Chicken cooked in wine??

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by gracie_lou, 21 September 2011 Social URL.

1. gracie_lou

gracie_lou Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi Everyone,

Im just after some advice please. Im going out for a meal with a friend on saturday night. I have had a look at the menu and the only chicken they seem to do is in wine. Would it be a good idea to have it? or just ask if they serve it without wine?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mama22

mama22 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(31.5%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    I would just ask for the wine in a glass on the side lol if it's with wine you can also guess that they will be adding cream/ milk so I would ask for it without x

4. spangles

spangles Bouncy Castle

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st12.5lb(35.74%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet

I'd ask the waiter if the chef will grill you a plain chicken breast (maybe phone in advance). Explain that you've been ill and have to eat very plain food. The problem if they serve it without the wine sauce, is that it will still be in and on the chicken. Also, chicken cooked in wine, in my experience either contains tomatoes and onions (banned) or cream (very banned!).

Good luck!

5. gracie_lou

gracie_lou Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Ok thank you. I will just have a plain chicken breast.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.