Chicken Korma

jlw

Hi, Does anyone know how to make a low syn korma sauce!

I love it with chicken and rice.

Please help!?

x

Seems simple enough, just the milk and oil is the problem! Hmmm!!

Plus the greek yoghurt i guess you could make it with o%.

In the Curry Feast book there is a syn free korma recipe, I haven't got the book with me as it is at home but I can get it for you tomorrow unless someone else has it that is at home and can post it for you.

Just use frylight and use the milk as part of a healthy extra or syn it, its only 25ml per portion.

:D

That would be good if you can post it sometime soon!

I have plans for dinner tonight! But so wanna make a korma!

i would also be interested in seeing the syn free korma recipe please :)

ahh thats good to know if it doesn't taste like korma I wont bother :D theres no substitute for the real thing I suppose :eek:

thanks

That is what i'm finding with curries. Everything else isn't a problem. You think of the amount of cream and oil in a real korma, thats why i can't get the correct taste lol

I tried the korma from the curry feast book but it didn't taste anything like korma. Then I found this recipe in the 'saucy secrets' flip book (bought it a few years ago and it is brilliant). The recipe is for the sauce only, you would need to decide how much chicken to use, I used to chicken breasts, diced, sealed them and added them at the coconut stage. This korma does taste like korma!! Here goes:

Serves 4
Syns per serving:
2.5 on original and green

2 onions, peeled & chopped
2.5cm piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
3 garlic cloves, peeled & chopped
half pint of chicken stock
1 tblsp ground coriander
1 cinnamon stick, broken
half tsp turmeric
5 cardomom pods, lightly crushed
1 tsp salt
juice of half lemon
28g/1oz block of creamed coconut, grated
142g/5oz very low fat natural yogurt
2 tblsp freshly chopped coriander

place the onions, ginger and garlic in a food processor and blend to a smooth paste. Transfer to a frying pan with the chicken stock. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
Stir in the spices, salt and lemon juice. Gradually Add the coconut a spoon at a time, and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes (do not boil or the yogurt will curdle).
Discard the cinnamon pieces, scatter over the coriander and stir to combine before serviing

Enjoy!

Joo x

Back