Chest pains from bingeing - advice needed

jenza20

I am not having a good week unfortunately. I can't stop eating crisps for some strange reason? I am doing SS one day, then binge eating the next. So I am in and out of ketosis.

I woke in the night with chest pains and breathlessness. I am ashamed to say yesterday I ate 6 bags of crisps and a cheese sandwich (along with my usual 2.5 litres of water and 2 of my banana bliss shakes). The breathlessness has gone this morning but I have pain in my chest. I am worried that my constant on/off bingeing is doing harm.

Can anyone tell me if it is dangerous to go in and out of ketosis the way I am?

What is really starting to bother me is that, despite already losing one stone, as soon as I properly stop this diet, I am going to go straight back to my old eating habits. I know I need to adapt to a new and safe way of eating but at the moment, as soon as I feel a bit peckish, I can't stop myself.

I'm feeling down today because of this. Perhaps I need someone to kick me up the backside and tell me I'm doing some damage and that it needs to stop because I have 4 beautiful kids I need to healthy for!

Please help!!! :sigh:

Jen.xxx

facebook email: [email protected]

With chest pains and breathlessness, you need to make an appointment with your doctor, now!

Alternating each day with SS then crisp eating will not put you into ketosis. The pains you are experiencing could be an unrelated problem which you need to have investigated.

Jen

I'm not sure about whether there are any side effects of going in and out of ketosis health wise ... but psycholigically there are.

Get rid of ALL the crisps ... if you need to have them for your kids - then let the oldest one hide them away from you! If I buy choc, biscuits, cake .... my OH or one of my children (21/19/16!!) hide them in their rooms as I can't be trusted!!

Do you have a goal to lose weight for?? If it's for a holiday - put a bikini where you can see it when you first wake up. Pictures from travel brochures on the fridge and round the kitchen.

I want to lose weight for my wedding ... but because it is too far away I don't have the incentive ... I need to find something else to motivate me.

Re coming off the diet - yes if you eat more than 2000cals per day and don't expend the extra in energy, you will regain weight. So maybe now is a good time to think about taking up a hobby like swimming??/ kick boxing??!!/ etc etc etc and looking at how and what you will eat. Low Gi is what I want to aim for when ever I get to target ... and also eating about 1500 cals per day during the week - so I can enjoy the weekend without guilt.

((HUGS)) because you are feeling down - I know how it feels. Pick yourself up and do something about it and lose the crisps!!

Well, i can't really say much cos Bev has just covered it all. thumbs up from me.

As for the chest pains, i used to get these after a binge and it was cos i was just SO full. Learn to listen to yourself - when that lil voice tells you that you're full - stop eating for 5 mins at least just to let it settle.

Awww hun, you sound like you're in a right pickle. Now a question:
Do you wanna lose weight?

if no: carry on....

if yes: you have to really decide to do it. Either via CD or any other way. However you do it, you are going to need to explore the reasons why you eat. I'd go into the weight loss diary sections and read some diaries - they are full of emotional posts from losers, winner, strugglers, and (like mine) emotional eaters. Writing your feelings down can really help you - just seeing them in balck and white. I've quite often burst out laughing at myself cos i've been so stoopid in the past!

Don't think that you're not doing well, it's just that you arent ready. You have to prepare yourself. How about doing a few days prep - you'll then be in ketosis a lot quicker and then wont have any hunger pagns - just temptation!

Loads of love,
Leah xxx

Hiya Jen,
If you have chest pains and breathlessness you really need to seek medical advice straight away- get yourself down to A& E and they'll do a trace. Don't wait for a gp appointment unless he can see you now. That way you can rule out anything serious. If all is well it could be indegestion and stress- but as said above -don't take a chance on this- just go get sorted- and now!
Please let us know how you are!

Get rid of ALL the crisps ... if you need to have them for your kids - then let the oldest one hide them away from you! If I buy choc, biscuits, cake .... my OH or one of my children (21/19/16!!) hide them in their rooms as I can't be trusted!!

Do kids or anyone NEED crisps? They are empty calories with very limited nutrients and they aren't even filling.
I know I'm generalising but in my expereince in the supermarket queue when people have loads of multipack crisps and packs of biscuits and chocolates most of the time you will see the buyer is overweight.

Seems to me that if you're on a diet and you have children it would be better to start now and get your children into healthier ways of eating.

Do kids or anyone NEED crisps? They are empty calories with very limited nutrients and they aren't even filling.
I know I'm generalising but in my expereince in the supermarket queue when people have loads of multipack crisps and packs of biscuits and chocolates most of the time you will see the buyer is overweight.

Seems to me that if you're on a diet and you have children it would be better to start now and get your children into healthier ways of eating.

I think it is a bit unfair to asume that no-one should eat or "need" crisps and I think it is a very dangerous road to go down to make any food a no no especially for Children, all food should be allowed in moderation, it is the way you use and look at food that that should be healthy and wise, I have seen pleanty of "thin" people buying/eating crisps, so yes, you are generalising! There are ather ways to educate children into healthy eating habits, rather than banning certain foods x

Thank you to all those who have given me advice. I have managed to stay on SS for today. My chest pains have gone but it was enough to scare me to rethink my binge eating. I REALLY want to lose weight. For my kids more than anything.

Crisps are my downfall - they always have been. I never believe in depriving my kids of anything. It's about limiting and not depriving them of occasional treats but I have to admit, keeping them in easy reach is not good for me. So when my partner gets home tonight I will ask him to hide them. Out of sight out of mind. I'm sure I'll thank him for it.....sometime!!!!

Thanks everyone,

Jen.x

Me too. Just can NEVER have them in the house at all. Get new treats for your children...non-crispy ones!
For a while i had an idea that WOTSITS contained heroin the way i had to keep going back for more, then i realised i was mad and just obsessed with crisps. They, like dogs, are not allowed in this house!

When I was pregnant I craved wotsits - and haribo sweets! LOL.
Just thought I'd throw that in!

Piglet x

If you must have crisps in the house, go for the baked, light or lower fat options. Quavers are a good choice too, as are the french fries packs, they are lower in fat xxx

I have stopped giving my kids crisps now and they get them as a treat if they choose it down the shop, however I do let them have a little salt on their oven cooked chips now, which is less than a sprinkle and they are more than happy for that!
I figured as I have removed a huge amt of salt they can have it!

Back