Green Day Chicky Warming Autumn Greens

memmarmite

Hello, one and all! I am new here, and thought it best that my first post ought to be something useful and lovely. A yummy recipe, then?

I yoiked this from the Abel and Cole website and have had a little fiddle to make it suitable for SW munching. Enjoy...

Chicky Warming Autumn Greens

1 onion, finely chopped
Red or green chilli, deseeded and sliced (to taste)
400g tin of chickpeas, drained
1tbsp ground cumin
1tsp ground coriander
1/2tsp turmeric
Pinch of ground cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt
1 lemon, juice and zest
A few handfuls of roughly chopped greens (chard, kale, spinach, cavelo nero, whatever tickles your pickle really)
Fry Light

Spray Fry Light into a large frying pan or wok. Add the onion and chilli. Sauté till onion is tender. Add chickpeas, spice and salt. Sauté for 5 mins. Add a splash of water along with the lemon juice and zest. Taste, add more spices or salt if needed. Fold greens through, till just wilted. Take off the heat and serve. Delicious as a main served with rice and dal.

Free on Green :)

thankyou

Hi, i am new to, what a great recipe, i will try this out and share it at my group. I need a boost and new recipes can get me out of the same old same old.

Thanks that sounds yummy

I have all 4 of those on my allotment :D |I do a frylight fry with garlic, which is gorgeous, but this sounds fantastic :D will try at the weekend - a pretty much free lunch !!

xxx

I have all 4 of those on my allotment :D |I do a frylight fry with garlic, which is gorgeous, but this sounds fantastic :D will try at the weekend - a pretty much free lunch !!

xxx

Lucky! I LOVE all the dark leafy greens, I bet they're so much better fresh picked too :D

memmarmite, thanks for the recipe. I have just cooked it for my lunch & tea. It's yummy :) very filling too :) xx

Back