chicken thigh recipe ideas?

newbie09

hi all,

Does anyone have a yummy recipe i can use with chicken thighs??

I bought a load of them yesterday for 3 quid from aldi :eek: and had 2 thighs (skin removed) and marinated them in the chinese sauce last night so wanted something different tonight.

Any ideas?? :)

hi all,​

Does anyone have a yummy recipe i can use with chicken thighs??​

I bought a load of them yesterday for 3 quid from aldi :eek: and had 2 thighs (skin removed) and marinated them in the chinese sauce last night so wanted something different tonight.​

Any ideas?? :)

Sorry for late reply we used chicken thighs (skin removed all the time) they are more juicy/tasty.

We make chicken curry mainly or spanish chicken or even in soups. Any chicken recipe really (diet coke chicken)

Make the KFC chicken, it says to use drummers but I always use thighs - dead nice!
Syn Free KFC
10 x Chicken Drummers or 4 Chicken Breasts
1 x Tub Chicken Bovril Paste
1 x Egg
1 x Clove of Garlic crushed (optional if you dont like garlic)
2 x Teaspoons of Ground Black Pepper (optional)
2 x Teaspoons of Mixed Spice (optional)
1 x Teaspoon of mild chilli powder (optional)
4 x Slices brown bread
2 x Teaspoons mixed herbes

Method
Place
chicken drummers/chicken breasts in a deep pan fill with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 mins. Drain and leave to cool. When cool remove the skin and pat dry. Cut chicken breasts into strips.
Place the bread and mixed herbes into a food processor and blend until crumbled and empty onto a large dish. Scoop out all the bovril paste into a small bowl. Mix in the egg, crushed garlic, pepper, spice and chilli until you have a gloopy paste.
Now for the fun bit, but before you start switch on the oven to its highest setting and have a baking tray sprayed with fry light on stand by. Using a spoon carefully dribble the paste all over a chicken drummer/strip then roll it in the breadcrumb mixture and place on the baking tray. Repeat until all the drummers/strips are covered.
Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the breadcrumbs have started to go brown and crisp. Remove and leave to cool. Once cool transfer to a serving plate.

I do a greek style one pot dish for EE days

Chop up the thighs into chunks, mix with uncooked new potatoes (chopped to the same size) and squeeze over the juice of a lemon and a pinch or salt and oregano and thyme (to taste).

Place in a large pre-heated baking tray (can use a bit of fry light) and roast for about 10 mins.

Take out and add chopped onion, asparagus, olives (mix up a bit) and put back into the oven until fully cooked.

One of my favorite no mess, easy meals and you can vary the ingredients to taste.

Back