Chickened Out of Sugery !!

GuRlyGiRL

Hi everyone,

I chickened out of Gastric Band sugery. I was due to have it this Sunday but my family werent happy about it and thinks I can do this myself, with willpower. So here I am ...went to the dr today and he prescribed Xencial. I've been reading the forums, they are really interesting. I was just wondering if there is a "list of foods" not to have other than the obvious junk foods !! I love MAYO and i've got a feeling its gonna be high in fat :confused:

Hey hun :)

If something isn't right for you it's a good idea to not do it, so don't see it as chickening out!

As for the mayo, I have Hellmans extra light (the one thats got a purple label) and it seems to be within the rules! Perhaps a more experienced xenical user can confirm that for us tho!:)

Good luck with xenical xxxx

Good luck with the xenical.

As for the mayo Sainsburys extra light mayo has 18 calories, 1.1g fat per tablespoon...I prefer it personally.

Edited to say, just checked and Hellmans comes in even lower, I wasnt as keen on the hellmans but you may prefer the flavour over sainsburys so give both a whirl.
Hellmans is 73 cals, 3g fat per 100g
Sainsburys is 113 cals, 7g fat per 100g

Last edited:
Thanks Evilpenguin & CatCrazy, yes there were too many ifs and buts with the sugery. Do you know if there is a list what not to eat, other than the obvious ?? Thanks for the mayo tip, that will be on my shopping list.

The best way to know what you can't have is to just check the packet, or use a website like My fitness pal to search for foods and see the nutritional info on them. For me it's just been packet checking everything I see, and I'm usually surprised and tell my bf "I can have this!!!:D" lol The only thing I've found that I can't have so far has been crisps, even the low calorie ones like Quavers!

What sort of foods are you thinking of tho? Snacks, main meal ingredients ??

I have no idea on what can be eaten on xenical as Unfortunately my Dr "doesn't believe in that rubbish" (his exact words when I asked for help) despite the fact that I need to shift a lot of weight in a short time to take part in pulmonary rehab in November. I would change Dr because of this comment but hes a good Dr in all other areas and at this stage in my treatment of emphysema I dont want to be starting afresh so am doing it by myself. Not doing too bad so far but some help would have been appreciated from him.

I'm sure you will do great, it certainly sounds like you will have family back up as well as all the help on here that you could want.

Good luck

The only thing I've found that I can't have so far has been crisps, even the low calorie ones like Quavers!

That would be the killer for me, I crave the salty crunch so a pack of quavers ever couple of days are built in to my diet. Thats a plus point with my Dr being a @*%@! about it all. I guess every cloud does have a silver lining after all

That would be the killer for me, I crave the salty crunch so a pack of quavers ever couple of days are built in to my diet. Thats a plus point with my Dr being a @*%@! about it all. I guess every cloud does have a silver lining after all

Ryvita minis are in the rules, at least the cheese & chive ones are!

Hi hun, and welcome to our xenical family :D

well whatever you ate before,if you can make it within the rules then you can eat it!..you have to be careful with some foods like spreads and oils because the zenical will react.

i dont have any butteror spreads now,if i do have a sarnie i use extra light mayo to just coat the bread a bit,its within the rules. you can use fry light sprays to fry things and make your own gorgeous chips :D

there isnt a list as such as different foods react differently with everyone,i can eat baked beans some people cant so its just trial and error really.

the best thing you can do is check all the food that you buy and if you need to try and a find a lower fat alternative, which there usually is.

if you want to plan your meals ahead and unsure of what to get or put in a recipe then use asda online to find the product and look up the fat content before at least then you'll know.

after a while you wont need to look as much as it just comes like second nature to you.
watch some foods though,that are low in fat but full of sugars and calories!

try my fitness pal..thats a huge help to me :D

good luck
xoxo

Back