'Chasing Butterflies' - Team 7

Not happy! Post I wrote earlier said it had to be approved by moderator before it would appear...... wonder if it will turn up? Wonder what it was they didn't like me writing...?

Struggling today - not hungry and so have yet to face meal no. 3. Have only managed 1 1/2 lt of water so far as well - which is unlike me - that should be the easy part! Is this normal? My CDC did say that I'd probably get bored of the whole soup/shake thing so made me take a couple of bars - maybe I should try one....

Sorry to be woffling. Just a bit annoyed...... Oh well....

Hope you are all enjoying the w/e.

Pol

Not too late, can resend results. Just need to do figures....

*butterfly* ..........................3/146 = 2.05%
devilishandsweet .....no WI/301 = %
Hoping2LoseBig...........3.5/230.5 = 1.52%
Nicki-M ............................+2/229.9 = 231.5
MinnieMel ..............................2/153 = 1.31%
Wadpol................................1st week = 182

Team results ..................8.5/529.5 = 1.61%

Been very busy today, only grabbed 1.5 hrs sleep so feeling so tired now... I work as a psychiatric nurse. Been in my local inpatient hospital doing acute care for past 12 yrs since qualified. Have just moved position to a new ward which is a short stay crisis admission ward. Lots more focus on turning things round for people in acute crisis and getting them back home with support from us and an adoining crisis team. I love it, a blessed relief after the hell that acute has turned into, due to all the typical NHS politics. And i'm probably a bit less likely to get assaulted which is a nice thought for a change!

Sorry, cannot shed light on the not being able to post... was it to do with not having 50 posts yet? you need this many for some posting privelidges. I'm aware there has been a bit of dischord on the general thread so maybe they're just being abit more sensitive at the moment.

I can see how its easy to get bored with the shakes/soups etc. And although i have cheated, its not been because i do not like or feel satisfied with the cd products. If you find ones you genuinely like it makes things a bit easier. I have the same all the time and still enjoy them. Part of the problem is just about comitting to your plan and to the decision you have made to do cd, although its 'easy' in terms of effort to lose, it does take more head comittment to stay focused and on plan than some more traditional diets, because it is so severe when ss'ing. Some people have allowed themselves the odd 810 meal if really needing to eat. Not sure if i could have done this but each to their own... Getthroughthe first week or so, and it does tend to get easier. Find things to do in your danger hours (evenings for most people) to take your mind off it. Come on minis and remind yourself why you want this, or look at success stories to keep you focused.
Officially, you are not supposed to have bars in the first two weeks, higher level of carbs can slow you getting into ketosis....:(.

Off to bed, had ok day generally, too tired to waffle any more. Busy day tomorrow with the Christening, so may not get on xx

Approval

Not happy! Post I wrote earlier said it had to be approved by moderator before it would appear...... wonder if it will turn up? Wonder what it was they didn't like me writing...?

Struggling today - not hungry and so have yet to face meal no. 3. Have only managed 1 1/2 lt of water so far as well - which is unlike me - that should be the easy part! Is this normal? My CDC did say that I'd probably get bored of the whole soup/shake thing so made me take a couple of bars - maybe I should try one....

Sorry to be woffling. Just a bit annoyed...... Oh well....

Hope you are all enjoying the w/e.

Pol

Hi Wadpol,

That is interesting... what DID you write? I can't wait to read it.
If you need to up your "cred" with postings -- sign on for some of those games. Like change the word order, movie titles, etc. It boosts your totals so that you can do more things on the forum. I read this suggestion somewhere and have actually been having fun with some others whilst doing this.
I like a bar... a little chewing helps. I cut mine up into little squares and slowly nibble them whilst drinking some hot tea of coffee. It seems to help a lot.

MM

Last edited:
Psych Nurse

so feeling so tired now... I work as a psychiatric nurse. Been in my local inpatient hospital doing acute care for past 12 yrs since qualified. Have just moved position to a new ward which is
a short stay crisis admission ward. Lots more focus on turning things round for people in acute crisis and getting them back home with support from us and an adoining crisis team. I love it, a blessed relief after the hell that acute has turned into, due to all the typical NHS politics. And i'm probably a bit less likely to get assaulted which is a nice thought for a change!

Hi Butterfly,

My oldest sister used to work as Psych and Medical Nurse in the Dallas County prison system (in Texas). She said it was very draining and disheartening work at times. She went back to school and became a nurse practioner (can write scripts, etc.) and now does paitient care in a practice. However, her goal is join up with the government medical service corps and go and serve as a primary care person for the indiginous population of the Big Island of Hawaii. It is very rural and mostly rainforest, and the people there do not great access to medical care. She has lived on Maui in the past, and saw the poor conditions of the native populations.

MM

Hi everyone how are we all?

I been keeping myself busy by blitzing my house and am just finishing my first shake now! Not feeling bad at all thank goodness!
I even mopped up to keep me even busier! Its not all done but im saving some for tomorrow lol! I know at some point im going to argue with my head not to eat anything but so far so good and i think i will be having an early night tonight....

How has everyones weekends been? x

Hi H2LB,

Wow! Well done you. My daughter's steam train homework took us a lot longer than we planned. It is almost finished -- thank goodness. Then after dinner (me CD soup), she'll pop in the bath and I'll try to get some kitchen chores done. I am also working on laundry... it never ends. lol You are only having your first shake -- now? I hate to sound like the nagging mother that I am, but really it is better for you to get up, drink some water, and try to have your shake within that first hour... it'll jump start your metabolism. Or so the mom's handbook says. Anyway, thanks for asking -- other than the early dark and cold gray days -- the weekend has been okay. Back to work tomorrow... c'est la vie.

MM

I cant have anything in the morning i never have, it always makes me feel so sick eating early and i feel awful for the whole day! My CDC told me also to try hold out long as posss as the evenings is when i get hungry and eat crap! But thanks for caring hun! xx

How old is your daughter? I also have hundreds of washing to do sadly i hate it and i dnt have the best tumble dryer atm so it takes alot longer to do! Cant wait to get a new one!
What do you do for work? x

Hi H2LB,

My daughter is 10. I also have a son who is 18 and in Florida at Uni. He'll be home on the 22... and I am hoping he doesn't bring four months of laundry with him. lol
I am a teacher by training (history) but am working as a teaching assistant with a blind teacher and secondary students who need support. The teacher teaches French and German -- and I studied French at Uni, and lived in Germany for seven years.

Do you work outside the home?

MM

Wow So you've experienced living abroad! Thats so good i was born in germany, and worked in france and greece aswell. I was doing a teaching assistants course but have decided i want to get into social work instead just hard finding a way in.

I work for the ambulance service i take 999 calls i do 34.5 hrs a week and shift work plus the lil one so its very tiring lol better i would rather do it and have money than have to live on income support.

Your son will def come back with loads of washing for u lol, its what they do isnt it! What is he studying out there? Bet he is enjoying it! xx

Hi,

My friend, Brit, was a 999 operator when she lived here (in Northamptonshire). I am American (as is my husband, kids, etc.). My DH works for General Dynamics here in the UK (afiliated with the US Military)... and I gave up teaching when we moved overseas in 1994. My son was 3 at the time. I have worked off and on, but with the kids it was better not to be comitted. However, my daughter is 10 (she was born in Germany) and I was going crazy being home all day. My son did not know what he wanted to study and in the US system you do not really have to decided on a major until your 3rd (of 4) years. So, he is working it out.

MM

H2LB,

We moved from central New York State (Syracuse area) to Brackely in Northants in November of 1994. We then moved to Germany (Ramstein area) in 1996. We were there until September 2003, and lived in Huntingdonshire ever since then. I keep asking my husband -- if we have to live overseas WHY can't it be somewhere like Spain?

MM

Hi girls,
Just a quick hello before bed. Had great day thanks, ate what i wanted, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Feel no guilt, expect a a gain, but know will come off again as its more than likely a glycogen gain. Aren't we a varied bunch. Never lived outside of the central region, and quite happy here really. Would miss family way too much to ever leave the area. Would have liked to do a bit more travelling, but money and time don't allow at the moment. One day....!
Looking so far like we won the team challenge again!! Unless theres a late entry..... amazing considering our % wasn't too high, but there was only one other team...;)!
Hope you all have good Monday. Hugs xx

Welcome to our team..Minimel, Hopingtolosebig and wadpol, hope you will enjoy it here feel free to chat about anything at all and don't be shy about asking for our advice on issues.
I have found this whole team thing helps me greatly and Butterfly is always around and offers me great support and helps keep me focussed.
I am having a rough weekend at the moment and wondered if anyone could offer me some advice....Since Friday I have had chronic explosive diarhea and have had chronic stomach cramps, shivers, dizziness...I just can't stay of the toilet..I cannot see how it is CD related as I have been SSing 100% since Thursday..but haven't been in contact with anyone who is ill either. I am totally baffled as to what has caused this. I was continuing with my shakes upto Sunday morning (had one at midday) now I am just too scared to have anymore incase I am feeding an infection...I just want it to stop....it is wearing me out running for the loo all the time....I am drinking plenty of water but can't face a shake incase it makes it worse...I think I need to get some diaralyte today to replace salts, minerals and electrolytes etc, but just wondered if anyone had any advice to offer..do you think I should try and have a shake or not? Sorry at my wits end and just need help!!! Sorry it wasn't a pleasant post but just thought you all might be able to help!
Well done on all your losses by the way and keep up the good work...I seem to have lost loads so far with this problem...but I know its all fluid and will reappear.
Stay good and angelic, speak soon

Nicki-M --

Are you possibly lactose intolerant? I purchase my CD from the US because it is Soy based. So, it is not only less expensive (even with shipping), and I do not have to go through a counsellor... it just comes to my mail box -- but most importantly I feel great on it.

When I was on LL and it was milk-based, I had some unpleasant symptoms like yours. Then, others in my Foundation group -- who knew they were lactose intolerant -- were discussing their same problems, and I put two and two together. Apparently, I am mildly lactose intolerant and it was never pinpointed because I had never been on a primarily milk-based diet. Perhaps, you can switch to soy based product and see if that makes a difference. I know you have CD on hand, but you might be able to swap the unopened products with the soy if counsellor has it. Or you could sell it. This is just a thought.

This said, I am not a medical person. It sounds as if you might need some professional advice. Have you contacted your CD counsellor? Also, there is a lovely lady on this forum called BlingBabe who is a nurse. Why don't PM her and ask her for her advice? She has used CD and is probably a good resource for help. I would say call your doctor, but I do not know how supportive they will be of your VLCD.

Keep me posted.

MM

Good afternoon Ladies!
I am so proud of myself today! Everytime i go shopping i buy food even when i was on CD for the first time, but today i went round sainsburys and could smell the ready made chicken which is what i normally buy and i really wanted it but i fought it and walked out with just baby stuff which is what i went for although i bought more clothes for LO which i didnt plan hehe! So yay me!!! lol!

Nicki- you said u ss'ed 100% from thursday so im assuming that u didnt before that so maybe thats what it is i no if i make even the smallest blip it affects me that way majorly so maybe thats what it is!

How is everyone doing today? x

Hi H2LB,

Well done resisting the roast chicken (I love the way it smells, too). I am doing okay -- thanks for asking. I am trying to motivate myself to go to aquafit -- I haven't been for ages (before I started CDing). I am feeling okay energy-wise... just am not motivated.

MM

Hi all,
MM...thanks for your advice, but I am definitely not lactose intolerant as have been mainly SSing with all the products since June and have always had the opposite problem..constipation!! This I feel is definitely a stomach bug of some sort. I have contacted my CDC and she has emailed HQ who has advised me to omit all CD products and eat at least 1200 calories a day until I am better and have plenty of fluids. As CD products are milk/dairy based I am to avoid them until I am 100% again.
HTLB, I have been SSing since June and introduced turkey and green veg's to my soup of a night about 8 weeks ago..but sometimes this slows my losses up so I SS for a week or 2 when this happens and this seems to kickstart the weight loss again and as my CDC said I gained 2 lb on Wednesday (although I believe this wasn't right) I decided to kickstart the losses with SS again..starting on Thursday.
Thanks for all your advice I do appreciate it. I may have some dry toast later or some dry crackers...if it is no better by tomorrow I will go to the GP.
Glad you are all staying good...I already feel guilty about the thought of eating some real food even if it is only a slice of toast..just putting it off as I really don't want to do it. Speak soon,

Oh Nicki, you poor thing. Agree with cdc that it sounds like illness, and therefore probably very little that you can do for it. (unless there is any chance you could have food poisoning?) Whilst the advice to eat 1200 is fine, it is a bit unrealistic, fear of or the actual diarrhoea/vomiting puts most people off eating when unwell, never mind that it will be your first proper food in months. I'd be careful about refined carbs, they will probably make you feel bloated and you don't need this. Try low GI snacks,- nuts, seeds, seeded breads, cereal/fruit bars,raisins, meats, fruits, salads, and the like. Don't worry about any 'rules', just little and often. If you can't stomach it, don't fret, you'll be ok. Just get as much water as you can (at least 3l) and use the diarrolyte replacements too. If symptoms not subsiding or still present after a week definately get to gp. You said you had, shivers..... have you checked your temp, or have any other symptoms? Diarrhoea is one of the key feature present with many cases of swine flu aswell. Really hope you feel better soon, I have missed you and thought you were at work. (wish you had been now i realise whats been wrong!) Big hugs coming your way, wish i could help..!:hug99:
I cannot resist that chicken H2LB, its been the undoing of many a 100% week for me! Also suffering lack of motivation in the exercise dept to MM, there is no way i am biking in the rain..! In work tomorrow, so catch up tomorrow night hopefully. xx

Back