Chelles' CD diary!

Chelles

Hi all!

Here goes.... I feel that airing everything publicly may just help me somehow to get through this and all the post's I read give me so much motivation!

I am 29 and I weigh... Wait for it....
22st 11lb and am a size 30 clothes. To me that's just shocking!

I am following Red2 and due to my weight I have to have 4 products and 2 pints of skimmed milk a day.

I have tried diets before... Actually I feel like I have been on some sort of diet for the last 10 years! I can never seem to stick to any of them. My willpower was very low. I have known I was going to start Cambridge since the middle of December and have been changing my thought process since then to prepare myself and I do think it's worked!

I have 2 gorgeous boys Jake who is 9 and suffers with Autism and Byron who is 8 suffers from ADHD. It's not a excuse by any means but having 1 disabled child and 1 with behavioural problems meant that I never had time to eat well. I would just grab whatever I could and most of my eating would be in the evening. I want to be able to run around my boys with my boys which obviously I can't do now! They are my inspiration!

Day 1 was yesterday.... Surprisingly the day went better than I had hoped. I wasn't hungry all day and had managed to drink 4 litres of water! The four products I had where maple and syrup porridge, butterscotch, cappuccino and chocolate. The chocolate I found yummy but all the others made me feel rather queazy!

I have read contradicting things in here regarding what you are and aren't allowed. This is what my CDC has told me -

Water flavourings - can have as much as I want from day 1

Bars - she doesn't advise them until week 2 but if I'm really struggling I can have them in week 1

I'm happy to follow what she has said and will see where I end up. I can understand about not having the bars early on but not about the water flavourings. It doesn't really contain anything! I know some of you won't agree but I could not manage to drink all that water without the flavouring!

I was also told I could have 1 can/glass of coke/fanta zero a day.

So that is me and here begins my journey...

'Time is precious, waste it wisely'

Day 2

Has been a relatively good day again today. Better on the shake front too! Today I have had -

Banana - blended with ice and 400ml water
Toffee & Walnut - 400ml water
Chocolate - blended with ice and 400ml of skimmed milk - wow oh wow!!

Still to have my 4th but struggling to stomach it but I will trot out and make it soon!

Have had a slight headache and some hunger which has passed. I expected it to be so much worse!

Am craving savoury and didn't get any soups! Luckily my CDC will see me in the morning to get a few soups!

Another day almost done!

Big fat TICK!

My CDC gave me very similar advice and some of it is VERY wrong. You can't have fanta zero at all - it will kick you out of ketosis because it contains citric acid! Coke zero doesn't, so although unofficial, people do.

The water flavourings also contain citric acid, and some people find it interferes with getting or staying in ketosis. Official word is 1 teaspoon per day, and best avoided until week three. It makes me furious hungry, so I had to knock it on the head.

Bars are officially from week three too. Some of them are higher carb than the shakes, plus they may be too tempting til you're settled.

I guess everyone's body is different and responds things different ways. I have been having about 1 3/4 table spoons of the flavouring a day and haven't really been hungry. I'm hoping this won't affect the weight loss tho and I don't think it will. I honestly don't think I could drink more than 1 litre without the flavouring! I usually have my first litre plain and my 2nd and 3rd with flavouring. It spurs me on drinking my first knowing that when it's gone I can have flavour!

As for the fanta/coke zero luckily I don't really like fanta anyway! I have also not had any coke zero yet so all in all quite pleased with myself!

Day 3

This dairy is gonna start getting boring! Another good day! Had soup for the first time (chicken and mushroom) which was a nice change!

Headache was better today and only slight rumble in the tumble when I woke up apart from that it has been a really good day!

Used a ketostix and read negative but I'm only day 3 so will be patient!

Day 4

100% today which I am pleased with but it has been quite hard today. Have been having lots of thoughts about food and wanting to eat something. Have had to drag myself away from the fridge a few times!

And I'm still not in ketosis!

I am seeing my CDC twice a week and had a WI today.... Have lost 11lb!!

11lbs in 4 days wow!
Well done you :)
Bet you are glad you have stuck to it and by the sounds of it (headaches etc) ketosis isn't far away, good luck x

Back