'Chasing Butterflies' - Team 7

WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY!!! I have eventually reached a HEALTHY BMI!! To say i am ecstatic would be an understatement. I am on cloud 9 and fell like a cheshire cat.:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss: As you can guess my WI went amazingly well, my period came and the weight that seemed to have been stubborn all week fell off! I lost 5lb which amazed me (and made me cry....:eek:) It took my total loss to 4st 12lb, and at 10st7lb and 5ft 4.5inches that puts me at 24.9BMI. This is the first time i can recall in my adult life being classed as 'healthy' in this sense. Keep thinking its not real and someones going to wake me up soon.

I remember posting at the beginning, but in my head i never really believed i could be one of those that ever gets to say this, or share such news/fit in size 12. It was one of those things that happens to other people. Just goes to show, if i can do it, anyone can.... Have your blips and bad days, but persevere and you can get what you want. Could never have done it without minimins and our team, so thankyou to everyone for all their help and support. Not that I'm going anywhere yet....!

Still got to get to target yet; initially set at 10st, but now i'm this close, i think i may want to try for a bit lower and get in size 10. Will just take it as it comes now and review it once at 10stone, see what to do then. Will no doubt be driving you all mad now as i get freaked by it all and learn to eat again. On that note, i will now be doing 810, and have just had my first meal! :eat:
Tin of tuna mixed with vinegar, herbs, spices and a bit of fat free dressing and a bit of salad. Only problem is; the tuna was only 130g once drained, and you're supposed to have 260g. But i am stuffed! Cannot imagine eating any more. Do you have the full amounts Nicki? Been shopping and bought some stuff and have my 810 recipe list at hand... I'm so excited!

Sorry for the really long waffle, I'm just so happy. Hope you feel better soon Nicki, was cd helpful? Enjoy your chill day Laura. At work tonight so just going for a snooze and I'll catch up with all later. Hugs to all, hope everyone else is OK? Lorna xx

Sorry Nicki, cross posted there, LOL at you running round tesco in PJ's, glad you are relieved of your burden at last!! Well done on the loss hun, like you say thats fantastic given everything else that your body is doing at the moment! Don't blame you for not moving up, wild fire wouldn't have forced me to do it before i wanted to- i'd have just lied.....;)! Off to snooze xxxx

Hi girls,

Where is everyone? Hope you are all well and being good.

I have my angel wings intact and am loving 810! :DAlthough i am struggling to cope with the portion sizes and fitting in all my packs aswell. Mixed quorn mince with grated courgette, celery and mushroom with herbs and tandoori mix, cooked with pkt of tomato soup and then topped with cottage cheese and herbs. It was delicious, but very filling, and i made enough for 2 meals so thats today sorted too!

Have done everyones results this week, ready for Sunday.

*butterfly* ..................5/152 = 3.29%
corinne_j ......................5/219 = 2.28%

devilishandsweet ........?/301 = %
Laurie ..........................14/247 = 5.67%
Nicki-M ...............2.5/233.25 = 1.07%

Nova .............................4lb loss = 1.38%
Team results .........30.5lb loss= 2.67%

All looking good everyone - well done. I think we can safely say the crown of shrinking sits firmly with Laura this week! Still gobsmacked by that one!

How did WI go Claire, are you in this week? Hope you are ok hun?

Off to slurp a soup. Take care xx

Hi everyone, hope you're all ok? what are you all up to this weekend?...

i had a busy day yesterday visiting friends and running errands. I did go on quite a long walk maybe 40-45mins up and down hills threw muddy parks...it was great normally i hate walking my feet ache back hurts but had non of them problems yesterday... will have to start walking some more me thinks!

off to the cinema tonight to see 'a christmas carole'...will take my water with me but its times like this that really test me. when everyone is eating yummy goodies thats when my best mate willpower really needs to be there for me!

aww yesterday i booked flights to spain for next july, i go every year with my aunt who has her own place... next yr i plan to be @ goal and cant wait to shop for holiday clothes. thats my incentive now i need to lose this weight for my holiday...

whats everyone planning on doing @ xmas this yr. i have made the decision to come off the diet for a few days. i cant not eat on xmas day!... i've decided to not go on the scales to see how much i've gained...but just go straight onto a ss week ans see what i way after that!? i dont know if that is the right thing to do but thats my intentions anyway...

Nicky---well done on ur loss must be great feeling when ur not expecting to lose and you do!!

Lorna--- your 5lb loss is fab, cant imagine what its like being a healthy bmi what an achievement. your meals sound lush, are you enjoying it. must feel strange being aloud to eat xxx

Hi all, just managed to crawl out of bed. Think i slept through my alarm, which bugs me cause thats half my day off gone. Good on you for the walk Laura, we started the odd trek up hills not long ago and it was amazing to actually do it and not feel like death! Good to have a holiday for goal. how exciting. Going to have another great day, hoping to have gone out for a bike ride, but its peeing down with rain. Have come downstairs and my house is gorgeously tidy and clean and my OH has bought me flowers! What a babe, and a very happy day! Hugs to all xx

Hi all,

I STS this week, which I was sort of expecting anyway!

I'm glad to see everyone is doing well. I've been a busy bee this week, well as busy as I can be with this bloomin shoulder!

Off to Egypt in a few days....but I will try and come on here beforehand. Wanted to lose another 7lbs before I went really but, being it's in 3 days time, i don't think I will be hitting that!

But on the brighterside at least I'm going a little lighter than I was on my last Holiday!

Hi all, just a quick hello to you all before i go to relax. Hope you have fab time on hols Claire, I am so envious, the thought of sun after all his bloody rain is so appealing. Hope you manage to avoid a huge gain, but i'm sure with determination you'd get it off again.

Useless food day, didn't get chance to cook as so busy making pickles/chutneys so just nibbled on a bit of chicken drumstick- silly fool. Tomorrow will be better as i'm at work. Felt terrible this morning, bloated after stacking all my meals/shakes inthe evening, won't do that again.

Hope you're all ok and doing well xx

Hi all just a quick hello, how are we all have you had a gr8 weekend?
I had 2nd weigh in today and have lost 4lb. Thats 18lb in 2 weeks am well pleased. Although finding diet very hard and last couple of days i've ate! Not much at all just some chicken a a couple of slices of roast beef naughty me. Im hoping to get back on track tomorrow :)

will write again soon
take care
xx

Well done Laurie, thats a fab loss- :D :D :D Do any of you treat yourself when you have done well? I've read how so many minimins users go and buy make-up or other non-food stuff when they have gotto a certain target. I've never got into that sort of thing yet, but would love to! Oh, to be one of those euro millions winners! (not the poor sod who dropped out the syndicate the week before though!)
Had good day today, just ate meal of thai spiced chicken kebab, wilted greens with spices with a oriental chilli soup sauce, yum....Its a pain in the butt to have to think about cooking for self again, but at the same time it feels good. Not expecting loss this week,(WI at 9.30am tomorrow) as have eaten supermarket chicken, bad..... and licked several spoons when jam making, even worse... Not too bothered though as its enough to just get back into eating again.
Join me in getting back on track then Laurie? Heres to another good week. x x

WI today and i lost 1lb, which i am reasonably happy with considering the week. Happier to continue with 810 now and feel more focused and 'into' it. Need to space out my shakes etc a bit more though. Am so tired as DD woke at 5am and didn't go back to sleep, little demon. Took her to pre-school and i really should get some stuff done, but i can't be bothered to be honest. I never ever have 'me' time, (i don't count minis time as that is also just an essential to me!) so i'm either going to read a mag or do a pilates dvd, mmmm......choices, choices...! Hugs to all xx

Hello all,
Sorry not been about for a while..I was working away in Norwich at the weekend and then came back onto minis for a looksie on Monday and then lost my connection Yesterday...so only just got back up and running...felt like I'd lost my left arm without the internet....what did we used to do before it?
Well done Laura and Butterfly on your losses this week. Butterfly congratulations on moving up to the maintanance plans...well done you...and to still lose a lb aswell. Hope all your chutneys and pickles are going well, try not to lick the spoons...you naughty girl!!
I have my WI tomorrow morning..but am still so constipated and am still bleeding after upping the dose of my tablets...only annoyingly though..no more flooding thank god. My CDC has been on to HQ and spoke to someone there who has suggested moving up to at least 1000 cal plan...No thanks! They also want me to go back to the Doc's and get a blood test and get my medical form signed....its a bloody nuisance....I am gonna go and have a blood test and get the form signed...if the bloods come back normal then I am just gonna carry on as I have been. If I am however anaemic...which I don't think I am...I will have to rethink my options. I obviously will have to put my health first..but just keep all your fingers crossed for me that the bloods all come back normal...I will keep you updated anyway...probably won't be able to get to the GP til' next week now anyway and then I'll have to wait for an appointment with the nurse which could be another week and by the time the results come back from the hospital....it will be about Christmas before I know...!!!! Only joking!
Well I hope all you girlies are being good little angels.
I wanted to wish Claire a happy holiday...but couldn't get on in time as I believe she went yesterday.
Oh, I had another clearout yesterday in the wardrobe dept and got rid of another 2 black bags full....am really struggling with clothes to fit now as my smaller jeans and combats that I found on my last clearout are hanging now..so having to hoist them in with a belt. I really need to invest in some new jeans and stuff..but really don't want to waste the money for new clothes that are only gonna fit for a couple of weeks....god I sound tight!
Anyway that is enough waffling from me and I will speak to you all soon.

Where is everbody?????
Don't abandon me now please!!!!!
Just had my WI this morning and have lost 1 & 1/4 lb not bad considering all my probs and I decided to bite the bullet this morning and got weighed in winter clothes (jeans etc) which weighed an extra 2 lb as I checked before and after I got dressed on the scales before being officially weighed this morning...so could have been 3 & 1/4 lb..so hopefully will see a big difference next week.

Hope all you girls are being good...please come and speak to me soon,

Still here, just had busy few days. Agree about losing internet connection, funny how i remember it first becoming popular and thinking it was just bizarre and i would be unlikely to use it as it was just for geeks! Glad you're bleedings reduced a bit, fingers crossed alll goes ok with the tests. It would be awful to have to move up when you don't want to, but at the same time you have to be sensible and people still get fab losses on 1000. I s'pose its just more difficult as you don't have ketosis helping you out.
Well done on the loss! :D :D :D All considered, you should be really happy, still moving in the right direction! Sympathies with the clothes, bloody nightmare...yes its nice 'cos it means were losing but just can't afford this!
Still being a good girl, and enjoying 810 meals, which are suprsingly filling after so long without. Had chicken kebabs and salad tonight...yum. Had loads of water, so pleased with self. It feels good to get my wings back!
Went shopping yesterday for Christening dress ideas, and picked up a black dress as an option. Just a plain black, wrap style dress, full skirted, but just hangs lovely. (and its a size10!!!, but it is cheating a bit 'cos of its style, as some other shops 12's were tight)I have never put a dress on and felt quite as happy, even i think i look slim in it, so well chuffed. Will still keep looking though, it just feels good to try new styles i'd have never have dreamed of before.
Have also started exercise- did pilates two days running now, and going to try to do something every day. Although my stomach muscles are presently in agony, no pain..no gain i guess.
Off to bed, its ridiculously late again, and DD has a stinking cold/cough again so is waking early...but, i am in work tomorrow night so i get to go back to bed again in the afternoon...lush!

Anyone else around...... especially Nova and Corinne- not heard from you for ages, are you still with us? Hope you are doing ok? xx

Hi all,

Where is everybody?....Don't tell me our team is dwindling again! We were doing so well. Doesn't matter if you're struggling, just keep in touch once in a while, we're all here in the same boat to help and support each other if needed. Hope you are ok anyway, bug hugs to all. Please come back.......I don't want to have to find newbies again.....:(!

Have done the team figures for the week, need rest of results, ready to post on challenge sun morning please.

*butterfly* ..................1/147 = 0.68%
corinne_j ......................?/214 = %
devilishandsweet ........no WI/301 = %

Laurie ..........................4/233 = 1.72%
Nicki-M ...............1.25/230.75 = 0.54%

Nova .............................? = %
Team results .........6.25 loss= 1.02%

I've had a good day again, so can't complain. Stomach and legs still a bit tender. At work now so going to do some more toning stuff in my break. Did another quorn dish today but have split it up- its just way too filling to eat in one go. Trying to get head round maintenance issues, just have never done calorie counting before and know i need to do so, to get used to eating amounts/types of food that i should, as opposed to what i am used to, and what my eyes want!:rolleyes:

Be back soon. Take care all xx

Hi all,
Have posted our results on the challenge thread. At work (on night shift) and had time, have plans for rest of day so wouldn't get chance in daytime. Not holding breath this week!!
Hope you're all well, and being good? If not, put it behind you- tomorrow is a new day! I'm feeling all enthused again and still being good, but it is so much easier when i am work and the temptation is reduced. Still, the scales seem to be moving this week, (hopefully 2lb) so have to keep going cos i have to hit my 5stone this week!
Speak soon xx

Hi,
Enthusiasm gone, with my willpower. Made mincemeat yesterday and nibbled on raisins, feel like crap this morning, stomach feels yuck. P'd off with self, spending forever thinking about why i do this to myself! Not a happy bunny,:cry: but trying to pick self up and turn it around. Hope you're all doing better than me. I know you will be Nicki! - hope the p.c probs get sorted soon, getting lonely on here.:( (again) xx

Butterfly, I am still here and have not abandoned you...PC problems resolved..but I just can't get on to post most weekends as I work from Friday night through to ealy hours of Monday morning and as I do 12 hour shifts I just don't get the time to get on unfortunately....I was working away this weekend in Norwich again like last weekend and so did not have access to a PC.
Where is everyone else??? Nova and laurie have not posted now for nearly a week..do you think they are still with us??? Do you think we need to advertise again? Why can't we keep tream members Butterfly?? We are the only 2 original members of our team remaining....I'm gonna start taking it personally soon.
I have noticed from the general CD posts that Guru has jumped back on the wagon...wonder if she would like to come back and join our team again???
Butterfly now you are at goal you are not gonna abandon me are you? Please don't as you offer such good support and I still need that as I have still got at least 3-4 stone to lose before I reach goal.
Please leave the dried fruit alone...naughty girl! I am going to make my Christmas cakes this week and will be soaking my dried fruits in Brandy...hope I can control myself....not worried about the fruit..it's the brandy I can't resist....hope I just get high from the fumes!!!!
Hope to hear from the rest of our team members soon and hope you are all being good....even if you are not please post and let us know what is going on, speak soon,

Hi Nicki,
I will not abandon you hun, i know its only an internet thing and some people don't take it as seriously but this team has been really important to me too. I'm not sure if i would carry on the team leader thing, may have to pass that on to someone, but i will always be around to keep an eye on you, and have you to keep me on track. There's been times i've really struggled as you know, and your persistance and support has really helped, its my aim every week to have a 'Nicki' week! Where i am 100% like you are, i will do it one week if it kills me.... you'll probably die of shock if i don't come and whinge about my nibbles!
I know that Claire is prob still on hols, but i have to admit, i am getting a bit annoyed by the problems we're having keeping a team going. Thats why not so long ago i posted 'rules' to try to make sure everyone knew it is expected that we try to support each other and join in the challenge. In line with said rules, i have pm'd Nova and Corinne, and neither have responded. So will post on advertising thread tonight for two new members. Need to pm Laurie yet to see if shes still in. I spoke to other team leaders who said they've all had similar problems, so i don't think its just us. I've started a maintenance diary and that area of minis is amazing for the level of support, and they have so much to teach me!
I'm being good today, which has been made easier by the fact that i have been in work, WI tomorrow, but may not get on p.c for a bit as out for day. Enjoy the xmas cake making- i'm loving doing my hampers, getting me feeling all festive. Speak soon xx

Hi Butterfly,
I have been weighed today..a day earlier than normal and am extremely peed off to say the least...as according to my CDC's scales I have put on 2 lb..now usually her scales are 3 lb lighter than mine..and mine were showing a 1 lb loss this morning so should have been at least 3 - 4 lb off. I can't work out why...I have been good all week..the only thing I can think of is that she moves her scales around all the time from client to client and mine don't move from the living room floor. I am going to SS again 100% this week to boost things and see what happens next week....no turkey or green veg's for me..boo..hoo!! I am desperate to lose at least another stone or two by Christmas.
I am so glad you will not abandon me as I really appreciate you being here to support me and I think it's great that we can offer each other such encouragement and support. I just don't understand why we can't keep a team together...I guess some people just don't want it as bad as we do and are not focussed enough to put the proper effort in to reach their goals. I know it's not easy and it is all about the right headspace....but I think why bother going to the effort and expense of buying the packs if you are not really focussed enough to see it through...what a waste of time and money.
Glad your enjoying building your hampers...I am yet to bake any cakes as I need to go shopping to get the eggs and butter for them and just have not had the time...but I figure if I get the dried fruit soaked in the brandy tonight then I will have to get started tomorrow and Friday...I am only doing one shift at work this weekend in Norwich so that will help...it has almost killed me the last 2 weekends working there..I still feel exhausted from the weekend just gone....trying deperately to stay awake to get my first proper nights sleep as I have been napping during the days and haven't been ale to sleep at night.
I have got plenty of washing to be getting on with in my sparkly brand new washing machine that was delivered today....thank God!!! It's a novelty at the moment playing with the new machine and one that I am sure will wear off quickly...I hope!!!
Glad you are having a good day on the food front.....I was so peed off today..I have just had a roasted chicken leg and some brussell sprouts and some purple sprouting brocolli....that will be my last supper as will be SSing 100% from tomorrow morning...no ifs or buts.
Stay good and i'll be back soon,

Hello all!

Hope you don't mind if I come and join you - thanks for the invitation Butterfly.

Day 2 today! On SS and am not entirely sure if it's the right thing for me, but will plough on for the week. Being a single girl am wondering whether it's a good thing to be turning down dates so as to not eat or drink! A close friend has just got back from Afghanistan and wants to take me out this w/e, so desperatley trying to avoid him - how wrong is that?! Think I need to have a serious chat with my CDC on Wed......

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all. Any advice for a newbie would be much appreciated.

Pol

Back