Chickpeas

Ali*

Gold Member
Hi,

I've just opened my first can of chickpeas - I thought they might go well with my stuffed trout (stuffed with ricotta cheese and spinach) and sweetcorn, which they did :)

What can I do with the rest of the tin? I'm not planning on cooking anything like a curry this week ... don't want to have smelly garlic hoummus breath in work ...

I am planning on making soup tonight / tomorrow ... any recipe suggestions for anything that can take some chickpeas please? :)

I put them in things like a quorn or vegetable curry. I am a bit weird with foods but I quite like them as they are - rinsed and drained in a pot and nibble on them like you would peanuts! Yuck I hear you say.

i quite like the sound of that using them just to nibble on but would we need to syn them because we are not actually using them in a meal i.e potato is free unless you slice them and turn them into crisps then we have to syn them apparently.

I usually eat them cold with tomatoes, onions, green chillies and some spices mixed in. Kinda like a salad :)

Back