chewing gum

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by skeggy girl, 13 May 2007 Social URL.

1. skeggy girl

skeggy girl New Member

I am new to the diet and i am fed up with this horrid taste in my mouth, has anyone had any problems with having chewing gum on the cambridge diet?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jazzy

jazzy Regular Member

Hi Skeggy

I think the official line is that you shouldn't use it but if you must then only chew it for a couple of minutes and then discard it. I think this is because it could cause cravings etc. I have to admit that I chewed gum throughout and didn't have any problems but I guess it's it's a case of trial and error. You could always try breath freshner. I've heard Gold spot is best.
    The joys of Ketosis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jazzy x

4. Allan G

Allan G Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    :D I gave up smoking not long before i started on cambridge and i used nicotine gum and i still lost 3.5 stone, you will have to ask your CDC as some chewing gum contains citrus.

5. *Sarah*

*Sarah* Full Member

i used to chew gum all the time, one of my bad habits.
    my cdc said to chew it for a few mins if i have too as chewing produces saliver and this makes u hungry aparently

6. Alcala

Alcala Full Member

I just have to chew gum most of the day, as the taste is nasty and I'm paranoid about opening my mouth!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.