Cheap actifrys

Hazykay

Silver Member
I've read a couple of threads on actifry's and heard how wonderful they are. The price tag put me off. They are in Argos for just over £150.00 but lo and behold, I got my hands on one for £89.99 (excl vat)!!!!

Makro are selling them, so I went today and picked one up. Going to use it tomorrow for fish and chips. I thought about using cous cous to coat the fish. Has anyone else tried this?

I'm like a kid with a new toy, can't wait to try it :)

After watching a segment on Watchdog where actifry's burst into flames they aren't something I would be rushing out to buy. I'd advise a lot of research before parting with such a lot of money

I didn't know about that!! When was the programme aired?

Couple of months ago. There was obviously a design fault which caused them to burst into flames for no reason.

I think it was to do with fat getting somewhere it shouldn't. Though surely they will be looking into ways of making sure that doesn't happen. One would hope anyway...

Use mine all the time, heard that this was down to overloading, so I'm always careful how much I put in.

I would love one my friends swear by them and the chips are sooo nice in them but the price was putting me off.

Still unsure though with the watchdog report,also theres quite a few reviews on the amazon site about them.

BBC - Chip pans up in smoke - Watchdog - Blog

I've got 2! I love them, they are fab. Careful with fish though as it is liable to fall to bits as it gets pushed round by the stirrer. Meat is good cooked in it and chicken dippers are brilliant. You would be amazed at how much fat comes out of those things!

I would not be without my actifrys; i use both when we have big family gatherings or I cook meat in one and chips in t'other. Fantastic and so healthy.

Back