Chewing gum?

flamecoral

I will be thin!!!!
Can I have sugar free gum? I'm starting this morning and want to make sure I do it right!

Has anyone got before and after Pics? :) xxx

Also!!! I know I shouldn't exercise for a couple of weeks, but with the amount of weight I need to lose (11-12st), I'm going to end up with loose skin.... What would be best sort of exercise for me? I can't swim (medical issue unrelated to weight) and I can't afford gym, but I do have a treadmill...

Any help is appreciated xxx

Hi and welcome,
I am pretty sure I can remember it saying in the DVD no chewing gum. Regarding the exercise I have started Pilates which is not too demanding but it certainly gets your muscles working after only two weeks I feel like I am walking with my stomach pulled in and for some reason my legs feel longer ( all the stretching we do) I would look for a local class and join the beginners, my group is mixed but the instructor always gives 3 levels so you can choose which is right for you. Good luck ;)

Can't comment on the gum as I have never done your diet but I would say exercise is probably a good thing. Start out small on your treadmill, and build it up. Start say with brisk walking for 10 mins and after a while you could build up you time and speed. I carry a bottle of water with me when i walk and swap it from hand to hand - I think its a bit like weight training and it tones up your arms a bit. Also exercises like sit ups and push ups will tone you

Hi. No chewing gum as it contains carbs and can knock you out ketosis. If your breath is an issue you can use listerine - I have one in my handbag too - or get the special mint sticks from your pharmacy (they should have them where you get your lt).
As for exercise I'm taking it easy my first week as I am a tad low on energy (but feeling great!) but I would say start slow - then you can add as you feel more confident and get used to the program. I'd use the treadmill just as a way to top up your total step count. I think they recommend taking it easy because you are already taking very min amounts of calories so to jump straight into a big exercise regime might be too much of a strain.
I'm going to do things I find fun like dance based exercise DVDs etc and walking.
Good luck x

Hey!! My pharmacist told me no chewing gum as it stimulates something in the stomach which affects ketosis. Exercise wise, no exercise for the 1st week but after that just listen to your body and don't overdo it. There are lots of videos on YouTube showing toning exercises to do at home. I'm on my 3rd week now, the 1st week was the hardest for me so if you can get through the first week you'll be flying! I know everyone says it gets easier but it really does. Good luck!! :) xxx

Thanks :D I'm so excited. Started with a vanilla shake... bleurgh! Might add some decaff coffee to it next time, I think that was a mistake to start off on haha :D xx

No chewing gum i'm afraid.... I started on my treadmill... Put my little telly in the room and at first just walked!!! Then i went on to start a running programme.... Good luck!!! X

Nope no chewing gum, but my pharmasist said there are fresh breath strips that you can buy.. Had them last time on the diet but dont seem to be able to get them this time round

Chewing gum - particularly Sugar free contains sorbitol - that will make you loose in your bowels. The other main reason is that chewing stimulates the production of saliva and will also make you hungry and you really don't want that!. There may also be colours in the gum which could halt ketosis. Just stick with the strips and grin & bear it!!

Back