Chewin gum??? Help

i was told no because of the sorbitol in it, i believe sorbitol can take you out of ketosis but its best to check with lipotrim if you are unsure, you can phone them and ask, they are friendly people...

Hi there, Im afraid you cant coz though no sugar, most sugar free chewing gum has carbohydrate in it. I checked it up last night. I know it would be great to have something to chew on but Ive heard people suggest ice cubes. Hope that helps x

hey, Ketosis usually kicks in on day 2/3 depends on your body...youll find the tfr so much easier once you're in ketosis i have, im hardly ever hungry a dn by that i mean only get peckish when I can smell food in the street etc lol keep it up youll be fine x

Ketosis kicks in after 2/3 days as Gems said. Note: After Ketosis before, I flew through week one and two, it was on week 3 I got fed up so its after week 3 (if I get there) that Ill feel more confident on this. I dont want to be negative but I know from past experience that you really have to be vigilant at all times and be careful of the lil voice in your head. So, this time Im trying to be more prepared coz I thought after ketosis Id have no problems with serious hunger, not so for me. But I think it was more mental hunger, old habits resurfacing so not being downbeat, I want to warn people of this. That said, I know this is the only thing that will work for me so Im more prepared this time to get through the hard bits (caused by me, not the diet). All the best to everyone, hope I didnt come across as too negative. At end of day we can all do anything we set our mind too xxx

I agree with candyfloss, even though you are losing weight you can start to get very fed up and narky on this diet, I know I did. Week 5 was a big struggle for me, even though having lost almost 2 stone I just craved to be able to sit down and eat with my family. Thankfully my refeed week and week off have really helped and I'm 100% focused again.
Good luck to all, this is no easy diet!

agreed it is a very hard diet to do so we should all be proud that weve come so far. even to newbies its an achievement to even get into ketosis i think

Thank u all for the advice and encouragement u have given n ur rite we should all be proud ov or selfs for even takin the step to weight loss

Well done peeps

Yep as others said, no chewing gum allowed. For fresh breath though the recommended listerine is fab - blows your socks off it's so strong!
And we def should all be proud. This is a huge lifestyle change. For me the hardest part was the first few days so getting into ketosis was a major achievement. Having said that I'm only in week 3 but if it gets hard again hopefully I can stay strong and come on here for support. It's such a great site! x

as above, no chewing gum, im afraid, although this diet would be much easier if we could...... just want to wish you good luck on your 1st week , and it does get hard sometimes but stick with it and youl soon see the benefit of it xx

my chemist gave me some fresh breat strips as i was so worried about having badbreath! so im drinking loads of water, and rinsing with listerine and taking these too

The best efect for me: cleaning me teeth and my toung using electronic brush and listerine on the end. I am using listetine complete -purple one.

Back