1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

chicken curry

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by matthews, 7 September 2011 Social URL.

1. matthews

matthews Full Member

My friend is making a curry and she is making it healthy just 4 me aww.ingredients are chicken,tinned tomatoes,veg,rice and herbs.sound simple but im well excited :) i will let u know what its like.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. bilsat

bilsat Really likes to cook

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimmers World
    I made this yesterday......

Pete’s Butternut Squash Chicken Curry

Serves 4

425g/½ butternut squash
    1 onion, chopped
    1tsp “easy lazy” garlic
    1tsp “easy Lazy” ginger
    1tsp cumin
    1tsp turmeric
    1tsp coriander
    1tsp garam masala
    1tsp madras curry powder
    600g chicken, pre-cooked, chopped into cubes
    750mL chicken stock
    400g Chopped Tomatoes

(This can be made in advance.)
    Chop up the butternut squash into small cubes; leave the skin on, extra fibre!

Spray a large saucepan with Fry Light and add chopped onion, ginger & garlic, cook for 7 mins, with a lid on the pan.

Add butternut squash, madras curry powder and chicken stock, cook for 40 mins, remove from the heat and liquidize with a hand blender.

Place back on heat and add cumin, turmeric and coriander, cook for 1 min, add tomato and chicken cook until chicken has been cooked through. Add garam masala 5 min before serving.
    Serve on a bed of rice with a side salad.

Attached Files:

4. matthews

matthews Full Member

Oooo sounds looovely.i may try yours thanks.i do hope she puts more in though like garlic cumin etc lol
  5. matthews

matthews Full Member

The curry i had the other night my friend made was really nice,i must try it myself ;-)
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.