Cheesecake

DaveP

I finally got round to making the cheesecake recommended by people on here. I only had a taster this morning but it looks beautiful.

The bar was a ***** to break down but the mousse was so thick it struggled to pour! Looks awesome I will let you all know how it tastes tonight.

nice one dave
I will be watching this to see how it tastes, but it has to be good.
WI tonight so might try making one with my new supplies

cheesecake?? hmmm that wasn't about a few months ago when I was doing LL lol please share folks please share!!! need all the help I can get so I dont have to down those awful shakes haha!

Yeh dont put it in the freezer. Just a night in the fridge will do. It doesnt taste exactly like cheesecake but its the ebst thing you will get. If you have small glass tubs then its a good idea to make 2 of them so if you feel the craving to have another one you can but without ruining the food pack limit a day.

I could be wrong in thinking this but...... LL packs need to be eaten within 15 minutes (or roundabout that) because once you open the pack and mix in water the vitamins start decreasing until eventually there are none left. If you were to leave one in the fridge overnight I would think the pack would no longer be 'nutritionally complete' and you would be lacking in essential nutrients.
Feel free to correct me anyone........

MM x

I was under the impression it was 15 if used with hot water. Hot water breaks down the nutriants. Otherwise most of the recipes given to us by lighter life would too be useless.

I was under the impression it was 15 if used with hot water. Hot water breaks down the nutriants. Otherwise most of the recipes given to us by lighter life would too be useless.

I was told at my first meeting that the nutrients break down in all of them after 15 minutes regardless of whether they're hot or cold.

Musically missy is correct - packs should be consumed within 15mins of adding water, hot or cold, or else you lose essential vitamins and minerals. It is the same with microwaving packs. If you are only going to do one a day, or every now and then you should be fine, but do be aware you are having less vits and minerals and don't do it with all packs!

Hi Dave
Sorry, I should have been clearer, when I said stick in the freezer, I meant for 10 mins, to get it to set, then eat it up.
:ashamed0005:

Yeh my thoughts exactly. Who really had all their vits beforehand? I dont think 1 pack a day is a problem especially seeing as it tasted so damn nice!

I take a vitamin supplement even on CD so I don't worry about 1 pack a day being eaten after 15 minutes has passed - couldn't live without my choc mint mousse in the evening!

Back