Cheddar babybels healthy extra a?

Laws

Can u have these as a a choice? If so how many?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi,

Ive taken a look around the site and found an old post that says 3 mini babybel lights are a healthy extra a or b. it was on old post though x

I have just checked my book again and found em! as a healthy A you can have 2 mini babybel emmental cheeses, 2 mini babybel light cheddar cheeses, 3 mini babybel light cheese or 2 mini babybel original cheeses.

I've looked at the healthy extras listing online and they arent specifcally mentioned.

The only ones that are are these:

2 Mini Babybel Cheeses
3 Mini Babybel Light Cheeses
2 Mini Babybel Emmental Cheese Portions

I'd be inclined to think that 2 cheddar babybel would probably be fine as a healthy extra, same as the regular and emmental cheese varieties - after all, you can have regular cheddar as a HEXA and I cant imagine there is that much of a difference in the calcium content between a regular babybel and a cheddar babybel to mean that one is allowed and not the other.

Thats only my interpretation though, officially its not listed.

I got told to use it as normal cheddar as it has more fat and calories than a normal babybel.

28g cheddar = 1 HEX and babybel are about 21g each according to their website.

I just use two though and count the rest as syns if I have to :/

Oops I had two, and just realised they are 20g each...so how many syns would 12g be?

I checked my book last night and it says you can have 2 for a heb, i ended up going for the light when i went shopping as you can have 3 x

Oops I had two, and just realised they are 20g each...so how many syns would 12g be?

About 2.5 I think, if you count a HEX as 6 syns... but Im not totally sure they do it to all that accuracy and some people say a HEX is 7 syns.

I usually just let myself have two and count it as a HEX plus 2 syns, works for me :)

I checked my book last night and it says you can have 2 for a heb, i ended up going for the light when i went shopping as you can have 3 x

That's the plain Babybel/Babybel light, not the Cheddar version.

Back