Cooking chicken in slow cooker - need ideas please

skippylitetoes

Hi everyone, been following the forum for ages but this is first time I have actually posted.

I am looking for recipe ideas for slow cooking chicken breasts preferrably chopped into pieces however doesn't matter if cooked whole. Already have curry recipe so looking for something different. Hoping to cook overnight tonight in slow cooker. Any ideas would be really appreicated.

Hi, I made a recipe up the other day for chicken in the slow cooker because I picked up reduced chicken thighs (skinless) that needed eating. It was yummy! I put in the chicken, one tin of chopped tomatoes, 1 butternut squash cubed, one tin of haricot beans, sage, tarragon and a chicken stock cube. The chicken fell apart and it was yuuuuum :D

Chuck in anything and everything!
I love chicken with a tomato base (I normally use 2-3 tins of chopped tinned tomatoes) onion(s) (depending on size) garlic, chilli (great for these cold days!) basil, stock. (you need to keep it a bit wet in the SC I find. Or it can catch a little)
This is just my basic part for what I chuck in the SC. If I want a curry I'll also chuck in a bag of mixed veg and some curry powder.
If I want soup I'll chuck in some tinned spuds.
If I want a pasta sauce I'll leave it as it is and just boil some pasta on the side and then drench it with the sauce/chicken.. :)

You could also do diet coke chicken, it doesn't actually taste of diet coke which is good, but it's really yummy!
I love doing pulled pork with it. For that I just cut all the fat off the pork, empty two tins of chopped toms (Recipe says pasatta but I prefer the flavour of tinned toms) put the pork in, another tin of tomatoes, a few cans of coke, and then a small bit of stock until the pork is covered, general herbs and spices (I just use mixed herbs and paprika) salt, pepper, mix the saucey bit then put the lid on and it should be done late afternoon. :D And it tastes just like a really flavourful bbq pulled pork to me. :D

There's so many things you can do in a SC lol :)

Back