Chinese Buffet

Trijian

What's the best way to approach going to a Chinese All-You-Can-Eat restaurant? My mum has her 50th birthday coming up, so it's obviously not a dinner I can miss.

My plan right now is just to eat free foods all day, and take it as a Flexible Syn night, but I know I could easily do over 100 Syns there without even thinking about it. Should I restrict what I eat while I'm there, or just extend my free foods day into a couple of days to balance it out?

I think you should plan ahead what you think you'll want to eat. I feel I have more control than with flexible syns as I think I would just go wild! And I hate the idea of spending 100 odd syns on one meal.

I recently went to a similar thing and pre planned so I had spare ribs (4 ribs for 8.5 syns on EE) , then I had Sweet and Sour prawns with boiled rice (9 syns) and drank a glass of wine (6 syns). I knew my trigger foods were crispy duck and prawn toast - once I start I can't stop - so just decided to not eat any.

If you usually count your syns as 15 per day, just make sure you cut back the following day to compensate. Enjoy! Xx

I try to steer clear not but yes it is hard when you have a birthday celebration etc coming up. I used to go for ll the wrong things, loats of crispy duck, kindo ribs, chicken wings which are all massive syns. If I go to a chinese I would have the ribs as the previous poster and then probably singapore chow mein or chicken chow mein. Still really tasty but lower that a lot of the sweet chilli / sweet and sour dishs!

Thanks for this thread, in the same boat as it`s my sisters birthday next week and she wants to go to a chinese .... this = *panic* for me ... i too am a crispy duck and sesame toast luver ... and once i start world watch out !!!!!!!

Will try and plan ahead so i don`t blow it :)

Back