Chinese Buffet

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by Trijian, 14 October 2010 Social URL.

1. Trijian

Trijian Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    What's the best way to approach going to a Chinese All-You-Can-Eat restaurant? My mum has her 50th birthday coming up, so it's obviously not a dinner I can miss.

My plan right now is just to eat free foods all day, and take it as a Flexible Syn night, but I know I could easily do over 100 Syns there without even thinking about it. Should I restrict what I eat while I'm there, or just extend my free foods day into a couple of days to balance it out?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. anoushka

anoushka Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(10%)
    I think you should plan ahead what you think you'll want to eat. I feel I have more control than with flexible syns as I think I would just go wild! And I hate the idea of spending 100 odd syns on one meal.

I recently went to a similar thing and pre planned so I had spare ribs (4 ribs for 8.5 syns on EE) , then I had Sweet and Sour prawns with boiled rice (9 syns) and drank a glass of wine (6 syns). I knew my trigger foods were crispy duck and prawn toast - once I start I can't stop - so just decided to not eat any.

If you usually count your syns as 15 per day, just make sure you cut back the following day to compensate. Enjoy! Xx

4. pee

pee Member

Start Weight:
    22st5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st12.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.5lb(6.55%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I try to steer clear not but yes it is hard when you have a birthday celebration etc coming up. I used to go for ll the wrong things, loats of crispy duck, kindo ribs, chicken wings which are all massive syns. If I go to a chinese I would have the ribs as the previous poster and then probably singapore chow mein or chicken chow mein. Still really tasty but lower that a lot of the sweet chilli / sweet and sour dishs!

5. Daisysp8

Daisysp8 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Thanks for this thread, in the same boat as it`s my sisters birthday next week and she wants to go to a chinese .... this = *panic* for me ... i too am a crispy duck and sesame toast luver ... and once i start world watch out !!!!!!!

Will try and plan ahead so i don`t blow it :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.