Step 1 Sole Source CHEWING GUM

first time round I used sugar free, but it didn't really help - just made me hungry :(

You are allowed sugar free gum, but the acid it releases may make you feel hungrier. I don't get that feeling though so I have around 3-4 pieces of sugarfree mint gum to keep my breath fresh!

Hey Apple said:
You are allowed sugar free gum, but the acid it releases may make you feel hungrier. I don't get that feeling though so I have around 3-4 pieces of sugarfree mint gum to keep my breath fresh!

I've discovered the douwe egberts coffee flavour collection and the hazelnut flavour smells like Nutella ( been ssing to long!!!!) searched my fitness and Internet and it just says 2 calories per cup, no sugar ect. Can anyone advise if they are ok to have? Answers ASAP please guys it's half price in asda atm lol!!!!!! X

chewing gum makes u feel more hungry i think, its known 2 make ur stomach think ur eating so can cause acid apparantly id just try a mint or something if i was u, ive had 2 buy a pack of sugarfree polos cuz all the shakes r making me breath smell n making me well para lol xx

I had been wondering about chewing gum as well, I chew it all the time anyway and my reasoning was that if I was hungry anyway the gum wouldn't do any harm... But - I read the back of several different packets of sugar-free gum in the supermarket the other day, and they all contain calories!!! Yes, I know we wouldn't chew several hundred grams a day (actually, i could well be tempted to!) but there were far more calories and carbs in than i expected... I showed my husband and tried to suggest that it wouldn't be too bad since we spit most of the gum out once the flavour has gone, but he reckons the calories per 100 gr were per 100 gr chewed, not per 100 gr flavour removed... Unfortunately he's probably right... Have to say it surprised me though, I have never looked at it before, just presumed no sugar meant no calories... It won't stop me chewing gum once I'm done with CD, at least it won't harm my teeth, but when we're that restricted on calories I suppose it could make a difference...

I never knew there were calories in gum :s jeez

I carry a pack ov polos round with me now I have probs 2 a day n I find that helps 2 av a suck on lol helps me anyway xx

NO FOOD IN HERE!!!!

Folks, chewing gum isn't recommended.

Here's the official answer from the CWP website to: Can I chew calorie-free gum on the Sole Source programme?

It is best to avoid it if possible, because chewing gum stimulates the release of gastric juices which in turn will make you feel hungry. If you really need to then only chew for 2 or 3 minutes.

And Polos definitely aren't allowed. Sorry to come over all heavy here, but this is the 100% forum and is reserved for people following the plan to the letter. Please try to remember not to write here about food that isn't in the plan.

Thanks x

Last edited:
Folks, chewing gum isn't recommended.

Here's the official answer from the CWP website to: Can I chew calorie-free gum on the Sole Source programme?

It is best to avoid it if possible, because chewing gum stimulates the release of gastric juices which in turn will make you feel hungry. If you really need to then only chew for 2 or 3 minutes.

And Polos definitely aren't allowed. Sorry to come over all heavy here, but this is the 100% forum and is reserved for people following the plan to the letter. Please try to remember not to write here about food that isn't in the plan.

Thanks x

Could we move the thread perhaps Lily - it's quite relevant re info on calories etc, my point was precisely that it's
got to be a no-no...

Back