Newbie diary- advice welcome!

Bubbles7777

Hi all

I've been trying to lose weight for a while now and I'm struggling to find something that suits me. I did Cambridge a few years ago now and did quite well for the first month until I fell off the wagon and couldn't get back on track. Weighing almost 3st more than when I first started, I joined slimming world in September..... again, the first month went well and then I got bored/fed up and am sitting here 6 months later only 5lbs lighter. What is it about a month that makes me lose all progress?

with Cambridge, I enjoyed the rapid results- who wouldn't hey?! But once I fell off the wagon I forgot how much I loved food and fell big time. I felt a lot of pressure being 1 on 1 with a consultant and it took me months to admit that it wasn't working for me - what a waste of money.
Slimming world... well, there's tons of food! But I got complacent with little cheats and only seeing half a pound come and go meant that I ended up caving. I hate the "happy clapping" of the sessions, but enjoy how sociable it could be and I always came away feeling encouraged.

I've finally decided/admitted that I think I have a food addiction. I find it impossible to make healthy choices when given the option (eating out or even in the canteen at work!), and I constantly eat to the point where I feel sick...... and I'll still want pudding afterwards!

I found a wowcher deal for the exante 5:2 shake diet - the rapid losses of Cambridge without the 1 on 1 pressure- could be a winner!
At the moment, I'm unsure whether to go for the 5:2 or full blown version -does anyone have an opinion on this? I also plan on sticking with the slimming world group for accurate "official" weighing and a bit of motivation.

My shakes arrived this evening and didn't come with any instructions... odd! I'm treating it exactly like Cambridge- 3 shakes a day and as much water as I can physically handle. (If this is wrong, please let me know!). I'm not planning on telling anyone- they all think I'm on slimming world. I just hate the opinions and comments. So any tips/tricks for lunchtime at work? On Cambridge, the shakes had to be drank within 15minutes of you making it up - is exante the same? Or could I make it up, pour it into a flask & pretend I have soup?

Happy dieting

I tried to start 100% over the weekend and managed it all day and as soon as the evening cane around I indulged with takeaways..... why do I do this to myself???

Anyway, all that aside, I fully started yesterday.... so much easier to start a diet on a Monday right? Day 1 went surprisingly well! Not hungry in the slightest! Hooray! Woke up starving this morning but I'm currently chugging on a shake and that's resolved it. I didn't manage to get as much water as I'd of liked yesterday- think I managed about 2 litres, so my aim for today is to try and drink more!

Hope you're all doing well

How are you currently coping with it? I had a wobbly weekend which lasted until Tuesday. But yesterday back on track. We all want this weight off and now I have something to focus on and a reason for doing it. What is your reason to loose weight?

I had a bit of a wobble on Tuesday..... pancakes are my favourite! I managed to avoid them all day by telling myself that they'll still be here when I'm not dieting anymore, but once I got home all willpower faded. Yesterday was better and back on track, as is today. I've just started to get headaches which is my usual sign that I'm so close to ketosis! My parents are coming to visit tomorrow which will hamper things, but one meal out of the week shouldn't be too bad as long as I jump straight on it!

I'm finding the shakes a LOT nicer than the Cambridge shakes. They seem to be a lot creamier and taste much less synthetic as the other ones, so at the moment they're not a chore to drink.

My main reason for losing weight is just to feel good with myself. I want to be able to fit into clothes from the high street shops and lose that feeling of embarrassment whenever my friends suggest a shopping spree. At 5'4 I'm classed as quite obese so there are a lot of health benefits too that I should be losing weight for, but I tend to ignore those until they happen

How are you getting on? I find the recovery after a wobble the most difficult part- how are you finding it?

Good luck on your journey Bubbles,

I'm on exante too! I started on 20th feb for the second time, as I couldn't carry on first time around due to health issues, this is going to be my second weekend on the plan and I must say weekends are my struggling poing but all I am going to do is just try and keep reminding myself that the food is not going anywhere so I can eat it (in moderation of course) when I am at my target weight. As I sooo want the long term feeling of losing all the excess weight, feeling healthy and being happy in my own skin much more than the short term pleasure of the food. :)

Sending you positive vibes and lots of hugs.. we can do this..xxx

Fatimah

Back