'Chasing Butterflies' - Team 7

hi all hope its ok for me to join your wonderful team?
just to introduce myself im Laura, 26 im on day 5 and finding it all going well (so far!) did the diet back in june for 4 weeks and lost nearly 2 stone. cant believe i gave up! Looking back now people who started the same time as me are 4/5/6 stone down!! there is no stopping me now now very determined.
Nice to meet you all anyway im taking the opportunity to have a lazy day in bed catching up with all my tv...the weather is dreadful here!
xx

Hi Laura and Welcome!

Glad to have you on board hun. Sorry you find yourself in the restarting position, it must be hard to think of where you would have been. You've got the right outlook though, put it behind you and move on, this time you CAN see it through to the end and be where you want to be! You know this diet works where others fail- so well done for coming back. I will pm you the 'team rules' so you get an idea of what to expect. You can pm me or post your weight and losses on here, if you chose to pm me i will presume you want your weight to remain 'anonymous', and will just post your loss and % unless you tell me otherwise.

I never believed in a million years i could have lost 4.5 stone and be this slim. (not that i quite feel it yet- my head is not caught up yet!) Feel free to ask anything, we're a friendly bunch and will try to help however possible. Post on bad days as well as good, we all know what its like to screw up and feel crap, and hopefully us and minis can help you stay on track longer term.

Had rubbish sleep again after the night shift, DD finishing lunch and we are off to a local market for a wander. Although its sunny, i suspect we could get blown away by the wind!

Good luck for Monday Claire, it is disappointing when they stick- have you been really good?;) If so thats even worse.....feel for you. Still, you keep at it and you know it'll come off eventually. Chin up hun.

Pop back later to see how you are all doing, and check out how we did in the challenge- fingers crossed! Hugs to all xx

Back again, as promised, but i'm all alone......:cry: Anyway, looks like we are the only entry into this weeks challenge, so yeay for us!:D

Hope all well? Struggling with the water as i slept till 12 then have been out. Can only glug so much in the evenings. Cooked roast chicken dinner, it killed me to be good. It was so much easier when i was at work, my OH and DD were over at my folks therefore i didn't have food to tempt me!

Off now to chill for the night. Take care xx

Hi Laura!

Welcome to the team! Well done for making the decision to give CD a go again! I have also been on CD since June and could of lost more weight than I have ( probably another couple of stone ) as I've had a few 'blips' on the way! But I see it as I have realised what I've done wrong and rather than thinking 'I can't be bothered anymore' I have put it all down to experience.

Well done for the team winning the challenge this week! Eventhough it seems ( as stated by butterfly ) that we were the only ones to enter! But a win is a win! LOL

Weigh in today for me, lets see how it goes? I have been 100% so I hope I would of lost at least some!

Anyways, have a great day Ladies! x

Morning Ladies,

Welcome to the team Laura, hope you enjoy getting to know us!

Well done butterfly for resisting the sunday roast, i'm not really sure I could, hence no roasts in this house while i'm on this diet.

Really struggled after my vodka incident, was hungry all weekend, but think I have got through it (finger crossed)

MiniNova is off school for a training day today, so will be going for an adventure at some point, lots of walking to tire us both out.

Have a good day ladies!

thank you all for your kind words... im gonna have a curl up on the sofa with my water and porrdge and read this thread from the beginning!

had a good weekend, it was hard yesterday with the aroma of roast dinner wafting around the house but i stayed good and managed to resist.

its my first wi tomorrow i am nervous a bit gutted as totm arrived yesterday so will no doubt affect the scales?

after wi im going to see the michael jackson film have any of you seen it? i re-activated my cineworld account so for £13 a month i get to see as many films as i want. Although no doubt i'll struggle walking past the pocorn, ice-creams and yummy sweets. O well from week 3 i can have bars so ill make sure i take one with me alond with my water.

just a quicky... im back with the same cdc as before, the last time i saw her before giving up i had to purchase 2 weeks supplies as she was going on holiday unfortunately the day after i gave up so still have the shakes hanging about...i know my cdc wont mind me using them i was going to only buy 14 a week for the next few weeks and use them up that way... my prob is they're all shakes and i cant stand them im a porridge girl through and through 3 a day... i could probably hold my breath whilst swallowing them down but i really do enjoy my warm porridge. Do you reckon she could swap them for me? i did get them off her in the first place. I just feel bad but then i think im going to be doing this for a long time so she will be making a lot of money outta me!....

butterfly-since july you have lost 4.5 stone wow thats amazing thank you for all your advice xx

claire- your loss is fantastic if i'd have stuck to plan 1st time round i'd be so happy with your 4stone loss. the main thing is you got back on it that shows your determination!! how have you got on @ wi? xx

Nova- just seen your losses they were exactly same as mine 1st time round i remember that feeling how fantastic i felt well done hun xx

up to page 13 now lol, very very interesting reading. well done to you all. Unfortunately im off to work now start @ 3pm and wont be back till after 10pm. May pop on later to keep reading posts if not i'll sure to be back tomorrow arvo with my weight loss.
Bye
xx

Well done team and Corinne- we won AGAIN!!!:D:D:D Ok, it doesn't quite have the same feeling when you are in it alone, but our stats nontheless were impressive, so i'm sure we'd have batted off any competition. ;)

Hope WI has gone ok Claire, you've done all that you can so fingers crossed....How on earth you manage to avoid scale hopping is beyond me, that would take more willpower for me than not eating!!

I have to confess to a tiny blip, i had a very small amount of lean cooked chicken, and licked my finger of coleslaw. But not going to be too harsh cos its less than an 810meal and theres no way it would affect my ketosis. Hadn't had my shakes/soup/bar at all and was just hungry whilst i prepered tea. Ok it probably wasn't 'real' hunger, but it was in my head and wouldn't go....:eek:

Hope you enjoyed your adventure Nova. We did nothing so exciting.

DD at pre-school so we did a fast shop afternoon without her. Have decided to make xmas presents this year, going to do hampers for the adults and fill with loads of homemade jam, chutneys, pickles, cakes, sauces, and lots of other lovely stuff. Well thats the intention...so been out pricing and getting bottling equipment. Never done it before so should be fun, i'm looking forward to it.

Laurie, you must be nuts trawling the past few months on here, although i s'pose i'm as bad for it.... I will therefore apologise for the amount of crap that i waffle on about. Minis is my cd lifeline and helps keep me on track (sometimes...!:rolleyes:) Not seen the film, and have to say it doesn't appeal, not a fan. Never get to the cinema, last time was about 4+ yrs!
Sure your cdc will swap them for you, it'd be pretty mean not to. Have to say, i cannot stomach the porridge (i love 'normal' stuff), just found it way too gritty and didn't like flavour. I was disappointed as i'd hoped i'd like it, and get to 'eat'. Good luck with the WI, sure it'll be great despite the totm, do you not weigh in between either???

Hope everyone else ok, I'm off to watch flashforward now. Hapy losing xx

Hi everyone x

Just another flying visit - all I seem to do at the mo is work loooooong shifts and write essays :sigh: Hey ho, only one more week left on placement then I've got lots of time off! Hurrah :D

I've just been for my WI, one day early this week, and have lost 5lbs! So that's a stone in 2 weeks. Can't really complain can I :D The amount of chocs knocking around at work have been unbelievable this week, a massive box of Thorntons premium selection was brought in last night, and took will power of steel to ignore, I can tell you!

Well done Laurie.....1 stone is fantastic...keep up the good work!
Corinne well done too...5 lb is amazing!

Butterfly...I'm with you on the porridge thing....Love ordinary porridge but cannot stand the CD version...yuk!!

I have told everyone this year that we won't be buying any Christmas presents....not that I'm mean or anything, but I just think it is a total waste of time and money for just one day, I always make up hampers every year for my Dad and my Inlaws and it is so fun putting them together...I always end up spending a fortune though...totted it up last year and my Inlaws hamper was over £120 worth...so this year I have decided to make everyone a Christmas cake...I have 5 to make and have bought all the ingredients already...which cost a small fortune...but I just think something handmade personally is more appreciated than a shop bought gift that no thought has gone into. I love making cakes and things anyway and can't wait to get started....just have to remember to have a damp teatowel to hand as it is virtually impossible to make a cake without licking the mixture from your fingers...hee!! hee!!
We are not having Christmas this year...unless by some miracle I get to goal by then! I am working all over Christmas anyway from Christmas Eve, I am working both Christmas and Boxing Day....can't not really as I get a £350 bonus for each of the 3 days plus double time....will earn approx £1900 for just those 3 days and am so skint at the moment...then I am working from the 28th Dec right through to New Year when I will get another bonus. So I guess Christmas can wait until the New Year...or maybe we will just have Christmas at Easter...I hope to be done with CD by then....fingers crossed!!!
Anyway hope all you gals being angelic and good....speak soon,

Wow laura.. a stone! you must be dead chuffed, keep going girlie!

Corinne, 5lbs is fab too! xx

Went back to college today (am training to be a social worker) OMG, I have just been given assignment after assignment, so I'm going to be one busy girl right up until xmas. Have got shed loads to do. Its all interesting though so I suppose that makes it easier. 3 presentations too!

Gosh all that is giving me a headache. By the way butterfly, I work part time as an emergency medical technician. That why my hours can be screwed up!

well back to it, keep glugging everyone, we surely must win next week too with lauras and corinnes monster losses!

Way to go girls!!

Hi all,

Well done Corinne and Laura!! :happy036:You both must be over the moon. They are amazing losses, you truly must have been angelic! :innocent0002: It certainly makes me want to do a FULL 100% week with no munchies at all and see what I can achieve. Having said that, I have been 100% bar the nibble on chicken but the scales have not moved much, maybe 2lb. Think i must have knocked myself out of ketosis last week, and then i have just had my totm arrive which i s'pose may not help.:(. Another 100% day though, so well on the way to regaining my wings..!

Fair play on the SW training Nova, will you do AMHP training as part of that? My collegues doing it, and its so not fun. I used to hate presentations with a passion, poor you.

Corinne, your placement ward sounds nice, we never got many goodies on my previous ward, mind you, most of the patients didn't want to be there so can't say I'd blame them!

Nicki, i thought about doing mini christmas cakes, would now be a good time to do them? Anyone know if I'm too late to do pickled onions? I'm hoping to save money......getting worried my 'frugal' approach of hampers may not work out as such. Oh well, sure they'll like them anyway.

Busy tomorrow, had to change WI to thur morning, but at least thats an extra day to lose! Hope everyone feeling good!
Take care xx

Well done Nova...that's fantastic!!
I have got to have my WI tomorrow instead of Friday this week as my CDC has to go out on Friday...not holding out much hope for more than a lb as I am severely constipated again and am bleeding again (ongoing problem I have where I have been bleeding constantly for 6 years). Been to Dr's this morning as I have been taking tablets to stop the bleeding...but for some reason it just won't stop...think it is CD related...GP said to increase the dose to see whether that helps...not holding out much luck for that either...but just need a reprieve from this constant bleeding....had a 3 day reprieve over the weekend then Tuesday it was back with a vengence....it is playing serious havoc with my SEX life which I am most upset about...have taken to sleeping on the sofa occassionally to help with the frustration...sorry for the TMI but just needed to vent about it again.!!!
I can't believe that my GP had never heard of CD so couldn't tell me whether CD was making my problem worse or not.....I just hope I can stick at it for as long as I can...I do not want to jeopordise the weight loss in any way...shape or form...and if it means bleeding til' goal then so be it.
Anyway enough rambling from me...hope you are all being angelic this week..speak soon,

Isn't it funny how CD affects our bodies? I suppose its not good really... I haven't been on since I started, think I've missed a whole TOTM out. This did happen before when I was on CD so not worried, and to be pg would be a small miracle. I would have some serious questions from the OH lol.
Hope it gets sorted soon x

Well done Nova, another great loss again! :D :D :D I ask you, what other diet can you possibly get these losses on..... i just love cd. Out visiting family today and they're all so impressed and all want to lose weight but have either tried cd and give in after a week, or can't quite bring themselves to do it! I can understand that, its a huge decision, but can't help but want to scream at them 'JUST DO IT!!'
Poor you Nicki, hope the bleeding does stop soon- it would be hell if it continued till the end of cd, and I'm sure your back may start to protest at the sofa ;)! Seriously though, i do feel for you and OH. Did the tablets help pre cd then? Yet aren't now..? Wonder if it would be worth trying cd head office, see if their medical team can advise more specifically of effects of cd on menstruation, may help your GP aswell?

Off to WI tomorrow morning too, doesn't look like a huge amount, so bit disappointed.(sorry Nicki, don't want to seem insensitive but.....) totm has arrived, thought it was due as mu OH started to ask me if i was OK as i'd been a bit 'wierd' and 'off' at times, not like usual self. Funny how i never notice it coming, i have never checked my cycle. I'll be honest, i used to think pmt was something invented by naggy women to blame for their moods, as i'd never ever had it, nor knew many sufferers. (but had been on the pill all my adult life virtually) It was only after stopping pill, then having DD that i realised it wasn't just made up! I can have some rotton months, but i have to say, they have been much better since on cd. Still, i'll continue 100% and it will all add up i's sure....

Hope you all have a lovely evening, and continue to be good tomorrow. Our goals do creep closer one day at a time after all..:)!xx

Hi all,
Butterfly the tablets I am taking worked like a dream before I was on CD and gave me a much needed break for a few months at a time...but can only take them for blocks of 3 months....before CD...last November took them in a 3 month block and worked like magic...in fact I was in hospital in January when I was taking the last months cycle and then didn't have a period until May so stopped it completely for 4 months...then it started again and hasn't stopped at all really since then...I started CD in May....I am in agony tonight..have severe stomach cramps which is unusual as don't normally get pain with it at all and I am still really constipated....I can't work out if the cramps are due to the bleeding or the constipation...unfortunately I always get constipated when I am having a heavy bleed. I can't understand why I just can't go...I have been pumping the sprouts and broccolli into me like its going out of fashion and that normally makes me at least a once a day girl, but no, still nothing. I hope this bleeding stops soon as it has made me anaemic 3 times before in the past and that would be a disaster...as there is no way my GP will allow me to continue with CD if that happens....I already feel worn out and knackered and spent all of this afternoon asleep!
Maybe take your advice and send CD head office an email and ask for some advice..if they have any.
Anyway sorry for the rant again...I'm off to rant to CD HQ now, speak soon and all stay good,

Nicky- i really do feel for you, for the last yr i have started to have 'proper' totm's... i too used to bleed constantly but i was too scared to go to the dr. I just used to grin and bare it and wave good bye to any sex life i did have! It was very embarassing and quite expensive having to buy towels all the time!
I never got any period pains though literally just bleeding not a lot but enough for me to worry.
his went on for nearly two years but luckily for me tho just over a yr ago when i got down to around 18 stone my period came back (with a vengance)... thats 1st one was unbareable i thought i was going to die or need a blood transfusion! But since then i have been pretty regular no inbetween bleeding just once a month.
I know its not the same as what you're going through but i do know to an extent what you're going for.
Now i can go swimming and not have to worry. I really do hope you get somehing sorted.
This week i had totm, it was my 1s week on CD i didnt expect to lose much due to bein heavy , how did i manage a stone ? i haven't a clue lol...

Nova-well done on 4lb's... you must feel great am i right you've lost nearly 2 stone in a month thats fantastic, what are you favourite meals? i cant wait to have a bar every day next week! ummm peanut is my favourite my cdc gave me a sneaky one this week which i took to the cinema. I really enjoyed having something to chew on, yummy!

Butterfly- sending lots of good luck for your wi today i have just noticed you are very near to target you have done soooooo well and are an inspiration to a lot of people. The diet really does work!

So im doing good, still having my 3 porridges a day until i can introduce a bar next week. Having about 2.5 lt's of water a day its all i can manage.... last night i got some of the marigold bouillon from sainsburys. I've been told this is near enough the same as the CD veg flavouring, and most cdc recommend the supermarket one as its only £1.69 as opposed to £6 from cdc.
You can have one spoonfull a day so i had it last night before bed it was delicious just like having a cuppa soup felt like a treat! I would really recommend it...

Im on a weeks holiday now, not up to much just having a chill out week. been told i have to take it wasy and no excersise for a couple of weeks im taking the opportunity to be very lazy and watch dvd's and completely relax. Its not often i get the chance so im gonna over indulge.
I hope everyone is ok,
take care
love
Laura
xxx

Well girls,
I have just come back from my WI...1 day early I hasten to add and I have lost a very unexpected 2 & 1/2 lb..I wasn't expecting to lose anything due to my constipation and bleeding probs at the moment. I am absolutely chuffed to be honest!

I was so desperate to go to the loo last night that at midnight I took a trip to Tesco's in my PJ's to get some senakot....took it about half an hour later....expecting for it to do its magic by morning....but no..nothing.......until about an hour ago.....WHAT A RELIEF!!!! Sorry for the TMI.
I also sent HQ an email last night about my probs and they have emailed back to say that they suggest I move up to a much higher plan whilst this bleeding is going on...well no way jose! I would have to be dying on deaths door before I even contemplate that....they want to contact my CDC and discuss it...well they can discuss away as far as I'm concerned...I refuse to move up unless I am severely anaemic...and I will know when I am as I have been there 3 times before in the past.
Hope you are all being really good girls and are not nibbling...speak soon,

Back