have little left to do to fill a whole night.

Will post results on challenge, looking good for us! Well done Corinne..you are this weeks biggest loser! xx

*butterfly* ...............+1 (158)
corinne_j ......................9/228 = 3.94%
devilishandsweet ....7.5/316 = 2.37%
Nicki-M ...................5.75/239 = 2.41%
Nova ...........................5lb loss = 1.69%
Melanie_x .................1.2/181 = 0.66%
Team results .........28.45 loss= 2.26%

Last edited:
Hi Ladies!

Nice to see that everyone has been doing well this week! I think we have another good chance of winning this weeks challenge again! WOO HOOOOO.

Update on my situation.......doc said that he did not see no reason why I should not go on holiday so I've decided to go! It will be a bit awkward but I figured.....What the hell I NEED a holiday! :)

Still chugging on with the diet, but for some reason the scales have not moved???????? I think it's because I lost the 15lbs due to not eating much and now I'm consuming more calories than I was......If that makes sense!?

Here's to a great day to us all!

Oh yes and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Egypt here you come then, you lucky thing. I am sooooo jealous. Lets face it, the most you have to do is lift an arm to apply a bit of suncream, or shade your eyes from the glare of the sun on the beautiful warm blue sea........Better still, get your mate to help with the suncream! Are you going to eat?

Heres hoping those scales start moving for you, you've got a bit till WI day haven't you? When's the next one?

Dead quiet night at work, more tiring than when busy. Off for a chocmint and bed...zzzzz. Have a good day all, keep focused and enjoy any halloween fun- minus any sweeties..!:(

Morning guys,

Well done everyone on their losses!

OOOOO Egypt, I love Egypt, I have been to Luxor. Have you been before? You will have a great time.

I have to confess... I had a few vodkas and coke zero last night. I had a lovely day yesterday with my friends and Son at the National Media Museum in Bradford, and the good day carried on lol. Lesson learnt, I felt rubbish this am, didn't even get a kick off the vodka, so i'm not doing that again. Feel peed off but don't regret it, I had to get it out of my system, cos it wold have tormented me otherwise. Put a lb on this am so I really need to chug some water today. I don't use urine sticks so will see how hungry I am today to test whether I'm out of ketosis or not.

Happy Hallowe'en! We have got a party at 3.30pm so think am just going to chill this am. It's been a busy week and my house looks neglected- but think it will stay that way at least for today!

Hope you are all having a good weekend xx

Hello ladies, I am sorry to have to do this but I have decided to leave CD, finding SS+ quite tough this week however I have other reasons too, my baby is being weaned and I would like to cooke proper meals for the family, he is going into Nursery soon and I could do with saving the extra money as it isnt cheap (specially when all you get is maternity pay) and xmas is coming so i have had to make a decision really, my only problem is that i am not sure where to go from here, eating wise especially, I am proud I have ditched 2.7st and its a great start I just need to shift the rest in my own time I guess, so lots of healthy eating and setting good examples for my baby :) xx I think you have all done fantastic and I hope your journeys continue really sucessfully, my sadness is that I didnt get to know my new team well as its been such a short time, I do hope you all understand and I wish you all the luck in the world xx

Love me x x

Evening!

Mel, what a shame :( I do know what you mean about the cost though, nursery costs are extortionate! You've done fantastically well so far, just don't go back to old habits and put it back on - been there done that, it's not good! Have fun cooking healthy meals knowing you're giving your baby a fab start x Good luck x

I've just been out trick or treating (with my daughter not on my own lol) then back to a friends for hotdogs/cakes/cookies - but not for me! I stayed on the water again :D But the best bit is one of my friends who I haven't seen for a couple of weeks, and doesn't know I'm dieting, asked if I'd lost weight :p

Mel, so sorry to see you go, but completely understand. You need to think about whats best for you and your family. I have a load of low GI books and that style of eating plan just makes sense to me, and is a healthy start for your LO. Good luck finding a plan that suits you, you have achieved so much, I'm sure with determination you can get to where you want to be. Feel for you with the nursery fee thing, can you get support through your work with this? Many companies are part of the 'busy bee' scheme, where your nursery fees can be taken straight out of your wages, (or your OH's) then you do not pay tax or NI on this amount so it can save you a bit of money.

Well done for resisting temptation corinne, i normally love bonfire/halloween grub (jackets, sausages etc.) but we're not doing anything this year so not tempted.

Had almost no sleep today, just too awake, and kept needing to pee! Must cut down the coffee tonight....At work now till 8am so will pop back later. xx

Hey!

Got til monday for the scales to move..........and this morning still no movement :) But it better than a gain I spose!

Hi Nova- Yes I have been to Egypt before, I went to Sharm but going to Hurghada this time! I don't usually go back to the same place as I like to try new places but I really liked Egypt so decided to go back but to another resort! I am looking forward to it, but a bit apprehensive.....but I'm sure I will be fine :)

On another note though........I brought a £3 pack of haribo sweets for the trick or treaters last night and not bloody one came! Usually I'm not prepared and this year when I am, no bugger turns up LOL

Here's to a great day for us all! x

Back