Chill Syns!

foreverpink1971

I've started slimming world online this week. We are having chilli tonight for tea. My hubbie always cooks on saturdays and he has been shopping and bought lean mince plus weightwatchers chilli cooking sauce in a jar!! I don't want to tell him I can't eat it but not sure the best way to go about working out syns etc. I've told him I want to have one-third veg on my plate already which is not a problem. Does anyone know how I can work out how to log a portion of chilli and rice in my food diary so as not to offend the chef!!

Jars of sauce are always just 1 syn per 20 calories but if you want to check you can look up syns on the SW members website. Lean mince would be synned but depend on the % fat and how much you had - 2 syns per 100 raw weight on EE for less than 12% fat mince. If I were you I would also have a word with your hubby to ensure he is on board and supporting you in your weight loss, so he can cook you SW friendly meals in future

By the way just for future reference there is a dedicated sub-forum for questions about syn values. Makes it easier for people looking them up if they are all in the same place and saves admin having to move them :)

I think it sounds like her husband IS on board and has done a good job in aiming for the lower fat options. If my husband did that I think id fall over in shock. No, I don't think I would, I KNOW I would - haha

On Extra Easy the entire jar is 9syns so work out your approximate serving and go from there. The lean mince, as stated above is 2 per 100g raw weight. Standard size pack is normally around 500g so if you had half of eeverything its a max of 9.5 syns as the rice and any additional onions or chilli beans are free :)

I know you ate this last night but its not a bad option for dinner. Whilst making your own is always better (and pretty much always syn-free) its not always an option and I think he has done a good job for you there!

Back