Chilli Sauce...

Discussion in 'Route to Management' started by laurasaurus, 20 January 2011 Social URL.

1. laurasaurus

laurasaurus Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(32%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife
    Hi guys,

Can anyone help me out with my chilli sauce issue please!!! I'm in Week 4 of RTM and during Week 2 and half of Week 3 I was scoffing Sweet Chilli Sauce with gay abandon thinking it was ok - after my 5lb gain at week 3 WI I looked closer at what I was eating and realised it was just "Chilli Sauce" I was allowed, not the sweet stuff - woops!!! :cry:

Anyway, I'm keen to avoid the wrong foods but am stuggling with salad dressings that I like and found this one last night in Sainsburys:

Lingham's Chilli Sauce (280ml) in Tesco | mySupermarket

Could any knowledgeable peoples have a looky and see whether or not they think its ok?!? I opened it last night and its still quite sweet which scared me a bit, but there is no mention of "sweet" on the bottle....

Thanks in advance!!

Laura x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

Have you checked the list of ingredients to see if there is any sugar added? It might be disguised as sucrose or maltose or some other "ose" x

4. laurasaurus

laurasaurus Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(32%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife
    So I'm guessing that is a lot of sugar so a no go huh?!? :sigh:

5. goodthingsinsmallpackages

goodthingsinsmallpackages Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7.5lb(48.17%)
    Diet:
    maintaining with CC
    I probably wouldn't if it was high in sugar but it depends how much sugar.

I don't like dips, dressings or sauces at all so haven't had this problem but some of my soups do have sugar in them, just not a lot.

I would take the sauce into you LLC and let her check the label, she will be able to advise if it's too much.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.